Windows 10: Need help to restore the classic control panel

Discus and support Need help to restore the classic control panel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The windows 7 control panel had all those links on the left for relative tasks depending on which page you where on. The windows 10 control panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by f9t0, Jul 28, 2015.

1. f9t0 Win User

Need help to restore the classic control panel

The windows 7 control panel had all those links on the left for relative tasks depending on which page you where on.
    The windows 10 control panel still has most options (i do not like the Modern one) but you must go to control panel then search for them, there are not the links on the left.
    Microsoft clearly wants to push the modern panel.
    Even right click on desktop>screen resolution goes to the modern. ( i think this can be changed in regedit please tell me if you know how)Need help to restore the classic control panel ;)
    I think that there must be some hack tool to change system resources like control panel and add those links to the left (i don't mind having to do it for every one) or maybe i could create shortcuts for each task (need to know the proper commands for the shortcut, i was hoping you might know)
    If not, i might have to get something like god mode but it's just too many shortcuts in one folder, is there any way to arrange them permanently?:sarc:
    PS: is there any third party program to change ALL icons like hard drives, devices, the calculator? not just the desktop (Computer, recycle bin etc.)
    PPS: I want the Old login screen (xp style) that shows my non MS account user picture not windows 8 style. I would like it even more if it was like the windows 2000 (type name and password).
    Thanks in advanced

:)

2. Windows 10 - bringing active windows to the top

Yes, that what I needed. Didn't realize that there was still the classic Control Panel, I feared everything was bundled into the Settings.

Jeff A. Johnson, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  5. f9t0 Win User
    Thanks for the info on the login screen but that is not what i meant abiut control panel. On windows 7 you cqn go to- say personalization and on the left there are links to tasks like screen resolution, mouse cursors, desktop icons. Or when you are on file history go to backup and restore. on windows 10 those links are not there anymore (on the old control panel). You can still go to these tasks by using search box or by browsing on category. But in category view some tasks cannot be found directly.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  7. f9t0 Win User
    Yep, that'll do it, thanks Brink *Smile

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help to restore the classic control panel - Similar Threads - Need help restore

2. Nvidia Control Panel not opening Help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Control Panel not opening Help...: I can not access Nvidia Control Panel when I clicked it it does no function.What could be the problem.My driver date is 20/10/2021 and 30.0.14.9649 version.Any solutions ?...
  3. I need some help regarding control panel.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need some help regarding control panel.: Is there any way I can remove things from the control panel menu? Not to uninstall or delete them, but to hide them from the list. submitted by /u/manonfire493 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ls9a2q/i_need_some_help_regarding_control_panel/
  4. "Run" command to bring back classic "System" control panel page.

"Run" command to bring back classic "System" control panel page.: Saw this on How-to-Geek today. To view the "System" page of the control panel, after updating to 20H2, you can either: Run "explorer.exe shell:::{BB06C0E4-D293-4f75-8A90-CB05B6477EEE}" (no quotes). This will show the System page every time you run it, but doesn't add the...
  5. NVIDIA control panel help

NVIDIA control panel help: so i have notice that my RTX 2060 gets hot and my GPU fans don't start going till it gets a certain temperature. Is there a way to change that so i can just always have them on to keep the card nice and cool. submitted by /u/kevin8t [link] [comments]...
  6. The Theming is not working properly in the programs and features of the classic control panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Theming is not working properly in the programs and features of the classic control panel: The Theming is not working properly in the programs and features of classic control panel when turning on dark theme of explorer programs and features is illegible and inoperable due to not being able to read it This is the issue in the image below [ATTACH]...
  7. Classic desktop background & color personalization to control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic desktop background & color personalization to control panel: I would like to add Classic Desktop Background and Classic Color and Appearance shortcuts to the control panel (since links go to the new settings options instead) using the shortcuts from the tutorials below: Create Desktop Background shortcut in Windows 10 Create Color and...
  8. My control panel and settings won't open. Need help!

My control panel and settings won't open. Need help!: My windows 10 just broke for some reason. For the past few days, i've been unable to open my Control Panel or settings. I literally cannot do anything, my network settings/wifi icon has also gone missing from my taskbar. So I can't change my wifi connection. Only reason I've...
  9. Is there anyway to restore classic control panel?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there anyway to restore classic control panel?: Is there anyway to restore classic control and disable settings apps, I know you can still open classic personalization menu but I also want all the other settings who were moved into windows settings app. 123275
  10. Missing Classic Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Classic Control Panel?: I liked the old Win7 control panel which gives a list of all control panel functions. I found out it can be used also in Win 10. Due a search for "control panel" on the search task bar. Right click to add to startup or task bar. If you just want to occasionally use it, hit...