Windows 10: Need help to speed boot times on new pc

Discus and support Need help to speed boot times on new pc in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Got a new Lenovo Laptop today with 12GB DD4 RAM and a i5 7200 2.5G CPU. After getting it going with the preinstalled windows 10, it took 150 seconds to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by win10today, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Need help to speed boot times on new pc

Got a new Lenovo Laptop today with 12GB DD4 RAM and a i5 7200 2.5G CPU. After getting it going with the preinstalled windows 10, it took 150 seconds to boot to the desktop. Deleted all the bloatware including McAfee and have it down to 36 seconds now from power button to desktop.

I've read that many are getting boot times of about 8 seconds. What else do I need to do? This laptop came with a 5400rpm HDD and yes, I will eventually change it to a SSD, but I have read that 8 second boot time is with a HDD.

:)

win10today, Jan 27, 2017

2. PC Suite doesn't connect to phone

Will it help if you boot the PC after you changed the infrared speed ?

manta---01, Jan 27, 2017
  3. Need help with new PC

1.How do I enable blue tooth?

I've googled this and seen a few solutions but non of them work. It seems like there should be a simple on off switch in the device settings but there is nothing there for me, it just asks me to add a device.

2.How do I enable 5ghz? For some reason only the 2G option is available and apparently my computer should be able to use 5G. I've spent about and an hour and a half trying to find a solution online but nothing is helping so far.

3. Why is my connection so bad? I'm using the 2G option since 5G isn't available and its really slow. My connection is usually great with 5G and even the 2G option on my laptop is slow but usable where as on my computer it isn't even really useable.

Any help would be great cheers.

Sean Kellett, Jan 27, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Need help to speed boot times on new pc

Did you also cut down on Autostart programs ? 8 seconds with a 5400 rpm HDD may be over optimistic but 15 - 20 may be obtainable.

CountMike, Jan 27, 2017
  5. brummyfan Win User
    You could also check whether Fast start-up is enabled in Power Options.

Need help to speed boot times on new pc [​IMG]

brummyfan, Jan 27, 2017
  6. I did go to the startups folder and cut down on some programs not needed in startup. Is that what you mean? So far I have it down to 18 seconds from pressing the power button on to getting to the desktop. It's getting better and I want to tweak it until I can't get any more boot speed, and then clone the whole thing to an SSD.

win10today, Jan 27, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    When you install SSD those times will drop down significantly anyway.

CountMike, Jan 27, 2017
  8. Need help to speed boot times on new pc

I didn't enable fast start up as I disabled hibernate and if hibernate is disabled, fast start up won't work.

win10today, Jan 27, 2017
  9. I know, but I thought it would be a good idea to tweak the system first and have it all running smoothly and fast with all the bloatware removed etc and then switch to an SSD. Got to hand it to MS though as they have sneaky ads hidden in just about every corner of windows 10.

win10today, Jan 27, 2017
  10. What about BIOS settings ? Do you have ther a fast boot ?

JordanMihailov, Jan 28, 2017
  11. Will read my manual to see how to get into BIOS and then see if I can see a fast boot or something like that thanks!

win10today, Jan 29, 2017
  12. AddRAM Win User
    You will never ever get 8 second boot times with a hard drive, until you get a ssd, I wouldn`t even worry about your boot times, just cut down on the startup items as best you can, as suggested.

Fast Boot is usually already on by default.

AddRAM, Jan 29, 2017
  13. pparks1 Win User

8 seconds is pretty hard even with an SSD. My desktop mobo takes longer to POST than 8 seconds.

I don't boot all that often, so 20-30 seconds is just fine by me.

pparks1, Jan 29, 2017
  14. I thought 8 seconds for a HDD was a little optimistic. I got mine down to 15 seconds now with my 5400rpm hard drive so I think that is good enough. Now I can clone the drive to the SSD and see how it goes from there.

win10today, Jan 29, 2017
  15. Just checked the BIOS settings and fast boot is enabled but since I got boot time down to 15 seconds now, I'm happy with that until I install my SSD next week.

win10today, Jan 29, 2017
Thema:

1. Need help to speed boot times on new pc - Similar Threads - Need help speed

2. PC won't boot into bios, need help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot into bios, need help!: Here's my PC Specs:- Motherboard: ASrock B550m Pro 4 Bios ver: 2.71- CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X- GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB OC,PCIe- PSU: Coolermaster MWE GOLD v2 modular 650w- RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 AMD Ryzen Memory Kit- HDD: 500GB SSD,M.2-...
  3. Need help with booting pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with booting pc: Okay so, I can't really tell if it's an issue of my monitor.I'll give a quick backstory on what happened. I got this new game on my pc, everything was fine until I went into full screen with the game. The screen went entirely black with a message that said "mode not optimal....
  4. Need help with booting pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with booting pc: Okay so, I can't really tell if it's an issue of my monitor.I'll give a quick backstory on what happened. I got this new game on my pc, everything was fine until I went into full screen with the game. The screen went entirely black with a message that said "mode not optimal....
  5. I need help in my PC not booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help in my PC not booting: My PC keeps on starting with startup repair error. When I initiate the repair t will restart and does nothing. Nothing. I have multiple restarts already and I made my PC cool still no options to boot at least in the sign in page. I dont remember doing anything does not cool...
  6. PC; BSOD, Freezes, Locks Up, Long Boot time. Need Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC; BSOD, Freezes, Locks Up, Long Boot time. Need Help: Hello,My desktop computer recently has been acting up, locking up and freezing, sometimes going far as getting a blue screen. This happens during normal web browsing to heavy loads, i.e running games. The boot times went from a few seconds to a few minutes all of a sudden - I...
  7. Need help new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help new pc: Got a new pc for my birthday. Its windows 10 and all seems to be fine except I can't connect ro the Wi-fi after hours of trying differnt ways it just won't work. I'm on a WPA2 personal router btw but it keeps telling me that it's unable to connect and that "the WiFi network...
  8. Need help with wifi speed

Need help with wifi speed: Hi all My phone and laptop are connected to same wifi But from yesterday only in my laptop browsing and downloading become too slow. I tried virus scan in boot. Ipconfig reset nothing works Sometimes suddenly speed will come for a min and goes down even opening google.com...
  9. need help with new pc

need help with new pc: i recently bought a new pc, booted it up and it had 2 different accounts, i was fine and ive been able to use it perfectly fine. the other account however is the admin account that i dont have the password to. is there any way to access/ get rid of this account without...
  10. Need help with my new PC

Need help with my new PC: So I kinda messed up the setup of my new gaming pc bc I found a setting where you can change where new items are put to, like what drive or what not. And I had it to my 220gb HDD and the 900gb SSD that came built in and every game I installed went to the HDD, i am resetting...