Windows 10: Need help unpinning combined shortcuts from start menu

Discus and support Need help unpinning combined shortcuts from start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had two settings shortcuts pinned to my Start menu. "Update and Security" and "Ease of access". Then, while using the touchpad, I dragged one of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MoalongKichu, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Need help unpinning combined shortcuts from start menu

I had two settings shortcuts pinned to my Start menu. "Update and Security" and "Ease of access". Then, while using the touchpad, I dragged one of them over the other and the two shortcuts combined.

> I cannot seperate them now

> Clicking the combined shortcuts do not do anything except toggle the tile icon with an arrow pointing upward.

> Right clicking the combined tile just give the option to "Resize". There is no unpin option.

I can always pin the settings again to the Start Menu but I want this dead tile to be removed. Please guide me.

I don't know how to SNIP my start menu so I cannot upload a preview of it.

:)

MoalongKichu, Jul 12, 2018
  2. ArtP Win User

'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10

Thanks Cliff. The first suggestion didn't work because the shortcut icon is not listed. The second easier suggestion didn't work because right-clicking does not include "Open File Location" as an option, only "Unpin from Start" and "Resize". Screenshots are included. "xmltobgl" is the culprit icon.

Need help unpinning combined shortcuts from start menu [​IMG]

Need help unpinning combined shortcuts from start menu [​IMG]

3. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

At first, you can create a shortcut in your Programs folder
    (in a hidden folder C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs). The shortcut appears in
    All apps list. Then you can pin it to Start menu / Taskbar as Mayank Gupta10 suggested.

The common way is to create a shortcut on the Desktop.
    But the more elegant way is creating Custom toolbars.

Sergiy Shklyar, Jul 12, 2018
  4. RodHarney Win User

Need help unpinning combined shortcuts from start menu

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

This sounds great... only problem is that the hidden folder in Windows 10 "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" contains five folders and no files. If I add my shortcut to the "Programs" folder as suggested, it does NOT appear
    in the "All apps" list. If I put it in the "Windows System" folder, a subfolder of "Programs" which contains 7 other shortcuts that show up in "All apps", my shortcut still does not appear. I really don't care about "The common way" or "the more elegant way",
    I just want to know how to accomplish this, and so far, these solutions just don't work. It seems like there should be a folder, somewhere, where all the shortcuts for the "All apps" list are stored. I hope someone can help me with this frustrating issue.

RodHarney, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Need help unpinning combined shortcuts from start menu

1. Need help unpinning combined shortcuts from start menu - Similar Threads - Need help unpinning

2. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  3. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  4. Unpin tiles from Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unpin tiles from Start menu: Hi, I have a question How can I unpin all tiles from the Start Menu using a batch script or registry editor in Windows 10 20H2 175931
  5. unpin start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unpin start menu: i tried to reinstall my browser (firefox) so i uninstalled it but i can't unpin the shortcut i have in my start menu what's the solution? https://i.postimg.cc/5jc0DFvM/2.png forgot to add that when i click on it, nothing happens submitted by /u/djindjer [link]...
  6. Can't unpin from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't unpin from start menu: A few months ago, I could unpin from start, but now when I unpin something, it comes back every time I shut down my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpin-from-start-menu/84d8eb39-c74d-45d0-b093-e167399f8d17
  7. How to unpin Cortana from Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unpin Cortana from Start Menu?: i've searched everywhere, and even uninstalled Cortana from Windows Features.. it's no longer running.. but i can't figure out how to unpin it from the Start Menu. Anyone know how to unpin Cortana? Thanks FYI: if anyone is interested in removing hidden Windows...
  8. Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.: I'm unable to remove this tile from my Start Menu. It was a folder shortcut which was working fine until I changed the letter of the drive it belonged to. There are only two options when I right click, one is to unpin and the other is to resize the tile. I have tried pretty...
  9. Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu: Hello all, I love Windows 10. I really do. However, there's one slight nuisance that is really starting to get on my nerves. Every time I right-click a tile, select something such as "Unpin from Start," absolutely nothing happens. The tile remains, I can reshape it, move...
  10. Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?: So, am I just stupid or when I right click an app and choose "Unpin from Start" the app is still in the Start Menu and works no problem, am I just missing something or there is no way to get rid of pinned apps ? Also I read somewhere that when you right click a blank space...