Windows 10: Need help updating

Discus and support Need help updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have an HP laptop that came with a 32GB disc, which has nothing except for the OS, Chrome, anti-virus and anti-malware installed. In other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CP6NH, Aug 7, 2018.

1. CP6NH Win User

Need help updating

Hi,

I have an HP laptop that came with a 32GB disc, which has nothing except for the OS, Chrome, anti-virus and anti-malware installed. In other words, I can't free up space. I have only 2.5GB of free space, but I need 8GB to download and install a major Windows update. I have tried using large USB sticks and hard drives, but the install won't save to them, or won't recognize them.

There must be a workaround, and I have looked around but couldn't find a solution. Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks!

:)

CP6NH, Aug 7, 2018

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 7, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Aug 7, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Need help updating

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Need help updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Need help updating

1. Need help updating - Similar Threads - Need help updating

2. I need help with updating these.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with updating these.: I have no odea on how to update these.Windows update shows no updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-updating-these/085754be-068b-4808-94b9-ce37072d053c
  3. I need help with updating these.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with updating these.: I have no odea on how to update these.Windows update shows no updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-updating-these/085754be-068b-4808-94b9-ce37072d053c
  4. Need help with update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with update: Can someone tell me why I cant get updates on my Windows? I have Windows 10 21h1 and Its been a couple of months since I last updated my Windows and still have not get any after that. Does the update stop on my machine?...
  5. Need help with update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with update: Can someone tell me why I cant get updates on my Windows? I have Windows 10 21h1 and Its been a couple of months since I last updated my Windows and still have not get any after that. Does the update stop on my machine?...
  6. Need help with update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Need help with Windows Updates

Need help with Windows Updates: Please help me. I've been trying to find help for 2 days. The phone numbers given won't give me a live person. Since March of 2021 my church has had problems with the Windows updates. The last time it was updated I couldn't use the overhead projectors in the Church to put the...
  8. Need help with update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with update.: [ATTACH] First of all, please use understandable language, because I'm just casual user xd So, Windows Update says that my version of Windows will lost important updates soon and I have to update it... but I can't. I'm trying to update my windows, but it's installing,...
  9. Need help updating

Need help updating: Tried to update but it said "Can't update system reserved partition" and gave me the error code 0x1900201 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-updating/c9de4556-d25b-42ae-893e-1c125b631a9f
  10. Need help updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need help updating: Hi, I have an HP laptop that came with a 32GB disc, which has nothing except for the OS, Chrome, anti-virus and anti-malware installed. In other words, I can't free up space. I have only 2.5GB of free space, but I need 8GB to download and install a major Windows update. I...