Windows 10: Need help! windows 10 installation is not working.

Discus and support Need help! windows 10 installation is not working. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, so i put in my windows 10 USB flash drive and went into my BIOS. I booted using the USB as the boot method. I selected a 64 bit installation, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Drone1011, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Drone1011 Win User

Need help! windows 10 installation is not working.

Hi, so i put in my windows 10 USB flash drive and went into my BIOS. I booted using the USB as the boot method. I selected a 64 bit installation, the screen turns a dark blue and loads then before i can do any action with the mouse or keyboard i get this message that stops me from installing it " Windows set up could not install one or more boot-critical drivers. To install windows, make sure the drivers are valid, and restart the installation". if anyone knows what is wrong please help. I am currently using my old windows 7 64 bit, that installation worked fine.

:)

Drone1011, Nov 30, 2016

2. my windowa 10 upgrade is not working i need help please

Please someone help me Windows 10 is not working in my pc right.

cynthia lewis, Nov 30, 2016
  3. my windowa 10 upgrade is not working i need help please

Could you be more specific, is it installed or not installed?

Could you describe your system specifications?

What is the error message you receive when you attempt install?

Troubleshooting installation:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 30, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

A couple of things can cause that.

Plugging the USB flash drive into a USB 3.0 (blue) port will cause problems If it is plugged into a blue port, try plugging it into a USB 2.0 (black) port instead.

The Windows 10 USB flash drive is bad either due to a corrupted ISO file or bad flash drive itself. Try downloading a fresh Windows 10 ISO file and recreating the USB flash drive.

What did you use to make the Windows 10 flash drive with? Media Creation Tool? Rufus (the worst way)? Diskpart and copy and paste?

NavyLCDR, Nov 30, 2016
  5. Drone1011 Win User
    I bought a windows 10 usb flash drive. I also tried creating one with a flash drive i have, the same thing happened. I will try a different port, thank you so much.

When i created a new flash drive USB windows 10, i used this method How to Install Windows 10 from a USB Flash Drive - YouTube

Drone1011, Nov 30, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    What I would try next is getting an ISO file of Kyhi's Recovery Tools. See my quote in the middle of the OP:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

You will need a program to mount ISO files in Windows 7. If you don't have one, I think this is the one I used last:
    Virtual CloneDrive - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

On the Windows 10 USB flash drive that you created, replace the boot.wim in the sources folder with the boot.wim file from Kyhi's Recovery Drive.

See if the computer boots all the way into Kyhi's recovery drive and then using file explorer run setup.exe from the Windows 10 USB flash drive.

NavyLCDR, Nov 30, 2016
  7. spunk Win User
    Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Hard Drive Mode or SATA, change the mode from IDE or Legacy to AHCI

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help! windows 10 installation is not working. - Similar Threads - Need help installation

2. need help installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help installing windows 10: My laptop is on windows 8 and I need to upgrade to windows 10. I need help to do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-installing-windows-10/230e909c-4b8d-46b7-b24d-b2ef011046b1
  3. need help installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help installing windows 10: My laptop is on windows 8 and I need to upgrade to windows 10. I need help to do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-installing-windows-10/230e909c-4b8d-46b7-b24d-b2ef011046b1
  4. Need help with windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with windows 10 installation: I just got a new laptop without Windows 10 installed. I've seen tutorials on how to install it. I have a 2TB external HDD. My question is, is there anyway I can make my external HDD a "pendrive" to install Windows 10 on my new laptop, without erasing data from it. Like do...
  5. Need Help on Windows 10 installation

Need Help on Windows 10 installation: I've managed to run my installer from a flash drive. But I'm getting stuck at the getting files ready for installation part. Everytime it reaches 69% it gets stuck then after a few moments the installer restarts again from the beginning. I really don't know what to do. Please...
  6. Need help installing Windows 10

Need help installing Windows 10: AMD StoreMI messed with my drives and I tried to delete the AMD StoreMI device and asked to restart my computer. After I restarted my computer Windows 10 was gone. It was still trying to boot from the AMD StoreMI drive. I installed media creation tool on a USB drive and it...
  7. Need help installing windows 10

Need help installing windows 10: Hi This PC had a windows 7 ultimate in 2015 so when microsoft announced free upgrade i got windows 10 pro It worked fine but about Jan-Feb 2019 its hard drive failed(I don't know for sure,my father told me this and he ain't so tech-savvy) Well it had multiple problems but...
  8. Need help installing Windows 10

Need help installing Windows 10: I just finished assembling my new PC but it keeps freezing when I try to install windows 10. It doesn't freeze in the BIOs and the furthest I've gotten is to the "enter activation key" I've tried unplugging my GPU and using motherboard outputs, I've removed sticks of RAM...
  9. Need help in installing Windows 10

Need help in installing Windows 10: Hi, I need help to install Windows 10 in my system as I only have my product key of Windows 7 Home Basic. Please tell me if it is possible to do so! Thanks and Regards, Prateek...
  10. Need Help in Windows 10 Installation

Need Help in Windows 10 Installation: Hey guys, I finally decided to upgrade to Windows 10. I don't know why I didn't have the option to update to Windows 10 normally, it's been two months & I have not got the "Get Windows 10 Icon" even though I have installed all the updates on PC! Anyways, I tried...