Windows 10: need help with adding/setting default image viewer windows 10

Discus and support need help with adding/setting default image viewer windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ok i wanted to assign infanview my favorite image viewer because it shows animated gifs. Others do not. But i cannot find a way to get infranview on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jacknife1966, Jan 26, 2017.

1. need help with adding/setting default image viewer windows 10

Ok i wanted to assign infanview my favorite image viewer because it shows animated gifs. Others do not. But i cannot find a way to get infranview on the list of default image viewers. Assuming it's possible anyone know how?

:)

jacknife1966, Jan 26, 2017

2. problem cannot opne file

Hello zhubinjaff i hope you're doing goog today, let's try the following:

There are several ways to open an image and video file in Windows 10. If a photo cannot be viewed using the Photo App, we suggest opening it using a different app. The steps below will help you set Photo Viewer as your default image viewer, do the same for
    the video file:

Press Windows Key + S and enter default programs. Select Default Programs from the list.

Select Set your default .

Select Windows Photo Viewer and click the Set this program as default.

Click OK to save changes.programs

After setting Photo Viewer as your default image viewer, open those .JPG files and see if the issue still occurs.

Pedro_2020, Jan 26, 2017
  3. Alan Russell, Jan 26, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

need help with adding/setting default image viewer windows 10

Here's one way just to illustrate Irfanview specifically, via rt clicking a jpg and Open With.

need help with adding/setting default image viewer windows 10 [​IMG]

Note in Win 8, 10 you cannot assign defaults from within a program.

Here are other ways... the tutorial section is really worth checking for 100s of excellent 'How-to' guides, mostly by @Brink
    Default Apps - Choose in Windows 10

dalchina, Jan 26, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    Also, try Win-I for Settings, Display, Default Apps, scroll down to Photo Viewer, choose an app. (Imho there's a better one in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs.)

tcebob, Jan 28, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @jacknife1966

If yours is an older version of Irfranview, you may still have a problem setting it as the default viewer. Some of the older versions are incompatible with Windows 10. If you get a notification that "an app default was reset" each time you try to set Irfranview as default then you'll need to download the latest version - as was found to be the solution in this thread.
    Setting up Windows 10 Pro

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

need help with adding/setting default image viewer windows 10

1. need help with adding/setting default image viewer windows 10 - Similar Threads - need help adding

2. Default Windows Image Viewer Question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Windows Image Viewer Question.: When I double click on an image via whatever application is the default and I have 100's of images in a folder, is there a quick way to find the image? Like I press 1 button and it links me to the file in the folder or something like that?...
  3. Default Windows Image Viewer Question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Windows Image Viewer Question.: When I double click on an image via whatever application is the default and I have 100's of images in a folder, is there a quick way to find the image? Like I press 1 button and it links me to the file in the folder or something like that?...
  4. Default Windows Image Viewer Question.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Pre-install a software in OEM windows image and set it as default picture viewer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pre-install a software in OEM windows image and set it as default picture viewer: I have a an application which can view images. I want to work with a manufacturer to install it in their desktop and set it as a default picture viewer replacing windows photo viewer. Is that technically or otherwise possible?...
  6. Windows Image Viewer settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Image Viewer settings: I just got a Nikon 3500 and uplodaded my pictures from my camera onto my computer. I am currently using the regular Windows 10 image viewer (The one with blue mountains, background and a sun). Everytime I view a photo it shows the regular photo. But after a second or two the...
  7. Need help with getting my Windows 10 default settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with getting my Windows 10 default settings: For some odd reason in my Windows 10 my Environmental Variables are configured to an OpenSSH. I can’t use my command prompt and I suspect the reason is because of what was mentioned above. I need the default since my system protection option in my advanced settings was set to...
  8. Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.: Hello world, I'm having some issues with the default windows 10 photo / image viewer. When I open a image, the application loads said image but adds a certain yellow-ish tint to it aswell as some kind of resolution downgrade. It's weird because the instant I open the image,...
  9. Help! Can't set Windows Photo Viewer as default program!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Can't set Windows Photo Viewer as default program!: Before the update, I had installed Windows Photo Viewer and could go to Control Panel > Default Programs and click "Set this program as default" or "Choose defaults for this program". Now, if I click Set this program as default it doesn't do anything, still says 2 out of...
  10. windows default image viewer spacebar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    windows default image viewer spacebar not working: normally we all know when we click spacebar it goes to another image conveniently. However, I find that in C: drive some images spacebar are not working. When I copy or cut and paste those images to another drive the spacebar works again. why it's that??? 93360