Windows 10: Need help with Admin privileges

Discus and support Need help with Admin privileges in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I need to install a software but when I click the file the UAC comes out and asks the usual questions. What I find weird is it does not give me the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ad5md, Nov 7, 2016.

1. ad5md Win User

Need help with Admin privileges

I need to install a software but when I click the file the UAC comes out and asks the usual questions. What I find weird is it does not give me the option to click YES. Only the NO button shows up. I checked and it seems that I am logged in as a local account. I tired everything but can't figure out to change the account type or log-in as admin. Only resort is to back up and do a restore PC but even the backup won;t let me go past the UAC.
    Any help will be much appreciate.d

:)

ad5md, Nov 7, 2016
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 7, 2016
  3. Jeraldine Ase, Nov 7, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

You cannot log in as an real admin. If UAC is not letting you past, there there is something wrong with the software or third party security software you may have installed. Where did you get this software and what is the name of it?

bro67, Nov 7, 2016
  5. ad5md Win User
    I don't think it is the software that I'm trying to install. It happens on any application, can't even change the time on the pc

ad5md, Nov 7, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Right click on start icon and select Command Prompt. Enter the following command:

net localgroup administrators

What user accounts are listed in the administrators group?

Code: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393] (c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\John>net localgroup administrators Alias name administrators Comment Administrators have complete and unrestricted access to the computer/domain Members ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Administrator John The command completed successfully.[/quote]

NavyLCDR, Nov 7, 2016
  7. ad5md Win User
    Run the command and it showed exactly what you have posted.

[/quote]

ad5md, Nov 7, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Then I would suggest you login as John, which should have admin rights. If your result was exactly what I posted then you have two administrator accounts on your computer - the built-in Administrator and John. Did you happen to look at the bottom where the list of users that are in the administrators group is shown?

NavyLCDR, Nov 7, 2016
  9. ad5md Win User
    That's what puzzles me, I am logged-in as (my username) but still won't give me admin privileges. I checked under control panel/users amd it shows me as a local account. Tried to right click on CMD prompt but the "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" doesn't show up

ad5md, Nov 7, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    It would really help us if you would post the result of net localgroup administrators. You said your result was exactly the same result I posted. Well, unless you have a user account named John which is a member of your administrators group then your result was not exactly like mine. And if you do have a user account named John which is a member of your administrators group then you need to log in to the user account John.

NavyLCDR, Nov 7, 2016
  11. ad5md Win User
    Ok now I know what you meant, I got confused....I was referring to the screenshot you posted. This is what came out::

C:\Users\>net localgroup administrators
    Alias name administrators
    Comment Administrators have complete and unrestricted access to the computer/domain

Members
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Administrator
    The command completed successfully

ad5md, Nov 7, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    K. So that shows that you have no user account which is an administrator. You need a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD that you can boot from. Kyhi's recovery tools from this forum would also work. Then use option 4 here:
    Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Once you have the built-in Administrator account enabled, log into it, then you can go to users control panel and change your normal user account to administrator:
    Account Type - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Then go back and disable the built-in administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Nov 7, 2016
  13. ad5md Win User

I upgraded to Win10 before the free offer expired and I don't have a cd for that. Who is Kyhi and how can I have the recovery tool?

ad5md, Nov 7, 2016
  14. ad5md Win User
    I don't have the cd for Win10 (upgraded to it before the free offer expired). How can I obtain the recovery tool from Kyhi?

ad5md, Nov 7, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    Download the Windows 10 iso from microsoft.com. The repair tool is in a tutorial in the tutorials section at the top of the page.

bro67, Nov 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Need help with Admin privileges - Similar Threads - Need help Admin

2. Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin privileges: I don't know what I did but I no longer have a user with admin privileges nor can I access "Family & other users” category it's not an option in "Accounts" How do I get my admin privileges back when I don't have admin privileges....
  3. Admin privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin privileges: I don't know what I did but I no longer have a user with admin privileges nor can I access "Family & other users” category it's not an option in "Accounts" How do I get my admin privileges back when I don't have admin privileges....
  4. Admin Privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin Privileges: My new HP All in one does not recognize me as the administrator. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-privileges/8cde7d41-26ef-4a38-bd2c-7a0b7b7b98d5
  5. Need admin privileges but I am the admin

Need admin privileges but I am the admin: I am trying to install an app that I know is safe, but windows 10 is blocking me from doing so. It is telling me that the admin is blocking it, though I am logged on to the admin account. I cannot deploy my C# application due to this error. I am on an ASUS laptop...
  6. Admin privileges

Admin privileges: So I recently transferred windows over to a new m.2 drive which I got got Christmas. But when I was trying to make the account passwordsless, I used the command netplwiz to make it passwordless because that's what I found online, but while doing that I decided to change the...
  7. admin privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin privileges: so i want admin privileges so i can unblock websites but for some reason i cant access accounts, gaming, apps, update and sercuity, personalization, and when i do a admin app it says enter admin user and password i reset my computer but nothing helped and i cantt access...
  8. Need admin privilege's to make myself admin?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need admin privilege's to make myself admin?: I am attempting to go into my Control Panel>User Accounts>User Accounts to change my account type to an administrator, but when I attempt to do so I get a pop up from User Account Control that says "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" with User...
  9. admin privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    admin privileges: Hi, Even since I bought my PC, I noticed that whenever I needed to make a change in setting I received a message saying I was not the administrator. In order to run CDM to try to make a change, it tell me that the operation requires elevation (run as administrator) Why is...
  10. No Admin privileges.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Admin privileges.: I purchased a new Alienware computer 2 weeks ago and a couple days ago I noticed I couldn't access my Pictures folder. I also noticed I couldn't do any Admin tasks. I can't open task manager, Open any exe. files and when I right click on C drive I get Access is denied. I...