Windows 10: Need Help with Cortana

Discus and support Need Help with Cortana in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question on how to fix this. I have a Logitech Vx Revolution mouse and whenever I move the mouse, left click, or do any activity with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AJMJackKnife, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Need Help with Cortana

Hello, I have a question on how to fix this. I have a Logitech Vx Revolution mouse and whenever I move the mouse, left click, or do any activity with it Cortana pops up. I thought maybe it was just the mouse, so I took it and plugged it into my dad's computer but it doesn't pop up Cortana. It works perfectly fine on his. Is there anyway I can fix that?

:)

AJMJackKnife, Jul 27, 2016

2. Rolling back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, then back to 10 when support for 7 ends.

1. Go back to Windows 7 or go back to the previous build?

2. Did you purchase the refurbished computer on 10 January, first use it on 10 January, or did the refurbisher (I assume) "install" Win10 on 10 January?

3a. Where did you purchased the refurbished computer?

3b. Do you know who refurbished it?

4. What Windows 10 Version & OS Build is currently installed?

Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
    key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments:

• IMHO you can't trust the security of any used computer unless & until YOU have formatted the HDD & then done a clean install of Windows (or paid someone - not the supposed "refurbisher" - to do it for you).
    • Mom's prolly better off sticking with Win10. Learning new stuff is good for her! <wink>

We purchased the computer from a Comprenew store on January 18, but the date on the OS install was January 10. We just activated the software on the 18th. Comprenew recycles old electronics etc. and is a certified Microsoft refurbisher. I am not positive
    which build is installed, but I can find it when I get over there. It looks like we have lots of help here to figure things out... all is tremendously appreciated. And... yes....it is good for her to learn new stuff, so we are trying to encourage her to
    learn the "new" Windows OS. We'll see what happens. Thanks again! Need Help with Cortana :) Oh yeah, I do need to double check if it says go back to Windows7 or previous build...thanks for that. I've been looking at too many computers lately... can't remember which one says
    what. :[

Need some help with..., Jul 27, 2016
  3. Information from calender missing after updating to version 1709

Hi, and thanks. There were only about 10 or so events with a couple paragraphs of notes on each event. The syncing process was taking hours. Something isn't right. I'm pretty sure it's not a bandwidth issue. The same message keeps coming up stating "We're
    not able to show you some events in this time frame. But They're still there-via your account provider." What exactly does that mean. It sounds like it should be a simple fix. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? I really need this info.

One other thing, as you can see, there does not appear to be another restore point prior to the 1709 update. All attempts failed.

Need some help with..., Jul 27, 2016
Thema:

Need Help with Cortana

1. Need Help with Cortana - Similar Threads - Need Help Cortana

2. No voice activation setting for Cortana. Need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No voice activation setting for Cortana. Need help!: I’m trying to enable voice activation for Cortana but when I go into settings the option for Cortana isn’t there submitted by /u/DueOscar1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uqxheu/no_voice_activation_setting_for_cortana_need_help/
  3. Need help with Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with Cortana: It would appear that some time back I deleted Cortana from my Windows 10. I want to reinstate it, can it be reinstalled? 142040
  4. Need help with Cortana Crash

Need help with Cortana Crash: While Cortana seems to work from the taskbar, when I try to open the app to access settings, the app briefly flashes a purple screen but quickly disappears. running Windows 10 build 18985, release 190913-1426, just updated today....
  5. HELP WITH CORTANA

in Cortana
    HELP WITH CORTANA: Hi, I just want to hide or delete Cortana, this application does not work for me, I do not go talking to a machine, I'm sorry. Things of personal preference. Thank you....
  6. cortana help

cortana help: can you get cortana to search for files, open applications and shut down or restart the computer? if so what are the commands for these actions? 4294
  7. Cortana help

Cortana help: Hi all, Well today when I click on "Search Windows" on the taskbar it does nothing. If I right-click and select "Search" it does nothing. Yet Cortana continues to run in Task Manager and runs at 30% cpu. I tried disabling Cortana and still have Search working with tutorial...
  8. Need Help with my mouse opening Cortana

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help with my mouse opening Cortana: Hello. I've recently gotten a Logitech VX Revolution and for some odd reason everytime i move the mouse or left click or do ANYTHING Cortana pops up. I've tested this on another computer to see if the same thing happened but it didn't. Is there something wrong with my...
  9. Need help to disable Cortana

Need help to disable Cortana: I've disabled Cortana in the Group Policy, and restarted the PC, but still Cortana remains. When I used to have it disabled, a search icon appeared. Everything is disabled in the Cortana settings menu. Are there some other settings I should be aware of? [img] [img]...
  10. Need help getting Cortana to be less useless.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help getting Cortana to be less useless.: Well, all that I was able to make Cortana do is show me the weather... I say "Hey Cortana", nothing happens. I need to actually press the microphone button to make her start listening. I say "Open windows update", she says "Try that again after future updates" I say...