Windows 10: Need help with dual monitors

Discus and support Need help with dual monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello. I cannot get a dual monitor setup to work for the life of me. I've made a LITTLE progress though by tweaking the BIOS to load from the Mobo VGA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JRhoa, Jul 13, 2016.

1. JRhoa Win User

Need help with dual monitors

Hello. I cannot get a dual monitor setup to work for the life of me. I've made a LITTLE progress though by tweaking the BIOS to load from the Mobo VGA port first on boot, but now the second monitor just stays lit up with the windows 10 logo and nothing else, while the first still works just fine. Windows will not detect the second monitor, nor will extending it on the projector settings work. The main monitor is plugged into DVI on an old ATI Radeon HD 7700 Series card. Forget the exact model and that. I believe it's an H.I.S. Radeon. But I'm going through all the options and i'm scratching my head here. help would be appreciated.

EDIT The Radeon card I have only supports one DVI connection and one HDMI. Both monitors I have are VGA/DVI.

:)

JRhoa, Jul 13, 2016

2. need help with dual monitors

Just got a used but updated desktop tower. I have two monitors and it shows the same thing on both. Windows will not detect the second monitor and I don't think this computer has graphic properties. So, I recently purchased a j5 creater usb to vga display
    adapter for this to work- still doesn't work.

Need help.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

mvergara04, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    need help with dual monitors

Hi,

A dual monitor set-up uses two screens which operate from a single computer – extending the visual workspace and allowing you to see a lot more at one time. By moving your mouse back and forth between the screens, you can drag programmes between the monitors
    rather than alt-tabbing and task switching to glance at another window. To add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC, kindly click on the article below by
    Andre Da Costa.

How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC

For any other concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 13, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

I'll happily be wrong, but I don't believe you can run one from the mobo and one from the video card together.

Disable the mobo GPU in BIOS.

Then get an HDMI/DVI adapter so you can run the second monitor off the card with the first.

RWOne, Jul 13, 2016
  5. JRhoa Win User
    Thanks for the response. it's actually working now from the onboard VGA slot and the DVI on the graphics. dont know what fixed it. maybe an automatic driver update somewhere who knows. but im not questioning it lol

JRhoa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help with dual monitors - Similar Threads - Need help dual

2. Help with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with dual monitors: [ATTACH] So I have my laptop connected to a larger external monitor and i'm wondering how I can make my number 1 monitor smaller without changing scale or resolution,, thanks!...
  3. Needing Help With Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Needing Help With Dual Monitors: I'm running windows 10 home and I have a hdmi port on my laptop that I connected to my secondary monitor. Display Resolution 1366 X 768 (Recommended) for the laptop resolution. But the secondary monitor is 1920 x1080 full hd. I want to have 2 different wallpapers one for...
  4. Needing Help With Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Needing Help With Dual Monitors: I'm running windows 10 home and I have a hdmi port on my laptop that I connected to my secondary monitor. Display Resolution 1366 X 768 (Recommended) for the laptop resolution. But the secondary monitor is 1920 x1080 full hd. I want to have 2 different wallpapers one for...
  5. Need Help With Dual Monitors

Need Help With Dual Monitors: Hey! I just setup dual monitors using an old monitor I found, but there's a small problem. The old monitor I found is super long vertically, and the bottom of the screen is far below my eyeline. I thought a simple fix for this would be to change the resolution vertically,...
  6. dual monitor set up need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor set up need help: How to drag and drop between laptop and another monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-set-up-need-help/310b8514-da68-4821-81a5-249d27843d62
  7. Need Help with dual monitors

Need Help with dual monitors: I setup dual monitors, and everything is fine except for the fact that when I open a program from my secondary monitor, it displays on my primary monitor and shows the taskbar button on both monitors. Any fix? submitted by /u/Slosshy [link] [comments]...
  8. need help with separate settings on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    need help with separate settings on dual monitors: Windows 10 version 1903. Hi, I have a laptop small display (the main one) and an external large monitor (#2). I need to have separate settings for each. I'm having trouble - when I use scaling in display settings, or set icon size in "view", the setting will apply to both....
  9. need help with separate settings on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    need help with separate settings on dual monitors: Windows 10 version 1903. Hi, I have a laptop small display (the main one) and an external large monitor (#2). I need to have separate settings for each. I'm having trouble - when I use scaling in display settings, or set icon size in "view", the setting will apply to both....
  10. Needing help with dual-monitor wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Needing help with dual-monitor wallpaper: Ok, so I have a Dual-Monitor Set up, as i'm sure a lot of people here do. I have 2 separate wallpapers. One for each monitor. They keep changing. I do not want them to change. I have tried registry edits, and looked through the Settings, but can't seem to get it to stay. Can...