Windows 10: Need help with motherboard drivers

Discus and support Need help with motherboard drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new motherboard on the way and i want to get drivers downloaded to a usb to have ready to install. There are so many i don't know what ones i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Xiusho, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Xiusho Win User

Need help with motherboard drivers

I have a new motherboard on the way and i want to get drivers downloaded to a usb to have ready to install. There are so many i don't know what ones i need. My motherboard is an ASUS Z97-A/USB 3.1. Could someone let me know what ones i need thanks. I will be running windows 10.

:)

Xiusho, Feb 8, 2016

2. Rolling back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, then back to 10 when support for 7 ends.

1. Go back to Windows 7 or go back to the previous build?

2. Did you purchase the refurbished computer on 10 January, first use it on 10 January, or did the refurbisher (I assume) "install" Win10 on 10 January?

3a. Where did you purchased the refurbished computer?

3b. Do you know who refurbished it?

4. What Windows 10 Version & OS Build is currently installed?

Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
    key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments:

• IMHO you can't trust the security of any used computer unless & until YOU have formatted the HDD & then done a clean install of Windows (or paid someone - not the supposed "refurbisher" - to do it for you).
    • Mom's prolly better off sticking with Win10. Learning new stuff is good for her! <wink>

We purchased the computer from a Comprenew store on January 18, but the date on the OS install was January 10. We just activated the software on the 18th. Comprenew recycles old electronics etc. and is a certified Microsoft refurbisher. I am not positive
    which build is installed, but I can find it when I get over there. It looks like we have lots of help here to figure things out... all is tremendously appreciated. And... yes....it is good for her to learn new stuff, so we are trying to encourage her to
    learn the "new" Windows OS. We'll see what happens. Thanks again! Need help with motherboard drivers :) Oh yeah, I do need to double check if it says go back to Windows7 or previous build...thanks for that. I've been looking at too many computers lately... can't remember which one says
    what. :[

Need some help with..., Feb 8, 2016
  3. Need Help With Airplane Mode Switch Drivers

Hi

I keep getting a message that a driver update is ready to be installed. But every time I try to click and update it , I get an error occurred. I check and its 2 Airplane Mode Switch Drivers. I don't need this. It gets annoying when it pops up 10 times a
    day. How do I fix it or get rid of it??

I upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 last year.

Thanks Sherry

sherrywilkins, Feb 8, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

You may not need any of them very much. I doubt that any of them are needed to get Windows up, running, and on the Internet. If I was fearful, I'd have the Intel LAN drivers handy. In the (very unlikely) event that Win 10 didn't install those, the machine couldn't get on the net.

I'd suggest the latest versions of the Intel chipset software and the MEI (Management Engine Interface). Maybe the Intel graphics drivers (mainly if you plan to use the onboard graphics) and the Realtek audio drivers (if you plan to use the onboard sound), although you may automatically get them through Windows Update. The Intel Rapid Storage drivers may be nice, although you may need to set your SATA controller to RAID in the BIOS in order to install them. (You won't need to actually be using RAID.)

I have always avoided using the Asus motherboard utilities. If you wish to use them, you can install them at any time.

I was a little surprised to see that there are no drivers for the USB 3.1 controller. The only thing there is a firmware update, which may be needed if your board has not had it applied already. Ditto for the motherboard BIOS. (WARNING: a failed motherboard BIOS update can make the board unbootable. Asus has some means to recover from that, but I don't know how likely those are to succeed. A BIOS update is recommended only if it contains fixes or updates that you need, like to update RAM support or for a new CPU.)

I strongly recommend that you set Windows 10 to not update drivers through Windows Update. You can't block all updates, but you are allowed to prevent driver updates. Automatic driver updates appears to be something that sounds like a good idea but that may not always work in practice.

bobkn, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Need help with motherboard drivers - Similar Threads - Need help motherboard

2. Need help with drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with drivers.: Recently i bought a new pc i built myself including a MSI Pro B550-VC Mb, a RTX 3060, and a ryzen 9 5900x but i've had issues with ethernet being unidentified and not working when it does on an older machine and i have an unknown device i do not recognize i've installed my...
  3. Need help with drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with drivers.: Recently i bought a new pc i built myself including a MSI Pro B550-VC Mb, a RTX 3060, and a ryzen 9 5900x but i've had issues with ethernet being unidentified and not working when it does on an older machine and i have an unknown device i do not recognize i've installed my...
  4. Motherboard driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard driver: Hello, please helpI have 2 PCI Device and 1 Unknown device missing driver,These are the Hardware ID that I retrieved from Device MangerFirst: PCI Device Driver MissingPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43E9&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_11 PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43E9&SUBSYS_86941043...
  5. Need help with drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with drivers: Came here from r/AMDhelp so I'm using their troubleshooting format GPU: I believe this is the graphics card which is a Radeon RX 570 series. CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5675 @ 3.07GHz, 3060 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 logical processors Motherboard: dunno how to find this, I'm in...
  6. Help! This motherboard has no drivers for Windows 10?

Help! This motherboard has no drivers for Windows 10?: Hey guys, I got a PC as a present with an ASUS Crosshair IV Formula mainboard. I have installed Windows 10 and now I notice that on the website of the mainboard only drivers for Windows 7 are offered. Can I install them anyway and will they work at least halfway? Or do I...
  7. Help with drivers needed.

Help with drivers needed.: I was messing around with some voice changing programs, but I deleted them after a couple of minutes. However, I found that after this any external mic that I plugged into my computer only managed to get an extremely weak signal, when the Mic worked perfectly in other...
  8. Motherboard Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Motherboard Drivers: With all the free time we have I plan to reinstall windows on an SSD. I custom built my pc a few years ago and I plan to load the drivers from a usb from the manufacturer site instead of the old cd. However, I’m unsure which ones I need. I know I need the chipset, the LAN,...
  9. Changed motherboard, need help reactivating windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changed motherboard, need help reactivating windows: Dear community, I recently changed my full setup, not including hard drives. I have a spare backup if i need to go back. But I can't get to activate my Windows digital license on the new fresh installation. When I installed, I do remeber activating with my account login....
  10. Are motherboard chipset drivers still needed?

Are motherboard chipset drivers still needed?: I'm doing a clean install (actually a clean re-install) of Win10-Pro on an Asus P9X79-DLX / i7-3930K computer. If the Device Manager shows all the devices working properly is there any need or benefit in installing any motherboard chipset drivers that might be on the Asus...