Windows 10: Need help with my HideDropbox.bat file

Discus and support Need help with my HideDropbox.bat file in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm getting rather annoyed by the UAC thing popping up on startup every time my HideDropbox.bat file runs and was hoping someone could help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoshuaVL1988, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Need help with my HideDropbox.bat file

Hello,

I'm getting rather annoyed by the UAC thing popping up on startup every time my HideDropbox.bat file runs and was hoping someone could help me remake it into one that automatically authorises UAC to it. I remember it being possible because someone once did it a while back on another site, but it's been so long I don't remember what website it was or what the specifics were of the new .bat file needed for it.

Here is a file containing both my current HideDropbox.bat file and my current HideDropbox.reg file that it uses. Mind the file is in .rar format because well WinRAR, lol...

HideDropbox.rar

:)

JoshuaVL1988, Jul 4, 2017

2. Rolling back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, then back to 10 when support for 7 ends.

1. Go back to Windows 7 or go back to the previous build?

2. Did you purchase the refurbished computer on 10 January, first use it on 10 January, or did the refurbisher (I assume) "install" Win10 on 10 January?

3a. Where did you purchased the refurbished computer?

3b. Do you know who refurbished it?

4. What Windows 10 Version & OS Build is currently installed?

Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
    key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments:

• IMHO you can't trust the security of any used computer unless & until YOU have formatted the HDD & then done a clean install of Windows (or paid someone - not the supposed "refurbisher" - to do it for you).
    • Mom's prolly better off sticking with Win10. Learning new stuff is good for her! <wink>

We purchased the computer from a Comprenew store on January 18, but the date on the OS install was January 10. We just activated the software on the 18th. Comprenew recycles old electronics etc. and is a certified Microsoft refurbisher. I am not positive
    which build is installed, but I can find it when I get over there. It looks like we have lots of help here to figure things out... all is tremendously appreciated. And... yes....it is good for her to learn new stuff, so we are trying to encourage her to
    learn the "new" Windows OS. We'll see what happens. Thanks again! Need help with my HideDropbox.bat file :) Oh yeah, I do need to double check if it says go back to Windows7 or previous build...thanks for that. I've been looking at too many computers lately... can't remember which one says
    what. :[

Need some help with..., Jul 4, 2017
  3. Information from calender missing after updating to version 1709

Hi, and thanks. There were only about 10 or so events with a couple paragraphs of notes on each event. The syncing process was taking hours. Something isn't right. I'm pretty sure it's not a bandwidth issue. The same message keeps coming up stating "We're
    not able to show you some events in this time frame. But They're still there-via your account provider." What exactly does that mean. It sounds like it should be a simple fix. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? I really need this info.

One other thing, as you can see, there does not appear to be another restore point prior to the 1709 update. All attempts failed.

Need some help with..., Jul 4, 2017
  4. Thank you very much! That worked great! I just have one more issue now. It seems the cmd window it runs at startup doesn't automatically close itself out upon applying the .bat file. Is there a workaround for that? Perhaps a way to make it close itself out or, if not, possibly a way to make it run in the background so I won't have to manually close out the cmd window?

JoshuaVL1988, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Need help with my HideDropbox.bat file

1. Need help with my HideDropbox.bat file - Similar Threads - Need help HideDropbox

2. Need help trying to undo a .bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help trying to undo a .bat file: Please help, I accidently installed the "Z590 Mystic Light" fix in the support section of ibuypower.com. The problem is I actually have a mag z390 tomahawk. When I enter windows+r and enter msinfo the baseboard product shows Z590 PRO wifi and now my mystic light software...
  3. Need help trying to undo a .bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help trying to undo a .bat file: Please help, I accidently installed the "Z590 Mystic Light" fix in the support section of ibuypower.com. The problem is I actually have a mag z390 tomahawk. When I enter windows+r and enter msinfo the baseboard product shows Z590 PRO wifi and now my mystic light software...
  4. Need help trying to undo a .bat file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Need help with XCOPY in Win 10 .bat file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help with XCOPY in Win 10 .bat file: Trying to automate one minor function in one of my .bat files and can't work out the "how".Trying to copy one file from a directory on my HDD to another directory on the same drive. But here's where it gets tricky:The "source" directory contains 15 to 20 files with the same...
  6. Need help with XCOPY in Win 10 .bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with XCOPY in Win 10 .bat file: Trying to automate one minor function in one of my .bat files and can't work out the "how".Trying to copy one file from a directory on my HDD to another directory on the same drive. But here's where it gets tricky:The "source" directory contains 15 to 20 files with the same...
  7. Need help with XCOPY in Win 10 .bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Need some Help with CMD and .bat files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some Help with CMD and .bat files: I have .bat file thats in a folder in my desktop (location). When i open the bat file i need it to run in the folder that's it's located (in the folder thats on my desktop) However, when i run the bat file it runs at the default location. So isn't there anyway I can change...
  9. need help creating a file/folder listing *.bat file

in Windows 10 Support
    need help creating a file/folder listing *.bat file: pretty much as the subject states, l had one in the past but l cant remember where l put it and forget how it was written. basically l just want a script that lists files and folders in a specific directory without listing the sub folders within that dir (just a bog standard...
  10. Help with a .bat file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with a .bat file.: I have this .bat file that I've been messing around with: [img] I got it to open the Windows Update interface: [img] However, I need the .bat file to go a step further and auto click the Check for updates button circled in orange. Can someone help me to finish...