Windows 10: Need Help with Network Credentials

Discus and support Need Help with Network Credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A couple days ago one of my PCs blue-screened. Re-booting only gave me a screen that said I had a problem with my HDD. I had a 2TB external drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by boweasel, May 10, 2018.

1. boweasel Win User

Need Help with Network Credentials

A couple days ago one of my PCs blue-screened. Re-booting only gave me a screen that said I had a problem with my HDD.

I had a 2TB external drive attached via USB to the tower that blue screened. I attached that drive to another W10 tower and turned on network discovery.

When I later went downstairs to this W10 laptop (the one I'm using now, I saw this other unknown to me network name in File Explorer. I assumed this was my 2TB drive and clicked on it. I got a screen that said 'Enter your network credentials' and it wanted a User Name and Password.

I honestly and embarrassingly don't know what they want. Neither this laptop nor the one with the 2TB drive have passwords. I misguidedly thought that rebooting this laptop might correct the issue. Unfortunately, the reboot only served to remove that unknown network name from File Explorer on this laptop. So now it's not asking for any network credentials, because the network is gone.

Frankly after the BSOD debacle and the problems accessing my external drive through a network I'm a bit gun shy about trying anything else without some competent help.

:)

boweasel, May 10, 2018

2. need help with windows 10 network credential manager

I am having programs installing a program for my job. I work for a company called Cass Information Systems. They have a program that is called Cass Connect. It does not come with a disk or software to download. You have to go to the start screen and open
    up the run feature. I tried doing this and the Win 10 credential mgr screen pops up asking for my username and password. I tried using my username for MS outlook and windows 10 login but it rejected it. I also tried changing my account to administrator. It
    still will not let me login to install the Cass connect program for my work. Is there a easy way to disable the credential log in feature?

thanks

Sharon Lewis

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

SharonLewis2, May 11, 2018
  3. need help with windows 10 network credential manager

Couldn't you seek the assistance of your desktop support within your organization? The installation of the software might be done from a file server, but requires authentication before you can download and install it.

Andre Da Costa, May 11, 2018
Thema:

Need Help with Network Credentials

1. Need Help with Network Credentials - Similar Threads - Need Help Network

2. Need my network credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need my network credentials: Trying to add new laptop to existing network, but don't know my network credentials. Is there a way to retrieve them, or do I need to start all over. Please note that I am not a tech - at all......
  3. Network Credentials?

Network Credentials?: After the last update, I can no longer connect my computers. It asks for "network credentials". Where do these come from? Who set them. And why? I searched all over the internet, and there are any of "solutions," none of which seem to work, including removing all password...
  4. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: I just added a 3rd computer in my home. Everytime I try to connect the computers, it's asking for my user name & password in Network Credentials, I've never been asked that before & I have no idea what those are. Where can I find my Network Credentials? Thanx for your...
  5. network credentials

network credentials: What are network credentials? Every time I try to look thru the network to see my other computers files I get a box asking for user and password. I have no idea how to fill this in. Can you help me or send me someplace where I can find out about networking?...
  6. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: Network Credentials, I have 2 computers on my home network. Since MS deleted homegroup I cannot connect the computer the computers. They both show on each computer under network, but when I try to connect I am asked for network credentials. I enter the account and...
  7. Network credentials

Network credentials: How exactly do you create a network credential that works ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-credentials/4c78a2f6-83fa-445e-8410-cf36d7c70540"
  8. NETWORK CONNECTION NEEDS NETWORK CREDENTIAL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NETWORK CONNECTION NEEDS NETWORK CREDENTIAL: Hi, I actually having this problem: I am trying to connect to the other computer printer, but windows 10 has no homegroup. Another problem is that when i try to click computer1 in network it pop out a box "ENTER YOUR CREDENTIAL TO CONNECT TO...
  9. network credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    network credentials: how do I find my network credentials for getting to one computer to another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/network-credentials/5a264d6d-b154-4085-ab0b-81d2ed1ca00e
  10. Lost Need Network Credentials

Lost Need Network Credentials: Hi Guys Sorry to ask I am new and Win 10 is causing me a lot of grief I am trying to connect to another Win 10 PC on my network. I have: NAS UD3-PC Dan-PC UD5-PC – I am not this Raspberry Pi3 In Windows Explorer I see only: NAS UD3-PC I want to connect...