Windows 10: Need help with People App virus/scam

Discus and support Need help with People App virus/scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Okay, this one is really killing me because I can't find anything online and Microsoft support itself didn't know how to fix it. Someone invited me to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by itsonlyrad, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Need help with People App virus/scam

Okay, this one is really killing me because I can't find anything online and Microsoft support itself didn't know how to fix it. Someone invited me to add them to my contacts the day I got my computer. It was beyond stupid of me to add them but I thought they were someone I knew- they're not, and they CONSTANTLY message me asking me if I want to live cam with them, guessing it's a virus disguised as some hot chick offering to chat naked or something. Anyway, when I go to delete them in the "People" app, the option is greyed out- I can't click on it. Maybe there's some obvious way to fix this that I'm missing, I'm new to Windows 10 and it's driving me insane. Thanks in advance if you can help!

TLDR- How do I delete a contact in the People app when the "Delete" option is greyed out?

Need help with People App virus/scam [​IMG]

:)

itsonlyrad, Mar 17, 2016
  2. Jsssssssss, Mar 17, 2016
  3. Virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated

I GOT SCAMMED AN I NEED HELP TO GET RID OF THE VIRUS help please.

DodgeLingenfelter, Mar 17, 2016
  4. derekimo Win User

Need help with People App virus/scam

Welcome to the forum,

Have you tried removing them in the online version in your browser?

Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email

Those are scammers just trying to get you to join a site or some other B.S. I like to play with them sometimes and get them all riled up.

derekimo, Mar 17, 2016
  5. So I tried that- deleted and even blocked them. Two seconds later they messaged me again! They're all of the sudden not blocked anymore.

itsonlyrad, Mar 17, 2016
  6. derekimo Win User
    OK, I think you may have to delete them from the skype contacts, not the people section.

Sorry about that, you should be able to do that on the right side of your browser in outlook.

Need help with People App virus/scam [​IMG]

derekimo, Mar 17, 2016
  7. Okay so that sort of worked.. They're blocked on my online browser, but still listed as a contact in my People app that I can't delete. Not sure how that happened, but as long as they can't message me, I'm okay with it. I'll give it a few days and if there's no issues I'll mark this as solved. Thanks so much!

itsonlyrad, Mar 17, 2016
  8. derekimo Win User

You're welcome.

You chose to block instead of delete is probably why they are still there in the people app.

I'm sure if you delete them you would have to accept them as a contact again for them to message you.

What ever works for you though, as long as you have them blocked.

derekimo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help with People App virus/scam - Similar Threads - Need help App

2. Why is microsoft scamming people?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is microsoft scamming people?: Microsoft was anounced starfield will come at day one to xbox game pass for pc and after they tripled the subscription price. So many people bought the xbox game pass for pc just for this game as I did. But after that they anounced that game will be 5 day early accessible for...
  3. virus scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus scam: I has a pop up today that said I had a virus, from windows. I pd $450 to NH web services llc to have it fixed. Is this a scam? If so what do I do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scam/d0f6748f-7282-4bec-ba0d-ce8cc651b92b
  4. scam or virus

scam or virus: received a message from a security window-microsoft edge asking for user name and password. How do i get rid of the pop up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-or-virus/5f58ad94-55f6-4cb5-919c-d9183bf00d37
  5. Virus scam.

Virus scam.: A virus alert came up telling me to call the number 877 427-9910. This seems to be some place near Anaheim. It isn't Microsoft, but the guy even gave me a Microsoft Identifying name of Jason MC029C. It was impossible to close Microsoft Edge while I was online. The guy...
  6. Virus, Scam???

Virus, Scam???: I have had this page pop up twice on my laptop in the past week, what is it?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scam/9f115ddb-61f8-4b3b-9f9d-8450aefd79fa"
  7. Virus or scam

Virus or scam: Receiving message claiming virus from " Microsoft " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-or-scam/a846a687-00c4-4b84-a9ac-69c6dde12fcc
  8. virus scam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    virus scam: I got this pop up on the internet stating that there is a problem and to phone this number I know it is a scam how do I get ris of it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scam/0cf9b231-23db-400f-9781-decf34413c19
  9. Virus Scam

Virus Scam: Clicked on what I thought was a video regarding landscaping. Got a message that Microsoft was locking my PC because a trojan horse virus had been found. Called 1-833-802-8800, the number indicated on the page. Contacted someone with foreign accent named Kevin. Loud noise in...
  10. Virus Scam

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus Scam: I received a pop up on my computer stating that it was Windows Tech support and that my computer was going to be disabled due to a virus. I had just done a virus scan and none were detected so, I figured I would go through the "hoops" to hopefully nab the scammers. When I...