Windows 10: Need Help with Runtime Broker...

Discus and support Need Help with Runtime Broker... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi... Well Microsoft got the name right... Runtime Broker... It's braking the bank on my cpu and ram... LOL... Windows 10 Pro (64Bit) PC specs ...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raner, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Raner Win User

Need Help with Runtime Broker...

Hi...
    Well Microsoft got the name right... Runtime Broker... It's braking the bank on my cpu and ram... LOL...
    Windows 10 Pro (64Bit)
    PC specs ... AMD-6 core CPU... T190, 16 GB's of ram, Duel channel, Unrestricted...
    As Im posting this Runtime Broker is sucking up 51% of my CPU and over 4 Gb's of ram..
    I'm at the end of my rope with this program... I went to registry and disabled it by changing
    the start valve from 3 to 4... Well the damn thing is still sucking up all my CPU and Ram...
    So here is the big question if it's disabled why is it still running...
    Am I missing something on how to disable it...
    I need this program to go away even if I have to remove it completely... I don't need it and I don't use
    Microsoft store...
    I have two questions... Can I do something else in the registry to disable Runtime Broker completely...
    If I can't do anything more...
    Can some tell how to remove it completely from my computer...
    Side Note: My computer was fine... The issue started right after the windows anniversary update...
    Which was installed two days ago...
    Thanks in advance for any help my issue...*Mad*Mad*Mad

:)

Raner, Sep 24, 2016

2. Runtime Broker once again taking up over 1GB of memory?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

We understand that, Runtime Broker is using too much memory on your system and we are glad to assist you to fix the issue.

Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It should only use a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up to a gigabyte of
    RAM or more.

For more information, refer to the link below and check, if it helps.

Runtime Broker is using too much memory:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/runtime-broker-is-using-too-much-memory

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 24, 2016
  3. I upgraded and it keeps using more and more memory, my disk usage is 100% live tiles do not workRuntime Broker.

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It should only use a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up to a gigabyte of
    RAM or more.

If your RAM use is high and your PC is running slowly, an app may be the cause of the problem. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager and then, on the
    Processes tab, check to see how much memory Runtime Broker is using. If it’s using more than 15% of your memory, you probably have an issue with an app on your PC. To stop Runtime Broker from using so much memory, select
    Runtime Broker in the list, select End task to close Runtime Broker, and then restart your computer.

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Sep 24, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User

You can disable it by going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBroker and in the right pane change the Start value Dword to 4. To turn it back on change it back to 3

shimshom, Sep 24, 2016
  5. Raner Win User
    Shimshom...Thanks.. But you missed it when you read my post...
    This is a paste from the original post...
    I went to registry and disabled it by changing the start valve from 3 to 4...

Raner, Sep 24, 2016
  6. You can not remove it, it is used by Start, Settings and such. That is the reason, why it can not be disabled.

You can try workarounds, like to disable "Show me tips about Windows".

How to fix the runtime broker high CPU usage error in Windows 10

TairikuOkami, Sep 24, 2016
  7. Raner Win User
    Update... I got RunTime Broker back on line... I think I got it fixed... I'll have to monitor it for a while but for the past two hours cpu 0% memory 7.7 Mb's...I checked a lot of trends and posts tried all the stop this and turn off that... I even fixed some errors that showed up in the event manager... I got one more to fix... It's a permission error on a registry key... No biggie...
    What was causing the problem for me was the Java Check for updates... I posted this because it could save someone a
    bunch of time... The funny thing is it took less then 30 seconds to fix...
    Here is a link to show you how to turn of java updates...
    How to Turn Off Java Auto-Update | Chron.com

Raner, Sep 25, 2016
  8. Need Help with Runtime Broker...

Thanks for posting the solution. I guess, MS ignores it, because java is basically discontinued and not used anymore.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need Help with Runtime Broker... - Similar Threads - Need Help Runtime

2. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Runtime Broker: how can i stop the Runtime Broker from being on Task Bar.i have around 4 to 5 Runtime Broker.i end the process , again it comes back.Please any idea. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/8fe62d65-3022-44d9-b8f7-ee30e686ca3e
  3. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    runtime broker: Hello there , I disabled the runtime broker from the registry but still there are 3 processes running, rebooted also. note: I'm not use any windows apps and already disabled notifications and the "get tips from windows..." [ATTACH]...
  4. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Runtime Broker: Hey everyone, I don’t really need help just was curious. I saw 3-4 runtime broker processes running in my task manager and wanted to know if that’s typical. They use a very small amount of ram and I’ve done some googling and know what the process does but can’t find anything...
  5. Runtime Broker

in Cortana
    Runtime Broker: Hey! I've been having trouble running games recently. In this case, I've been trying to run Apex Legends and it runs fine until it freezes and I'm forced to hard reboot my pc. I've checked Reliability History and this it what it shows: Source Runtime Broker Summary...
  6. Runtime broker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Runtime broker: [IMG]Hi, I've got two questions regarding the runtime broker. 1. When I was starting my laptop, a notification about runtime broker appeared. It said that the group or resource is not in the correct stare to perform an operstion. What could that mean? This is first time I...
  7. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Customization
    runtime broker: Windows defender keeps blocking something in drive c:...\runtimer broker.exe\trying to change something in %userprofile%\pictures I'm getting 40 plus notifications a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/53b556fe-9bf6-48aa-a73c-de5932fe380f
  8. Runtime broker !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Runtime broker !: For quite a few weeks now I seem to be getting this message fairly frequently when I click on "Setting's" in Windows 10. As anyone got any ideas what is causing it ? RuntimeBroker The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation ! Read...
  9. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Runtime Broker: Hi there. My CPU temp kept being elevated. After doing a lot of troubleshooting and also reseating and applying fresh thermal paste, I finally realized that the CPU load was causing a serious problem, and it all pointed to Runtime Broker. When I delete the task, my CPU temp...
  10. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Support
    runtime broker: This keeps using more and more memory, my disk usage is 100%, can someone tell em what this is, how to fix it, please!!!! microsoft forums are useless 9301

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete runtime broker win 10 1809 error

2. how many copies of runtime broker should be running in win 10 pro 64bit