Windows 10: Need help with setting up network and security

Discus and support Need help with setting up network and security in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I tried putting ActiveSky on a USB drive (not sure if that is what you meant?). If I plug the USB drive into Laptop, it still does not connect up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thammondwis, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Need help with setting up network and security

So I tried putting ActiveSky on a USB drive (not sure if that is what you meant?). If I plug the USB drive into Laptop, it still does not connect up to Microsoft Flight Simulator on my Desktop. If I plug USB drive into the Desktop, it connects up with Microsoft Flight Simulator. That's all fine and good, but not sure how that helps as now ActiveSky is still having to share the desktop's CPU time, memory, etc with Microsoft Flight Simulator. How is that different than just running ActiveSky from my desktop's hard drive (goal is to improve frame rates on flight simulator by using another computers CPU, memory, etc to run ActiveSky so all desktop's CPU, memory, etc is available for flight simulator)?

what am I missing?

thammondwis, Sep 19, 2017

2. Thanks Bro67 for trying to help even though it didn't work out.

lol, I guess you and I communicated about as well as my two computers communicate.

i guess my quest to get my computers networked correctly under win10 will continue on.

thammondwis, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Need help with setting up network and security

1. Need help with setting up network and security - Similar Threads - Need help setting

2. Need help setting up bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help setting up bluetooth: I recently installed a wifi card that comes with Bluetooth. I’ve double check, made sure everything was plugged in nothing. I’ve also installed the drivers for the card and still nothing. So is there anything I can do to get Bluetooth to show up? submitted by /u/FuryYT...
  3. Need help setting up bluetooth

Need help setting up bluetooth: I recently installed a wifi card that comes with Bluetooth. I’ve double check, made sure everything was plugged in nothing. I’ve also installed the drivers for the card and still nothing. So is there anything I can do to get Bluetooth to show up? submitted by /u/FuryYT...
  4. Need help setting up bluetooth

5. Need help setting up bluetooth

6. dual monitor set up need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor set up need help: How to drag and drop between laptop and another monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-set-up-need-help/310b8514-da68-4821-81a5-249d27843d62
  7. Network settings won't show up. Help?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network settings won't show up. Help?: I'm using Windows 10, and my network icon has mysteriously disappeared, and I can't view my network settings or see what network I'm connected to. It started happening about 3 days ago.help? I've attached some screenshots.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Need Help with setting up Windbg

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help with setting up Windbg: I seem to be suffering from a severe lack of knowledge and experience in this area. I am trying to read dump file created by Windows 10 but keep seeing errors about ntoskrnl.exe and symbol errors. I have gone through the tutorial by Golden. I notice the Executable search...
  9. LF help to set up a good network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LF help to set up a good network.: Hello, From our ISP we have this pretty crappy modem/router combo that, all too often, "breaks" in some way (wifi goes down, internet just dies for 2 seconds, and so on). It often cannot handle the heavier traffic we're doing, and even some standard traffic it should be...
  10. Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan": I checked the bios, and the "Wake On Lan" feature is enabled, but when I go to Device Manager and open Network Adapter's properties, the "allow this device to wake the computer" is grayed out. Also I'm sure that I'm the one who disabled that feature in a previous build,...