Windows 10: Need help with sfc scannow. keeps coming back with corrupted files

Discus and support Need help with sfc scannow. keeps coming back with corrupted files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Im at my wits end with what to do about this. I have a brand new pc that is turning up with corrupted files when i run the scannow.. ive dism... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by darx888, May 26, 2017.

1. darx888 Win User

Need help with sfc scannow. keeps coming back with corrupted files

Im at my wits end with what to do about this.

I have a brand new pc that is turning up with corrupted files when i run the scannow.. ive dism restored it multiple times and re-scanned and it keeps coming back with errors.

pc specs:

AMD A6-7310 APU 2.00 GHZ, 64 bit processor
    AMD Radeon R4 graphics
    4 GB RAM
    500 GB HDD
    Windows 10 home, 64 bit OS

i performed the dism repairs multiple ways. first i did the standard dism online restore.. it says that its completed successfully. then i reboot and run scannow and it comes back corrupted.

then i downloaded a copy of windows 10, mounted it to my desktop, entered the commands to repair. it said it was successful. then i rebooted and scannow and its still corrupted.

this is the website i followed to fix the corruption:

https://www.easytechguides.com/sfc-unable-to-fix-corrup...

im going to post links to the dism and cbs logs, as well as my dxdiag and msinfo

dxdiag:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=7845547486...

msinfo:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=0243830597...

cbs log:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=9628735986...

dism log:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=2785341797...

i dont know what else to do. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

:)

darx888, May 26, 2017

2. Need help with sfc /scannow results

You need to run DISM restorehealth as described in this wiki to fix the errors

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM (if necessary) if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...

Should you have any questions please ask us.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 26, 2017
  3. Need help with sfc /scannow results

Hello,

I've had an issue with Windows 10, i'm running it in x64 in a Lenovo Ideapad V460. The problem started when i tried to power on my laptop after an unexpected power off. I was prompted with a grey screen with a circle made of white dots which was more than
    an hour "loading". After that i tried and do a windows safe mode boot to repair windows startup, which failed.

Next, I preformed a system restore to another point, which failed (error 0x8000fff). Nevertheless, after yet another reboot, my pc booted normaly.

After the normal boot I instantly went to perform a sfc /scannow to see if the error could be fixed. When it finished it said it found corrupted files which couldn't be fixed and it made a CBS.log.

This is why i'm here now. I want to know how to fix these files by looking at the log with the help of someone that understands this log, I can't know for sure if i'll be able to to turn off my laptop again, so that's why i want to fix this files.

I'll upload the log to see if anyone can help.

CBS.log

Thanks in advance

P.S. As i write this, a cmd prompt is running 'dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth'

Matias Aguilera, May 26, 2017
  4. Need help with sfc scannow. keeps coming back with corrupted files

Hi darx888. Welcome to the Tenforums @darx888

I boiled down your CBS log. It appears to be having problems with some wav files. It also says your store is also corrupted.

sfcdetails.txt

You said this machine is brand new. What version of Windows 10 (V1607 or V1703) are you running?

Here is our tutorial on DISM. Note the info in the tip.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

If you are on 1703 it may be easier to do an inplace repair / upgrade following this tutorial.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Before doing these type of things I recommend you have a system image created with a tool like Macrium Reflect. Always want a fall back.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 27, 2017
  5. darx888 Win User
    hi thank you for your response Ken. the version im running is 1607.

ive already done the check health, scan health, restore health steps (each of them multiple times).. they all come back successfully with no problems.. but then i go and do the scannow and the corrupted files are not fixed.

darx888, May 27, 2017
  6. darx888 Win User
    Hi thanks for your response Ken. im running version 1607

ive already tried multiple times to do the check, cleanup and repair DISMs. they all come back as clean and successful but then i do a scannow after and the corrupted files are still not fixed

darx888, May 27, 2017
  7. darx888 Win User
    sorry i double posted there. my first response wasnt showing up when i refreshed.

darx888, May 27, 2017
  8. Need help with sfc scannow. keeps coming back with corrupted files

PaulSoebekti, May 28, 2017
  9. Hi darx888. Sorry was offline for a while.

Not sure how you made out with Paul's suggestion.

If this is still an issue, and as this is a new machine with new technology, I would feel comfortable recommending the in place repair / upgrade.

I would have the Macrium Reflect image in my back pocket, with its boot disk, just in case.

Caledon Ken, May 28, 2017
  10. darx888 Win User
    hi calderon ken, thanks for your response.

if by in place /repair you mean just a reset or re-installation, i have already reinstalled windows 10 twice on this pc and i immediately did a scannow now both times right after; it still found corrupt files.

i did use paul's suggestion. it was the same results as doing it from the command line for a scan, repair, and restore DISMs.
    everything comes back clean. but then after, i run scannow and its still saying theres corrupted files

darx888, May 29, 2017
  11. Hi darx888.

Did you run the command line sfc and/or image-health - as administrator?
    Just making sure ...

Paul

PaulSoebekti, May 29, 2017
  12. clam1952 Win User
    Corrupt files could be due to a bad disk, suggest running a disk check on it. Also check event viewer for any warnings or errors relating to hardware.

New doesn't always mean it's not faulty.

clam1952, May 29, 2017
  13. darx888 Win User

Paul thank you.. yes i did every time

darx888, May 29, 2017
  14. The in place repair / upgrade re-installs Windows from Media keeping all your files an programs. Since you are on 1607 it will upgrade you to 1703 as that is what the Media Creation tool is currently downloading. You would be getting a fresh copy of Windows from MS.

Please see the link in my original post.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help with sfc scannow. keeps coming back with corrupted files - Similar Threads - Need help sfc

2. Files come back as corrupt and sfc says there are more corrupted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files come back as corrupt and sfc says there are more corrupted files: There seem to be many different errors though I have some issues reading exactly what needs to be done to remove these errors from the sfc scan. If anyone could help that would be much appreciated and thank you in advance. This is the last bits of the lines from my...
  3. Files come back as corrupt and sfc says there are more corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files come back as corrupt and sfc says there are more corrupted files: There seem to be many different errors though I have some issues reading exactly what needs to be done to remove these errors from the sfc scan. If anyone could help that would be much appreciated and thank you in advance. This is the last bits of the lines from my...
  4. Please help! sfc/ scannow found corrupt files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help! sfc/ scannow found corrupt files.: I found errors in my system when I ran `sfc /scannow` . Is their a problem in my computer? My computer is brand new with a fresh install of windows 10 with no added things. So how did I get errors in my system? Please help me....
  5. Please help! sfc/ scannow found corrupt files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help! sfc/ scannow found corrupt files.: I found errors in my system when I ran `sfc /scannow` . Is their a problem in my computer? My computer is brand new with a fresh install of windows 10 with no added things. So how did I get errors in my system? Please help me....
  6. Please help! sfc/ scannow found corrupt files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Good evening, How to fix corrupt files that could not be repaired with sfc tool? I executed DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and gave me this error: "Error 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...
  8. "corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction"

"corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction": Hi, So on May 16,2018, my ASUS-ROG GL553VD 15" laptop with the "OS" on an additional SSD-(C*Smile and personal files on the original mechanical HDD-(D*Smile was "Auto Upgraded" to the latest version of Windows 10. I received Version 1803 Build 17134.48 64-bit Home which...
  9. SFC /scannow with corrupted files

SFC /scannow with corrupted files: Hi Roomies, After a clean install and running Win 10-pro-64-10586.36 I'm getting this error. [img] Any quick help will be appreciated. I don't know what other test or fixer to run. Thank you. 36866
  10. Need Help With Corrupt File (sfc /scannow)

Need Help With Corrupt File (sfc /scannow): Hello All, My system was acting a little funny so I ran an sfc /scannow of the system from my command prompt. It came back with the message Windows resource protection found corrupt files and was unable to fix them. The details are in the CBS log.Note that logging is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc scan keeps coming back w errors

2. ssd corrupted files coming back