Windows 10: Need help with Shortcuts and Desktop

Discus and support Need help with Shortcuts and Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All my Shortcuts have now appeared in a Desktop file. I want them back on my Desktop Screen. Any help is appreciated. Thanks 71579 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Heather Dianne, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Need help with Shortcuts and Desktop

All my Shortcuts have now appeared in a Desktop file. I want them back on my Desktop Screen.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks

:)

Heather Dianne, Dec 4, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

shortcut has been changed or moved

No problem.

Locate the executable file (usually ends in .exe) that starts your payroll program. You'll probably find it inside the C:\Program Files (x86) folder. If you need help finding the file, the payroll program's technical support will help you.

Then, create a shortcut to the program on your desktop:

How to create desktop shortcut in Windows 10/8/7

BulldogXX, Dec 4, 2016
  3. upload

Please someone---need help on how to upload shortcut from desktop to employer. Need to do as soon as possible to retain position.

kaylejeune, Dec 4, 2016
  4. Need help with Shortcuts and Desktop

Have you tried.... Right click on your desktop, mouse over view, make sure there is a check mark beside Show Desktop Icons

Any chance you may have clicked on Taskview icon in Task bar. If so click again and this could also return them.

Caledon Ken, Dec 4, 2016
Thema:

Need help with Shortcuts and Desktop

1. Need help with Shortcuts and Desktop - Similar Threads - Need help Shortcuts

2. need help on desktop wallpaper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help on desktop wallpaper: When i click a random photo in my laptop , instead of popping up photo app or any other app for viewing that picture, the photo itself become my desktop wallpaper.For couple of months i have been facing such issues....
  3. need help sending a shortcut to a particular website to my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help sending a shortcut to a particular website to my desktop: How do I send a shortcut to a website not an app, but an actual website to my desktop on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-sending-a-shortcut-to-a-particular/23683106-947a-4b38-b8f2-08a89d369980
  4. need help sending a shortcut to a particular website to my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help sending a shortcut to a particular website to my desktop: How do I send a shortcut to a website not an app, but an actual website to my desktop on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-sending-a-shortcut-to-a-particular/23683106-947a-4b38-b8f2-08a89d369980
  5. desktop applications. Need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop applications. Need help: Hey!couple months ago I bought a monitor for my Lenovo laptop. I don't know what happened to it but the desktop icons have been changed, stretched out and won't come back. I've been trying to fix it word so many months but no luck. As you can see on the top of the screen...
  6. desktop applications. Need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop applications. Need help: Hey!couple months ago I bought a monitor for my Lenovo laptop. I don't know what happened to it but the desktop icons have been changed, stretched out and won't come back. I've been trying to fix it word so many months but no luck. As you can see on the top of the screen...
  7. Need help with missing program shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with missing program shortcuts.: I logged on to my computer today only to notice that I have two desktop shortcuts missing. I only remember what one of them was and I still have the program downloaded on the pc. Is there a way for me to go "back in time" and check what other shortcut is missing? submitted...
  8. Need some help with a custom shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need some help with a custom shortcut: Im trying to make a shortcut to open Saitek's Control panel. This panel looks similar to the windows control panel for controllers, C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL joy.cpl Saitek's version uses its own control panel interface with more options...
  9. Need Help With Creating Icons for Desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help With Creating Icons for Desktop Shortcuts: In trying to create desktop shortcuts to websites that have recognizable icons, instead of Microsoft's generic, look-alike ones, I tried to follow this excellent, step-by-step YouTube video which was generously submitted by Edwin, however I got stuck at one point, and don't...
  10. Need desktop shortcut to "Devices" in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Need desktop shortcut to "Devices" in Win10: Does anyone know of a way to put a desktop icon shortcut to "Settings > Devices" in Win10 Home? I've Googled quite a bit and have not found a way to do it. 68707