Windows 10: Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.

Discus and support Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey, I'm having a bit of an Issue, out of the blue, I'm unable to SLI my 780Ti's (Driver 355.82). The cards themselves are detected in Device Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Calcifer, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Calcifer Win User

Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.

Hey, I'm having a bit of an Issue, out of the blue, I'm unable to SLI my 780Ti's (Driver 355.82). The cards themselves are detected in Device Manager at the same time, but one always has this error doesn't matter which one it is) when they are both plugged in (SLI bridged or not). The cards will still function at peak performance when they are separate but when both are plugged in, only one will function properly (fans and power still work as intended). I've tried every single PCIE slot(s) on their own, and the cards work fine. I have used Display Driver Uninstaller multiple times, even tried reverting drivers, I still get that error. I have clean installed windows 10, also tried clean install windows 8, still no luck. I'm not sure which part is the culprit, PCIE's work fine, video cards work fine, only when put together the problem arises.

This is my Motherboard

This is my Video-card(s)

This is my Power Supply

note: The last program I used before this all started was NVIDIA Inspector, specifically the "Multi Display Power Saver" feature, which under clocks your video cards to save on power and reduce temperature when on a Multi-Display Setup.

I am currently using windows 10 with only one of the video cards plugged in, don't see much point in having both plugged in until I have this resolved.

:)

Calcifer, Sep 6, 2015

2. Why does NVidia SLI still cause the system to crash when enabled?

Hello All,

If you currently using ASUS graphic cards, they have not issued windows 10 drivers for all their cards.

hunter1will, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Black Screen After Shutdown & Black Screen on Boot

Hi,

As mentioned on your computer's setup, you're running an SLI setup. May I know the graphics card you're using?

Two things I have in mind:

• Update your graphics card's driver from the manufacturer's website.
    • Try using single graphics card only and check if the issue persists. If it's working on a single graphics card, please re-setup your SLI build.

Winter Firefly, Sep 6, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Hi,

Are you saying that the problem still existed when you reinstalled Win8, updated the necessary drivers, installed both cards plus the bridge and activated sli in the Nvidia Control Panel? Basically, that sli has been tested NOT to work anymore in Win8?

Edit: And welcome to the forum! *Smile

WhyMe, Sep 6, 2015
  5. Calcifer Win User
    The 3D option in NVIDIA control panel wasn't even present, it only had the surround option available (the screenshot is from my current windows 10 with only one videocard, just using it as a reference).

Calcifer, Sep 6, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    So the problem is identical in both Win8 and Win10.

My suggestions (in no particular order:
    • Try a different bridge (a 3-way should also work for example if one came with your motherboard)
    • If possible, try both graphics cards, configured for sli, in another system. Hopefully you have a friend with a compatible system.
    • Test your PSU with a multi-meter.

Edit: And to confirm. You are saying sli configuration was previously functioning correctly within your Win10 installation before failing 'out of the blue'?

WhyMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue. - Similar Threads - Need help SLI

2. Graphic card Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic card Issue: Good day! I have a acer aspire z5710 with a integrated graphic card nvidia Geforce gt240 however the graphic card no longer detected after installing windows 10. I already downloaded the latest driver on nvidia website however when i try to install it it says no compatible...
  3. Graphic card Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic card Issue: Good day! I have a acer aspire z5710 with a integrated graphic card nvidia Geforce gt240 however the graphic card no longer detected after installing windows 10. I already downloaded the latest driver on nvidia website however when i try to install it it says no compatible...
  4. Graphic card need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphic card need help: My computer has a GeForce GTX 960 in but my pc only loads on when it is on Microsoft basic display adapter , and when I try download driver update my screen just goes black and help? I’ve been trying to fix it for so long, it’s annoying submitted by /u/OwenJxcob [link]...
  5. graphics card issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    graphics card issues: I have recently done a fresh install of windows 10 64bit, after allowing windows to do all necessary up dates I downloaded and installed all of my graphics card drivers from nvidia and loaded them in safe mode. restarted computer and now I have a black screen after windows...
  6. Need help reinstalling AMD graphic card.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help reinstalling AMD graphic card.: Hi guys, I use Windows 10. I accidentally uninstalled my AMD Radeon R5 M335 Graphic Card from my Dell Inspiron. I went to Device Manager -> Computer ->double click on the AMD Radeon card -> uninstalled. Is there any way I can reinstall? Did the graphic card just popped out...
  7. graphics card issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics card issue: i have this problem regarding my gpu i recently tried updating my gpu drivers through geforce experience and tried downloading geforce game ready drivers. but it refuses to install the error message says it is not conpatible to the windows version i currently have then i...
  8. Need Help Picking Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need Help Picking Graphics Card: I got a new PC, in a sense. The Acer I took to be fixed had died and he built me a PC using a Advent Windows 10 Tower. Long story short, it's a Advent Tower, Dell Monitor, Acer Keyboard and Mouse. To avoid my new PC dying , I need to get a graphics card so I can game. And...
  9. my specs and graphic card help needed

my specs and graphic card help needed: im using a site called can i run, to check if my pc will play games, im using intel hd graphics, pixel shader 4.1 vortexshader version 4.1 dedicated video ram 32mb, is it possible to replace intel hd graphics on my pc to a new video card pref 2gb also using intel core...
  10. Need help finding a graphics card

Need help finding a graphics card: So I have been using the video card that came stock on my motherboard (the motherboard is the Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3) and It is fine but a little laggy. I need a Video card that could handle these games at good settings Minecraft, Roblox, Spore, Sims 3 (EPs I have is...