Windows 10: Need help with theme files.

Discus and support Need help with theme files. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been trying my hardest to change the shell buttons like the red 'x' in the top right corner of windows and adding tint to the background of open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KatzRool, Dec 5, 2015.

1. KatzRool Win User

Need help with theme files.

I've been trying my hardest to change the shell buttons like the red 'x' in the top right corner of windows and adding tint to the background of open folders but nothing's co-operating with me. I know that this isn't an official windows support question but I need to know how to change these things with Resource Hacker. I've already changed some images in the aerolite.msstyles file in my custom theme folder (that I used to make the title bar green) to make the shell buttons purple but nothing's showing up. Do I need to go into the default aero theme to change the minimise, maximise and close buttons? I really don't want to edit the ownership of that folder because everytime I try it fails. *Mad I'm just a little frustrated and would want some help on changing the close button's colour. If anyone can help, that would be appreciated. Thanks

:)

KatzRool, Dec 5, 2015

2. Rolling back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, then back to 10 when support for 7 ends.

1. Go back to Windows 7 or go back to the previous build?

2. Did you purchase the refurbished computer on 10 January, first use it on 10 January, or did the refurbisher (I assume) "install" Win10 on 10 January?

3a. Where did you purchased the refurbished computer?

3b. Do you know who refurbished it?

4. What Windows 10 Version & OS Build is currently installed?

Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
    key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments:

• IMHO you can't trust the security of any used computer unless & until YOU have formatted the HDD & then done a clean install of Windows (or paid someone - not the supposed "refurbisher" - to do it for you).
    • Mom's prolly better off sticking with Win10. Learning new stuff is good for her! <wink>

We purchased the computer from a Comprenew store on January 18, but the date on the OS install was January 10. We just activated the software on the 18th. Comprenew recycles old electronics etc. and is a certified Microsoft refurbisher. I am not positive
    which build is installed, but I can find it when I get over there. It looks like we have lots of help here to figure things out... all is tremendously appreciated. And... yes....it is good for her to learn new stuff, so we are trying to encourage her to
    learn the "new" Windows OS. We'll see what happens. Thanks again! Need help with theme files. :) Oh yeah, I do need to double check if it says go back to Windows7 or previous build...thanks for that. I've been looking at too many computers lately... can't remember which one says
    what. :[

Need some help with..., Dec 5, 2015
  3. Information from calender missing after updating to version 1709

Hi, and thanks. There were only about 10 or so events with a couple paragraphs of notes on each event. The syncing process was taking hours. Something isn't right. I'm pretty sure it's not a bandwidth issue. The same message keeps coming up stating "We're
    not able to show you some events in this time frame. But They're still there-via your account provider." What exactly does that mean. It sounds like it should be a simple fix. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? I really need this info.

One other thing, as you can see, there does not appear to be another restore point prior to the 1709 update. All attempts failed.

Need some help with..., Dec 5, 2015
  4. SonicBlue Win User

SonicBlue, Dec 5, 2015
  5. iresolver Win User
    i'm using msstyles Editor tool to edit the styles file but when I try and change close minimize or restore buttons nothing happens!

does anyone know how to edit this?
    by the way I'm using Windows 10

iresolver, May 5, 2016
  6. Bongo Win User
    They are part of the Steam image #1194
    Need a resource hacker to get to them.
    I add a light gray background so you can see them.

Jerry

Need help with theme files. [​IMG]

Need help with theme files. [​IMG]

Bongo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help with theme files. - Similar Threads - Need help theme

2. Help with a theme.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with a theme.: Can I please get a windows Vista or 7 theme, for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-a-theme/c888e676-61e3-406e-8594-40639599d9d9
  3. Help with a theme.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with a theme.: Can I please get a windows Vista or 7 theme, for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-a-theme/c888e676-61e3-406e-8594-40639599d9d9
  4. Help with a theme.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Need help with File Explorer "Theme" or Folder Icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with File Explorer "Theme" or Folder Icon: So i'll link below some screenshots that i took from a video (the first one) compared to my look of the file explorer icons. Can anybody help me change the one that i currently have (the one with the dark BG) to the one First screenshot? https://imgur.com/a/eK0QiOI...
  6. Need help to edit my .msstyle custom theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help to edit my .msstyle custom theme: Hi I'm trying to edit a custom theme for my Windows 10 (1909). I have already change some colors in taskbar and explorer, now i'm trying to find a way to edit the color/design of the gauge for hard disk drive in the explorer window, i have tried some changes with...
  7. Turning on Dark Mode/Theme for Windows 10 - Need Help

Turning on Dark Mode/Theme for Windows 10 - Need Help: Hi guys, I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in hopes for the dark mode. Previously on Windows 7 I was using a dark theme. I was looking to enable dark mode on Windows 10 BUT without installing any themes or anything to keep things lite and smooth. I just want...
  8. Edit themes help

Edit themes help: Is there any third party software available that will let me edit the desktop themes I made with W7 that I'm now using on 10, or even make new ones? 14644
  9. dark windows 7 theme vs. dark windows 10 theme, 10 needs help

dark windows 7 theme vs. dark windows 10 theme, 10 needs help: I require a dark but low contrast color theme for my visual disability, but I need for it to NOT change the colors in Microsoft Office so that I can accurately work on Word and Excel documents and see the colors. I have a windows 7 theme that works good on my windows 7...
  10. Needing Qttabbar Personalized Themes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Needing Qttabbar Personalized Themes: Was looking for someone to send me their personalized theme for qttabbar. I want to experiment with different skins. 98478