Windows 10: Need help with Windows 10?

Discus and support Need help with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just received a notice about this MS web site. I don't remember seeing it before: Need help with Windows 10? [img] 25287 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

Need help with Windows 10?

Just received a notice about this MS web site. I don't remember seeing it before:

Need help with Windows 10? [​IMG]

:)

Ztruker, Oct 5, 2015

2. HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 5/26/2017 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.21.1 - Error 0x800f0247

We are in 100% agreement. Going through all the steps suggested in some of the responses to resolve this issue was time-consuming and fruitless. it is obviously not an "individual" issue.. Thanks.

Need some help with..., Oct 5, 2015
  3. Rolling back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, then back to 10 when support for 7 ends.

1. Go back to Windows 7 or go back to the previous build?

2. Did you purchase the refurbished computer on 10 January, first use it on 10 January, or did the refurbisher (I assume) "install" Win10 on 10 January?

3a. Where did you purchased the refurbished computer?

3b. Do you know who refurbished it?

4. What Windows 10 Version & OS Build is currently installed?

Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
    key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments:

• IMHO you can't trust the security of any used computer unless & until YOU have formatted the HDD & then done a clean install of Windows (or paid someone - not the supposed "refurbisher" - to do it for you).
    • Mom's prolly better off sticking with Win10. Learning new stuff is good for her! <wink>

We purchased the computer from a Comprenew store on January 18, but the date on the OS install was January 10. We just activated the software on the 18th. Comprenew recycles old electronics etc. and is a certified Microsoft refurbisher. I am not positive
    which build is installed, but I can find it when I get over there. It looks like we have lots of help here to figure things out... all is tremendously appreciated. And... yes....it is good for her to learn new stuff, so we are trying to encourage her to
    learn the "new" Windows OS. We'll see what happens. Thanks again! Need help with Windows 10? :) Oh yeah, I do need to double check if it says go back to Windows7 or previous build...thanks for that. I've been looking at too many computers lately... can't remember which one says
    what. :[

Need some help with..., Oct 5, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Looks fine to me, its on Windows web site, soooo whats the problem??

OldMike65, Oct 5, 2015
  5. There is no problem, the OP is informative rather than a question.

nigelmercier, Oct 5, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Just providing information and wondering how long it's been around as I had not seen it before.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Need help

2. Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...: I had asked this question back in end of March, received a reply, and replied to that quite a while later, but have not received a response. I did take too long to attempt the actions and then ask about, so that is my fault. For the time being, I do still need that help.One...
  3. Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...: I had asked this question back in end of March, received a reply, and replied to that quite a while later, but have not received a response. I did take too long to attempt the actions and then ask about, so that is my fault. For the time being, I do still need that help.One...
  4. Need Help Diagnosing Instabilities

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help Diagnosing Instabilities: Hello, I have recently been experiencing system instabilies ranging from application crashes to various forms of BSOD. I have done what I know how to in addressing the issues, and have lessened them greatly, but have yet to completely correct the issues. Recently it seems...
  5. Need Help Diagnosing Instabilities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Diagnosing Instabilities: Hello, I have recently been experiencing system instabilies ranging from application crashes to various forms of BSOD. I have done what I know how to in addressing the issues, and have lessened them greatly, but have yet to completely correct the issues. Recently it seems...
  6. Need Help Diagnosing Instabilities

7. Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad: I have the notepad exec but when I try to open saved notepad it asks what program to open it, it was working yesterday but not today. I have Windows 11 23H2.I have checked answers to the notepad topic but these are how to get it where as my problem is that it no longer opens,...
  8. Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad

Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad: I have the notepad exec but when I try to open saved notepad it asks what program to open it, it was working yesterday but not today. I have Windows 11 23H2.I have checked answers to the notepad topic but these are how to get it where as my problem is that it no longer opens,...
  9. need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find: I've been casting from my win 11 pc to my lg web os tv without any issues for over two years now. all of a sudden windows has decided that is can no longer find my lg tv 1, I can cast to my other lg tv2 but not to my main one1. I can cast to tv1 with my android phone. Is...
  10. need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find

need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find: I've been casting from my win 11 pc to my lg web os tv without any issues for over two years now. all of a sudden windows has decided that is can no longer find my lg tv 1, I can cast to my other lg tv2 but not to my main one1. I can cast to tv1 with my android phone. Is...