Windows 10: Need help with Wireless Screen Casting

Discus and support Need help with Wireless Screen Casting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Acer Aspire 5755 laptop. I've upgraded the OS to Windows 10 pro and the wireless card to an Intel 7260 that has Bluetooth and better Wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Madmaxneo, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Madmaxneo Win User

Need help with Wireless Screen Casting

I have an Acer Aspire 5755 laptop. I've upgraded the OS to Windows 10 pro and the wireless card to an Intel 7260 that has Bluetooth and better Wifi than the original card. I have been trying to find a way to enable wireless screen casting on this PC (aka Miracast) but I only have the Intel HD Graphics 3000 GPU.
    Miracast is only supported on devices that have WDDM 1.3 or higher on them and the WDDM driver for this GPU is only 1.2. I searched the Acer support site and there is no updated drivers for this laptop since 2012.

Is there any way to upgrade the driver to WDDM 1.3?

If not then is there any other way to enable Miracast on this laptop other than a USB device like this Actiontec screen transmitter?

:)

Madmaxneo, Aug 17, 2018
  2. dzigner Win User

Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

Hello
    I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV.
    I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work. Opera cannot find any Cast destinations.
    On Windows side, if I search for wireless display from notifications/project area, it does not find my TV. If I click Connect in the notifications area, it does not find my TV.
    The TV is listed under Other devices in my devices and printers settings, but is always disconnected.
    I have attached images for this.
    Please help,
    Need help with Wireless Screen Casting [​IMG]

Need help with Wireless Screen Casting [​IMG]

Thanks

dzigner, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    new computer not cast video to samsung led smart tv

Hi Jack,

You may need to use a Miracast adapter to be able to use the Miracast feature in Windows 10. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried to cast videos from your computer to your TV?
    • Are you able to cast videos before?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to project a wireless display
    with Miracast. This article is for Windows 8.1 and will also work in Windows 10.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Jess Can Win User

How do you cast the screen in windows 10?

Hi,

To help your Windows 10 computer cast its screen, we recommend the steps detailed in this article about

how to project to a wireless display with Miracast
    . The steps there apply to Windows 10.

Should you need further assistance, do let us know.

Jess Can, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help with Wireless Screen Casting - Similar Threads - Need help Wireless

2. Have there been changes to screen casting to wireless displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have there been changes to screen casting to wireless displays?: The other day I cast the screen of my desktop PC win 11 to my Samsung TV using the built in cast method. This worked well and apart from fuzziness it was fine. The next day it wouldn't connect but I chalked it up to extra load on my connection due to family streaming, we have...
  3. Have there been changes to screen casting to wireless displays?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have there been changes to screen casting to wireless displays?: The other day I cast the screen of my desktop PC win 11 to my Samsung TV using the built in cast method. This worked well and apart from fuzziness it was fine. The next day it wouldn't connect but I chalked it up to extra load on my connection due to family streaming, we have...
  4. Wireless Cast Display Feature or screen cast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Cast Display Feature or screen cast: Can you fix Wireless Display Cast application bugs in Windows 11 ?The wireless display cast application is bug or complaintIt is not working properlyIt is stuck or bug at smartphone mirroring time...
  5. Wireless Cast Display Feature or screen cast

Wireless Cast Display Feature or screen cast: Can you fix Wireless Display Cast application bugs in Windows 11 ?The wireless display cast application is bug or complaintIt is not working properlyIt is stuck or bug at smartphone mirroring time...
  6. Screen casting

Screen casting: So I’m basically trying to use the project to screen feature of window in my office to get a third screen with my personal laptop, works so far but the laptop as thick black border all around even if the aspect ratio is right making it almost unusable...
  7. Wireless Projecting help needed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless Projecting help needed: Help, I can wirelessly project from my surface go 2 to my surface pro 4, but im trying to project my surface pro 4 to my surface go 2, but it doesnt work. Can anyone help? surface go 2 is not up-to-date on updates, while surface pro 4 is. submitted by /u/EmersonOwO [link]...
  8. Wireless casting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless casting: What are some ways I can use my TV as an additional monitor for my laptop WITHOUT using a wired connection. I'm not simply talking about chrome casting either. I have some apps and things I would like to bring up on my TV, but I can't connect it through windows. My TV has...
  9. Need HELP Wireless connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need HELP Wireless connection: I have the wireless driver and I don't know how to get the driver into the device manager or how to download it. I have windows 10 and a windows 8.1 wireless driver but I will run it in compatibility mode. I need this for school. Someone PLEASE HELP. [ATTACH]...
  10. cast and wireless printer problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cast and wireless printer problem: I am running windows 10,i was able to cast to my tv and connect to my wireless printer ,but i cant do either anymore, cant work out why 123791

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer aspire 5755g miracast windows 10