Windows 10: Need info about Windows 10

Discus and support Need info about Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i have win 7 atm, and its highly damaged, but soon i will buy new 1, will be Win 10 Box, i look around versions, and i see something that confuse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Biiomage, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Biiomage Win User

Need info about Windows 10

So i have win 7 atm, and its highly damaged, but soon i will buy new 1, will be Win 10 Box, i look around versions, and i see something that confuse me, on title there is USB, why there USB?

I get Pendrive for Data Storage instead of DVD?

:)

Biiomage, Aug 14, 2017
  2. TEX SUN Win User

Need Info About Superfetch

Yes, I have had random freezes on my computer. In the first place, my computer

was booting up too slow, so I changed some things in msconfig in boot, then advanced.

Now my computer is starting up much quicker. I have looked at some places which

may cause my computer to freeze, also the start-up in task manager, but those

programs that I don't need on startup are disabled.

TEX SUN, Aug 14, 2017
  3. Need Info About Superfetch

I would not disable SuperFetch unless doing so resolves permanently a problem you think it's causing.

Note that on 100% disk usage cases many will report that disabling it helps, but then almost always say later the problem came back. So I am skeptical and would not disable unless it clearly tests to resolve a problem.

I hope this helps more.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 14, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

First, does the computer have a Windows 7 sticker with a product key printed on it? If yes, you can still use that product key to activate a clean install of Windows 10 for free.

If you purchase a Retail box version of Windows 10, it does come on a USB flash drive and not a DVD.

NavyLCDR, Aug 14, 2017
  5. Biiomage Win User
    is there a DVD version to on retail version? or only Flash Drive have?

Biiomage, Aug 14, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    I'm not sure if I understand everything correctly, but I'll post this =)

It is much better to install Windows 10 from a flash drive, because once you download Windows 10 to the flash drive (from Microsoft's website), it is the most updated version of Windows 10. If you find Windows 10 on a DVD Disc, it is very likely that this Windows 10 isn't completely updated with security updates, etc...

But in answer to your question in your post right above this one: I don't think Microsoft officially puts Windows 10 on a DVD anymore, because DVD is out-dated technology; it's old.

*Edit*: I did an image search for Windows 10 DVD discs, I see only a few. This most likely means they didn't do many of them, because DVD is old technology.

pepanee, Aug 14, 2017
  7. Rocky Win User
    A new one what?

A new computer
    A new OS
    A new copy of Windows

You are going to buy a new what?

Rocky, Aug 14, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

If you need a DVD to install from, then you can just download the ISO from Microsoft and burn your own DVD - but the latest ISO do require a double layer (DL) DVD.

NavyLCDR, Aug 15, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @Biiomage

I'm confused, are you asking about buying a new PC, or just a retail copy of Windows 10?

If you buy a new PC it may not come with a DVD drive, particularly if it is a laptop. You could add a USB DVD drive if you need one. Windows 10 will be able to use it.

If you install Windows 10 on a PC that has a DVD drive then you will be able to use the DVD for storage, even if you installed Windows 10 from a USB.

10. Rocky Win User
    Yes it sure sounds like Biiomage is going to get a new computer. To Biiomage, not every new computer comes with a DVD drive so you might need to buy a couple of USB sticks along with your new computer.

Rocky, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need info about Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Need info

2. Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...: The problem is on my computer it says "Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password." and states the email the pin will be sent to is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" which is definitely not my email or what the account is linked...
  3. Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...: The problem is on my computer it says "Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password." and states the email the pin will be sent to is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" which is definitely not my email or what the account is linked...
  4. Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...

6. [Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub: Hi Microsoft Team,I am currently experiencing issues with a cloned SSD on Windows and am seeking assistance from the community.Due to unsupported md format in here, I have detailed the specific problems and the steps I've taken so far in a Markdown document on my GitHub...
  7. [Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub

[Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub: Hi Microsoft Team,I am currently experiencing issues with a cloned SSD on Windows and am seeking assistance from the community.Due to unsupported md format in here, I have detailed the specific problems and the steps I've taken so far in a Markdown document on my GitHub...
  8. [Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Need help removing my microsoft account files/info from kids laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help removing my microsoft account files/info from kids laptop.: Okay here's the situation. We purchased certified refurbished Dell laptops from Amazon for our kids to use for online school. We have 3 total. I started setting up the first one last night and used my microsoft account, not realizing I should have created a kids email account...
  10. Need help removing my microsoft account files/info from kids laptop.

Need help removing my microsoft account files/info from kids laptop.: Okay here's the situation. We purchased certified refurbished Dell laptops from Amazon for our kids to use for online school. We have 3 total. I started setting up the first one last night and used my microsoft account, not realizing I should have created a kids email account...