Windows 10: Need ISO Download for Version 10.0.16299.19

Discus and support Need ISO Download for Version 10.0.16299.19 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After update KB4043961 I have some component corruption. I am using DISM, but I need the latest ISO for Version 10.0.16299.19. Where can I download the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TexasBandit, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Need ISO Download for Version 10.0.16299.19

After update KB4043961 I have some component corruption. I am using DISM, but I need the latest ISO for Version 10.0.16299.19. Where can I download the ISO for Version 10.0.16299.19? The only one I can find is Version 10.0.16299.15.

Thanks

:)

TexasBandit, Oct 30, 2017

2. Can I Upgrade to Windows 10 with an ISO not my Reservation?

The utility at the link above lets you download Windows 10 ISO's for all languages, 32 + 64, Home/Pro and either directly create media, or download ISOs. You do NOT need to be running a 32-bit version to download the 32-bit version nor the 64-bit to download
    the 64-bit version. Download the one for the bit-type of the system you plan to be downloading the ISO *from*, not the target device version. Then run it and use it to download the ISOs you need.

Shawn K. Hall, Oct 30, 2017
  3. Unable to Repair Currupt Windows Files

I downloaded and ran the Norton Removal Tool.

I have also checked the hard drives for errors. No errors were found.

I also used the ISO I had previously downloaded from Microsoft to do a repair upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10.

The results are the same.

I ran sfc/scannow and DISM in Safe Mode.

Additionally, once I exited Safe Mode, I ran the following command prompts as an administrator, taking the boot.wim file from the /sources folder of the Windows ISO I downloaded from Microsoft today:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.19]

(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /mount-wim /wimFile:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\boot.wim /index:1 /MountDir:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\mount
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.16299.15
    Mounting image

[==========================100.0%==========================]

The operation completed successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Image Version: 10.0.16299.19
    No component store corruption detected.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\mount\windows /LimitAccess

Image Version: 10.0.16299.19
    [==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /unmount-wim /Mountdir:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\mount /discard

Image File : C:\Users\Ryan\Desktop\boot.wim

Image Index : 1

Unmounting image

[==========================100.0%==========================]

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /cleanup-wim

Scanning drive C for stale files

Scanning drive D for stale files

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow
    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some

of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For

example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not

supported in offline servicing scenarios.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>

RyanJKingEsq, Oct 30, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Need ISO Download for Version 10.0.16299.19

Tutorial for getting and creating an ISO. The link for the tool will get you 16299.15, the base, which will update to 16299.19. When you run the tool, just tell it to create an ISO. The ISO created cannot be used with DISM, but can be used for an in-place repair.

Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

f14tomcat, Oct 30, 2017
  5. Thanks for the swift replay TomCat. DISM has always been trouble for me. I downloaded version 10.0.16299.15 using the Media Creation Tool. It did not update to 10.016299.19.

If I can't use this download for DISM, what can I use? I just want to clear the component corruptions. My laptop is running just fine, but I don't like having those corruptions out there, if you know what I mean.

If it can be done using "in place repair", that's fine. I've never used "in place repair". Any advice?

Thanks

6. davidhk Win User
    You need KB4043961 update to bring your build to 16299.19.

If Windows Update is reluctant to give you that, go to Microsoft Update Catalog > enter KB4043961 to the search box.

Like this :

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...px?q=kb4043961

1st one on the list is for 64-bit.
    2nd one is for 32-bit.

davidhk, Oct 30, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    You would think that MS would incorporate that KB update into the ISO.

Plankton, Oct 30, 2017
  8. davidhk Win User

Microsoft will give you the "base" build which is 16299.15. Then Windows Update will bring it to-date to 16299.19.
    That's how MS works...... I suppose.

davidhk, Oct 30, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    They'd have to issue a new ISO at least once a month if they did that. AFAIK 1607 was the only one to get a new ISO, and that about half way through its long stint...

10. Microsoft has really dropped the ball here. They have known issues that could be corrected, and they continue along ignoring them.

But I have solved my problem. I found some information regarding the source not found problem. I had an system image before the installation of KB043961 and restored that image to match the downloaded version of the ISO.

After that completes , the link is

How to Extract Install.ESD to Install.WIM (Windows 10/8) - wintips.org - Windows Tips How-tos

Finally, someone actually has useful information on this issue. In a nutshell, you need to download the ISO. Copy wim.esd to C:/ for convenience. Then find the index for your version using

dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:install.esd

Remember to check and ensure the ISO is exactly the same version you are currently using. The current version can be obtained running winver. Extract the appropriate component from the ISO to the Windows root directory (C:/) using

dism /export-image /SourceImageFile:install.esd /SourceIndex:IndexNumber /DestinationImageFile:install.wim /Compress:max /CheckIntegrity

replacing IndexNumber with the appropriate index. This step also converts the install.esd file to install.wim.. Check to ensure the install.wim file is in the root directory in the root directory (C:/). Then run

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:wim:C:\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

That completed successfully. I then updated my system to build 16299.19 via update KB043961.

And my problem is solved. No corruption and no disk errors after the update.

11. NavyLCDR New Member
    I downloaded the ISO file by using the browser spoofing trick. In Microsoft Edge, go to the Microsoft Download Site:
    Download Windows 10

Then press F12 before clicking on any links. In the bottom half that opens click on the emulation tab and under mode change the user string to Apple Safari (iPad). The upper half will refresh, don't close the bottom half. There you can click on the options to download an ISO file directly. That ISO file will work with version 1709 of Windows 10 as a source for the DISM repair. Be advised, the index numbers have changed. Windows 10 Pro is index 8.

NavyLCDR, Oct 31, 2017
  12. Plankton Win User
    That's a cool trick.....thanks. Learn something new all time.

Plankton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need ISO Download for Version 10.0.16299.19 - Similar Threads - Need ISO Download

2. ¿Donde puedo conseguir la ISO win 10 RTM Core 16299?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ¿Donde puedo conseguir la ISO win 10 RTM Core 16299?: Tengo el siguiente inconveniente, Mi Board tiene una licencia OEM de Windows 10 RTM Core, instale el sistema operativo de fabrica en un SSD y al momento de activar el sistema me da error, no se si es porque dice Windows 10 Core y el RTM influya en la activación....
  3. If I download windows 11 ISO, will windows be downloaded in the last version or I will need...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I download windows 11 ISO, will windows be downloaded in the last version or I will need...: If I download windows 11 ISO, will windows be downloaded in the last version or I will need to update it? + what is the difference between the ISO file and media creation tool?...
  4. If I download windows 11 ISO, will windows be downloaded in the last version or I will need...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I download windows 11 ISO, will windows be downloaded in the last version or I will need...: If I download windows 11 ISO, will windows be downloaded in the last version or I will need to update it? + what is the difference between the ISO file and media creation tool?...
  5. Where to download specific Windows 10 versions ISOs ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where to download specific Windows 10 versions ISOs ?: Simple question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-download-specific-windows-10-versions/386c1def-f168-467d-b11f-546b59069141
  6. Is there an alternative download for Education version ISO?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there an alternative download for Education version ISO?: Hello. My university moved from previous option to Azure distribution and the keys for Windows ar now handled by OnTheHub by Kivuto. However, I can't download ISO for Windows 10 from there, it points me to Microsoft site....
  7. NEED ISO COPY OF WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1803

NEED ISO COPY OF WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1803: NEED ISO COPY OF WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1803 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-iso-copy-of-windows-10-version-1803/7f9f400a-8bf4-40ef-8721-6edaffc14db8
  8. Update from Windows 10 Version 14393.2214 to Version 16299.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update from Windows 10 Version 14393.2214 to Version 16299.: I have tried to update from Windows 10 Version 14393.2214 to Version 16299. Long waits and many false dawns later, the software spools back to the original version. There is plenty of memory, so that is not the problem. What to do?...
  9. Download an ISO that matches installed version of Windows 10?

Download an ISO that matches installed version of Windows 10?: I want to do a repair install from disc, but the DVD I made a couple weeks ago of 10 Pro x64 single language English version 1607 is rejecting the key that a Microsoft tech remotely added after a motherboard change made Windows decide to not be activated. A keyfinder program...
  10. Windows ISO download - Which Version?

Windows ISO download - Which Version?: If I were for to download a Windows 10 ISO now, would it be the latest version with the Anniversary updates? 63949

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to repair microsoft windows[version 10.0.16299.15