Windows 10: Need mobile formatting software

Discus and support Need mobile formatting software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Possibly selling my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet in a few days. Would like to format/delete all data on hard drive. Have too many passwords auto-saved. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by milford, Nov 17, 2016.

1. milford Win User

Need mobile formatting software

Possibly selling my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet in a few days. Would like to format/delete all data on hard drive. Have too many passwords auto-saved. Is there anything I can install onto a flash drive and run from same flash drive? Will the old Format.exe work with Windows 10 on the tablet?

Thanks for any help and Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

:)

milford, Nov 17, 2016

2. Windows Mobile 6.1 Default Supported File Types

Supported file types is dependent on the software that is installed on a device. Many WM6.1 windows mobile devices include Word, Excel and PowerPoint, which supports Office 2007 file formats, and the mobile version of Windows Media Player, which supports
    WMA, WMV, and MP3 formats. If you want a windows mobile device to be compatible with a particular file format, you'll need to assess if there is software on the device that accommodates the format or else find a windows mobile application that supports the
    format.

Are there some specific file formats you wish to use on a mobile device?

Prof Julie, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices | PocketPrimer

Julie fka profjulie, Nov 17, 2016
  3. nj15 Win User
    Software Have Different Sizes...!!!

The recovery tool will wipe everything on the phone including the firmware - therefore, those files are needed in order for the software to write the system files onto the phone. Similar to installing a new operating system on a computer hard drive.

4. lx07 Win User

There is this Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums. It has CCleaner installed which you can use to write zeros to free space.

Or you can still use format.exe and don't specify /Q for the quick format (so it will write zeros to your drive) and then re-install Windows.

The easiest would be to take the reset option and select "fully clean my drive" rather than "just remove my files".

According to Microsoft it works as follows:
    Happy thanksgiving to you too *Smile

Thema:

1. Need mobile formatting software - Similar Threads - Need mobile formatting

2. Software needed for rendering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software needed for rendering: What’s the best program you can use for video editing regarding rendering speed? There are so many of them, but I don’t have a high-performance PC to render large videos rapidly. That’s why I need software that would make the computer's process as easy as possible.
  3. Antivirus software needed or not?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus software needed or not?: Hello,I have Windows 10 on my computer systems and I also haveNorton 360 installed, Norton slows computer systems downas I am sure everyone knows.Question is: do I need second party antivirus software on my PC'sif I am using Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10...
  4. Needed update in ISO format

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Needed update in ISO format: I have a laptop of windows 10 10240 and I want to update it to 1803 I tried from windows update assistant 2 times, but it didn't work So can I download ISO file from browser and install it while installing this ISO file, will it take Internet?...
  5. Recommendations on formatting software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommendations on formatting software?: I have a HDD that is stuck in RAW and the built in windows format is unable to do it in right-click, disk management and command prompt. I saw a video recommending I use a third-party software to fix the issue, any recommendations? submitted by /u/Fahzi_ [link] [comments]...
  6. External HDD needs format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD needs format: Hello to all. Havent been here for a long time between the windows system has improved a lot over the past tear. To my latest problem i was given an external hdd but it has two sections as per image how do i get this to a full working drive please. Many thanks [img] 146402
  7. External HDD needs format

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD needs format: Hello to all. Havent been here for a long time between the windows system has improved a lot over the past tear. To my latest problem i was given an external hdd but it has two sections as per image how do i get this to a full working drive please. Many thanks [img] 146402
  8. Compilation of PC software, Game, Mobile

Compilation of PC software, Game, Mobile: I spent time synthesizing the software needed for computer: Adobe, Office, software utility, AutoCAD, Driver, Win ..., Game, Game Mobile, ... and also update regularly. Anyone have any needs, then go to see and download support to help offline. Thanks..! Link download...
  9. What software do I need to synchronise my Windows 8 mobile phone?

What software do I need to synchronise my Windows 8 mobile phone?: I've connected my Nokia Lumia 930 mobile phone to my Windows 10 laptop and the Phone Companion app lets me quickly and easily copy my photos and videos across but what about the phone settings etc - is there some software I need to install, if so can you point me in the right...
  10. Need software for labels

Need software for labels: I make a lot of labels for storage boxes. In Word 2003, that was a breeze: bring up the template, choose a font, then type my text and insert my graphic within the label boundaries shown. But now I use Word 2016, and it seems to think that labels are only for mailings...