Windows 10: Need new browser

Discus and support Need new browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell tablet. So far...Don't like Edge, uses too much memory. IE o.k. but freezes on certain web sites. Chrome, o.k. but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by milford, Feb 4, 2016.

1. milford Win User

Need new browser

I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell tablet. So far...Don't like Edge, uses too much memory. IE o.k. but freezes on certain web sites. Chrome, o.k. but having protocol problems.

one web site I need will not run Chrome because of an rc4 protocol security problem. Is there someway to get rc4 to work in Chrome?

Last option is Opera. I know nothing about it other than the rc4 security problem has been fixed in it.

Any help?

:)

milford, Feb 4, 2016

2. Windows 10/IE11 Browser error You'll need a new App to open this http" "Look for an app in the store when trying to open links

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

You can just close the window or click OK. You can open the website without any issues.

Also, send us the screenshot of the issue.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10/IE11 Browser error You'll need a new App to open this http" "Look for an app in the store when trying to open links

Just upgraded to Windows 10 with IE11. When I open a site with links and try to open one of the links I get the message: "You'll need a new App to open this http" "Look for an app in the store".
    If I go to the store I get a choice of 4 possible apps, all with no provenance or explanation.

Maybe I'm naïve, but I had this crazy idea that Internet Explorer and Edge are themselves web browsers. why do I need a3rd party app to open links? never had to do so with Win 7 and IE10.

RogerB#Bellevue, Feb 4, 2016
  4. milford Win User

Need new browser

Isn't Firefox memory intensive? I only have 2 gigs on this tablet.

milford, Feb 5, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    See if you can fix the IE "freezes" issue........................

1. Clear browser cache:
    Open IE11 > Tools > Internet Options > General tab > at Browsing history > click Delete > make sure the top 4 entries are checked > click Delete.

2. Reset IE if unstable:
    Open IE11 > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab at the top > near the bottom, click Reset > you will need to restart afterwards.

Hopefully, IE11 will not freeze anymore.

davidhk, Feb 5, 2016
  6. z3r010 Win User
    I use firefox as my main browser, as a web designer/admin it's the most compatible browser around - IE is the least!!!

z3r010, Feb 5, 2016
  7. TairikuOkami, Feb 5, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Need new browser

milford,
    Have you decided which browser to use ?
    If yes, how is it, so far ?

davidhk, Feb 6, 2016
  9. b1rd Win User
    Hey milford-

I think it might be taxing on the memory, however it is my defaulted browser as well.

HERE'S a list of Chrome alternatives, if you think you might want to stay with a 'Chrome-based' browser. I also saw that CleanMem was posted, which (IMHO) is a nice program to have as well. I've been using it for years and it does seem to work fine with Win-10.

b1rd, Feb 6, 2016
  10. milford Win User
    Safari. Only one, other than Edge that ignores/ allows for the rc4 security protocol.

milford, Feb 6, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    Thanks for the update.

davidhk, Feb 6, 2016
  12. Winuser Win User
    It's probably a false positive but the CleanMem link sets off my Pale Moon security.

Winuser, Feb 7, 2016
  13. Mystere Win User

Need new browser

Edge uses too much memory? I find that hard to believe, as Edge has the lowest memory footprint of any browser I've seen.

As for the RC4 problem, you won't find many sites that will allow RC4 anymore (especially those that accept credit cards) because it's inherently insecure and broken. All browser vendors have committed to deprecating it. So if the site refuses to use RC4, they better make the change fast or they will find they won't have any users.

Mystere, Feb 7, 2016
  14. milford Win User
    Here's the website I'm having problems with.. .Customer Support | TracFoneWireless
    In the lower right corner, try clicking on the "official support forum". Chrome and IE11, and several other browsers could not get in. Edge will get in and Safari.

milford, Feb 7, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    Sorry to contradict you.
    I am using IE11, I always use IE since Vista.
    I have no problem opening "official support forum".

Need new browser [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

Need new browser

1. Need new browser - Similar Threads - Need browser

2. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  3. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  4. need help installing lockdown browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help installing lockdown browser.: need help installing lockdown broswer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-installing-lockdown-browser/4e3fabb7-0ff6-4aa5-aca1-fb1cce9e82ee
  5. need help installing lockdown browser.

need help installing lockdown browser.: need help installing lockdown broswer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-installing-lockdown-browser/4e3fabb7-0ff6-4aa5-aca1-fb1cce9e82ee
  6. BSOD Memory_Management mainly while using browser, need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Memory_Management mainly while using browser, need help: Started a few months ago which happens randomly while I'm using chromeBut the past few days it has gotten worse to the point that I'm having multiple crashes a daySometimes it even crashes immediately after reboot before I did anythingI tried updating my gpu driver and using...
  7. BSOD Memory_Management mainly while using browser, need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Memory_Management mainly while using browser, need help: Started a few months ago which happens randomly while I'm using chromeBut the past few days it has gotten worse to the point that I'm having multiple crashes a daySometimes it even crashes immediately after reboot before I did anythingI tried updating my gpu driver and using...
  8. BSOD Memory_Management mainly while using browser, need help

9. Money needs internet explorer to run. That browser is no longer available. How do I get it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Money needs internet explorer to run. That browser is no longer available. How do I get it...: Money needs internet explorer to run. That browser is no longer avaliable.. How do I get it to run on a new computer with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/money-needs-internet-explorer-to-run-that-browser/9909edd8-ab29-44d1-8df9-5f6f730a2041
  10. Money needs internet explorer to run. That browser is no longer available. How do I get it...

Money needs internet explorer to run. That browser is no longer available. How do I get it...: Money needs internet explorer to run. That browser is no longer avaliable.. How do I get it to run on a new computer with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/money-needs-internet-explorer-to-run-that-browser/9909edd8-ab29-44d1-8df9-5f6f730a2041