Windows 10: Need new free email client with minimal bcc limitations

Discus and support Need new free email client with minimal bcc limitations in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I head up a volunteer group of about 350 people. I tried a bulk email to them using the bcc option because many are sensitive to having their email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lbeck, Mar 27, 2017.

1. lbeck Win User

Need new free email client with minimal bcc limitations

I head up a volunteer group of about 350 people. I tried a bulk email to them using the bcc option because many are sensitive to having their email address broadcast to the entire group.

I tried using a separate Gmail account for this purpose and the emails got blocked with the reason being to eliminate spammers. I tried paring the emails to sending 30 at a time and that worked once but not again. Going to the Gmail forum I found an app called GMass that will send many emails with the addresses blocked (like the bcc option). It reported to be free but on using it I'm forced to subscribe to the $6.95/month option to send to the 350. I'm aware of Gmail "groups" but that doesn't meet my objectives.

I'm just beginning this endeavor, so I'm now wanting to dump Gmail completely and go to another email client that will allow mass distribution. I prefer free but I may consider cheap if it's a one-time cost (not monthy).

Thanks for your recommendations and advice.

Lee

:)

lbeck, Mar 27, 2017
  2. bazkurd Win User

Do all mail services works like this?

thank you for replying.and Yes I am sending my emails via (Bcc).does that mean its the same way in all email clients when using (cc) or (Bcc)?

bazkurd, Mar 27, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    Email Distribution list...mobile...

Like any email client, put the email addresses into the BCC: field, not the To: or CC: fields. That will hide the addresses.

Entegy, Mar 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

You could use Thunderbird - it allows you to create groups of addressees.

So one Bcc line - the name of the group.

I have no idea about and no way of testing what happens if an addressee is blocked, save to surmise only the email to that person would fail.

dalchina, Mar 27, 2017
  5. lbeck Win User
    I'm familiar with Thunderbird and use it. TBird does allow the creation of groups of addresses, but you need to SEND the email to the group(s) created. Gmail then blocks the transmission if too many email addresses are in the group.

lbeck, Mar 28, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    So actually the restriction is the email service. Try zoho.com? You could ask their support first. Free/commercial.
    I have some personal accounts with them.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need new free email client with minimal bcc limitations - Similar Threads - Need free email

2. BCC import Emails not sending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BCC import Emails not sending: Hi, I am unable to send email chains with multiple bcc's that have been imported from my websites client list only 8 people - when I go to send the email it simply sits in my draft box. I am able to send each person an individual email but it will not send when they are all...
  3. BCC import Emails not sending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BCC import Emails not sending: Hi, I am unable to send email chains with multiple bcc's that have been imported from my websites client list only 8 people - when I go to send the email it simply sits in my draft box. I am able to send each person an individual email but it will not send when they are all...
  4. New email client from Microsoft?

New email client from Microsoft?: I heard recently of a new email client from Microsoft. I can't remember the name and I don't remember where I read it.Can you tell me if there is a new email client coming?Nigel...
  5. Bcc emails rejected as spam

in Browsers and Email
    Bcc emails rejected as spam: I run a small natural history group with about 70 members. It's become almost impossible for me to email the group using the blind copy setting because most email servers are rejecting my message as spam. Messages used to end up in the spam folder of many recipients but at...
  6. I need an email client that stores emails as .eml

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need an email client that stores emails as .eml: I have a mailstore full of twenty years' worth of emails. My current email client is Windows Live Mail, which sporadically crashes my system and forces a restart. I've been using Windows Live Mail because it stores each email as its own .eml file, so my offsite backup...
  7. Photos App - new email client

Photos App - new email client: Hello, I use Mailbird as my email client. It is set as the default email client in settings. Photos wants me to use 'Mail' when I hit the share button for a photo. Is there a way to get it to use Mailbird for this function? I can't see anywhere in Photos / Settings....
  8. Looking for a new email client

in Browsers and Email
    Looking for a new email client: I’ve been using the MS Office 2007 suite including Outlook since it was new! I want to convert to open source LibreOffice and remove MS Office completely so need a new mail client. I also use Opera as my default browser. I like the look and function of Mailbird but it seems...
  9. Free Email clients on Linux Guests

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Free Email clients on Linux Guests: Hi folks One of the best I've seen where you can actually set up accounts manually (Thunderbird now makes that a real pain) is Kmail (from KDE plasma desktop). You can also have decent menus as well in the client do the following -->show hidden files and then in file:...
  10. Is there a free email client for desktop use

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a free email client for desktop use: I use Outlook for my main email but I also have an gmail account as well as a hotmail (outlook). I would like a free email client that I can install on my computer so I can have a desktop email client for my gmail and hotmail accounts so I don't have to access it via web...