Windows 10: Need Outlook 2010 to work or get Mail & Cal to import contacts

Discus and support Need Outlook 2010 to work or get Mail & Cal to import contacts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am only using a Windows 10 system because my Windows 7 computer is sketchy and I need a reliable PC to work. I have Windows 10 up and running on a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by geercom, Jun 17, 2017.

1. geercom Win User

Need Outlook 2010 to work or get Mail & Cal to import contacts

I am only using a Windows 10 system because my Windows 7 computer is sketchy and I need a reliable PC to work. I have Windows 10 up and running on a very fast system with a nice big new monitor. Migrating email to this PC is absolute hell. I can get Outlook 2010 setup with contacts imported and with email accounts. I cannot get it to receive email at all even though it shows the green check marks that it has successfully checked all accounts. I searched for answers to this and could not find any. I can live with this choice if I can get it to receive email and have it show up in the inbox.

Option 2, I have Mail and Calendar set up by I cannot get emails from WLM2012 into it nor can I get my contact list into it. I tried a work arount that said use my outlook.com account to import contact list to Microsoft. I don't have an Outlook.com account.

Anyone got instructions either on how to successfully get Outlook 2010 receiving email or how to get contact lists into Mail and Calendar? Microsoft is making me so livid right now. I lose money when this crap doesn't work.

:)

geercom, Jun 17, 2017

2. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

Outlook 2010 opens and works just fine. The issue I have is adding my Outlook.com account to outlook 2010 and sync'ing the calendar and contacts. They are not showing, whereas they were on Outlook 365. Windows Mail seems to take them by default. I guess
    I need to disable Windows mail, if that is possible?

The Outlook account is set up in Windows 10, just fine. It is getting it to show in Outlook 2010 that is the problem.

Computingbitstogo, Jun 17, 2017
  3. 0x85010014 error code on HTC Touch Pro 2 when trying to sync Outlook 2010 items

I can send via one note and I still get sync error when sync smart phone windows 6.5 to outlook 2010, the weird thing is that notes came from phone to outlook fine just not cal or contacts.

WolfTechnologies, Jun 17, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

I went from Windows XP to Windows 8.1/10. It certainly was not that difficult.
    Everything in WLM 2012 is now in the Windows 10 Mail App and Contacts App.

I went the route of an Outlook Mail account as I have 2 of those. It worked.
    But the same process can probably be done with a Gmail account or Yahoo Mail account.

The basics of the process are to use the Web interface of these accounts to create folders for your Emails, move those. Then import Contacts using *.CSV file.
    You can certainly export a Contacts *.CSV file from WLM 2012. Not sure about Outlook 2010.

Then using the Web Interface for an Outlook Mail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail account import the *.CSV file.
    Then using the Windows 10 Mail, Contacts App sync with that Account.

There is no direct import of a contacts *.CSV file into the Contacts App.

The details are about half way down these pages. They suggest Outlook Mail but I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing with a Gmail or Yahoo Mail account:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...a-f8ec74f8e8fd

Helmut, Jun 18, 2017
  5. geercom Win User
    It is now registering sent emails OK.

geercom, Jun 18, 2017
  6. geercom Win User
    I don't understand what it means by "Create one or more folders in the list of folders that synchronize with your Outlook.com account". What does that mean? Are you saying you can create these folders somewhere inside Outlook.com and that the folders have to have the same names as the WLM folders? I don't understand. What folders are the ones that sync with Outlook.com? Where are these?

geercom, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need Outlook 2010 to work or get Mail & Cal to import contacts - Similar Threads - Need Outlook 2010

2. Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365: I have a .wab file which I would like to import to Outlook 365. I have tried exporting .was to .csv but doesn't import correctly - just the names without the detail. Any help will be much appreciated....
  3. Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365: I have a .wab file which I would like to import to Outlook 365. I have tried exporting .was to .csv but doesn't import correctly - just the names without the detail. Any help will be much appreciated....
  4. window mail importing contacts

window mail importing contacts: I have contacts exported from outlook that I would like to import into mail. In these contacts I have groups. I see some (very old) contacts show up in my people but nothing current. How can I make a direct import into this program?...
  5. Import contacts to mail app

Import contacts to mail app: Hey, How can I import contacts from my ...mail.com email account into the mail app on the new microsoft surface laptop. I can only see support for Google accounts...
  6. Import recovered OST into Outlook 2010?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Import recovered OST into Outlook 2010?: I manually mined the files from my crashed laptop before I reinstalled Windows 10 and Office 2010. I lost all my contacts - it is an Outlook.com account but the contacts were not synched with the web version. I believe I got the correct OST file from the savage operation....
  7. Import contacts from outlook 2010 to outlook 10. How do i do that?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import contacts from outlook 2010 to outlook 10. How do i do that?: Hi! I just bought a surface pro and i want to get my contacts imported from outlook 2010 to outlook 10. How do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-outlook-2010-to-outlook-10/f3b36727-888a-460d-b583-bc7c17eaa035"
  8. Import contacts into Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import contacts into Mail: Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance. 86249
  9. How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?: I keep contact details in my Microsoft account (at Sign in to your Microsoft account). I've been using Outlook 2010 with the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector and this used to synchronise my contacts fine. However, for a while now, I've noticed mail synchronisation...
  10. Outlook 2010 cannot get Address Book to show Contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 cannot get Address Book to show Contacts: I've followed the MS advice shown at:- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...ook-in-outlook I still can't get my contacts to show in the Address Book. All worked fine until I had to do a complete system recovery! All advice gratefully received. 103874