Windows 10: Need privacy extensions combo advice.

Discus and support Need privacy extensions combo advice. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I would like some advice on my privacy extensions combo and how it could be changed or improved. I'm aware that when using many different extensions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kol12, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Kol12 Win User

Need privacy extensions combo advice.

I would like some advice on my privacy extensions combo and how it could be changed or improved. I'm aware that when using many different extensions you run the risk of making your privacy/security worse...

I'm starting to get a good a understanding of how the extensions I'm using work and a couple that I'm yet to try are Scriptsafe and Privacy badger. Actually I've briefly tried Scriptsafe but I don't really understand how it works and it's one that requires a lot of page reloading that I find to be a hassle...

My current combo and understanding is:

Ublock Origin - blocks ads...
    Disconnect - blocks tracking...
    CryptoPrevent - Blocks ransomwares...
    HTTPS Everywhere - still trying to get an understanding on this one...

I'm slowly reading through Privacy Tools | Encryption against global mass surveillance

Running the panopticlick browser test (Panopticlick) I do not pass "Does your browser unblock 3rd parties that promise to honor Do Not Track?" and "Does your browser protect from fingerprinting?"

How do you guys tackle those ones?

So what do you think are there any more extensions I should look at to further bolster my protection?

:)

Kol12, Oct 8, 2016
  2. Anchorr Win User

Antivirus Use in Windows 10

I understand I can simply go with I.E. while using Norton as my final resort.

I'm thinking with the Edge/ Defender combo and the Edge/ Norton combo I will be protected to web surf and have virus protection all that I need, and then the I.E./ Norton combo will have extra via the extensions, such as Identity safe, etc.

Anchorr, Oct 8, 2016
  3. Anchorr Win User
    After March 2016 Windows Updates, Windows Hello gone/ Also question re Antivirus

Thanks for that.

In conclusion can you please advise on the other -

I understand I can simply go with I.E. while using Norton as my final resort.

I'm thinking with the Edge/ Defender combo and the Edge/ Norton combo I will be protected to web surf and have virus protection all that I need, and then the I.E./ Norton combo will have extra via the extensions, such as Identity safe, etc.

Anchorr, Oct 8, 2016
Thema:

Need privacy extensions combo advice.

1. Need privacy extensions combo advice. - Similar Threads - Need privacy extensions

2. Need an urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need an urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  3. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  4. Need urgent advice,.?

Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  5. Purchase Advice Needed

Purchase Advice Needed: I was so disheartened when my computer was seriously corrupted during a Windows 10 update. With the help I received here everything is okay now.But my laptop is ten years old Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and should be retired.Would an S-Mode offer more protection...
  6. Need networking advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need networking advice: I am trying to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10 x64, ver 1909) to my desktop (Win 10 x64 ver 20H2. I have a lot of options, but can't seem to get any to work: 1) Google Drive--I appear to have two Google Drives, one talking to my phone and laptop, the other to my...
  7. In need of expert advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In need of expert advice: So I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3.. laptop has been great until today. I loaded up my laptop like usual, logged in, immediately got a "something went wrong, we need to reatart" blue screen, then after a few seconds the screen went black and nothing's working. Literally nothing, no...
  8. Need recovery advice

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need recovery advice: Back in May of this year, I posted about a problem I was having at that time. Here's the original post: Laptop seems to be in Recovery mode - what now? I got some suggestions but was busy with other things so I simply didn't touch the laptop again for a while. Yesterday, I...
  9. GPU Advice needed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU Advice needed: Fellow Forumites: My dual 27" full HD (1980x1200) Dell monitors are now ten years old. They still work OK, but I'm thinking it's time to replace them. Can anybody tell me what kind of GPU(s) and cables I'll need to replace them with a pair of 34" monitors instead? (Find them...
  10. Help and or advice needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help and or advice needed: I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor? Thanks 39170