Windows 10: Need Proven Recommendations for W10 Start Menu replacements

Discus and support Need Proven Recommendations for W10 Start Menu replacements in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I also use Start10, here is what it look like: Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Skodd, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Skodd Win User

Need Proven Recommendations for W10 Start Menu replacements

I also use Start10, here is what it look like:

Skodd, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Compumind Win User

Hey all -

I read that Classic Shell is no longer in development, but turned over to Sourceforge (open source.)
    Start 10 (Stardock) is OK, but I really like my Win XP flyout menu which it doesn't really implement.

Is there anything else of high quality and reliability that is constantly updated?

TIA!

*chuckle

:)

Compumind, Apr 19, 2018
  3. BRING BACK W10 START MENU

Classic Shell START MENU... INSTALLED JUST AFTER UPGRADED 81->10

HOW DISABLE IT AND TRY W10 TILES START MENU...?BRING BACK W10 START MENU

Lse123polis, Apr 19, 2018
  4. Need Proven Recommendations for W10 Start Menu replacements

WMC options after W10 upgrade

Thank you for the response, but I've read the official release that detailed Microsofts DVD software. My question concerned the capability of watching live television through WMC. Does Miscrosoft offer a software package for this capability or will I
    have to use a third party application? If so, is there a recommended third party distributor that has been tested and proven to work in W10? I've never researched this prior because windows always offered the feature in WMC.

El_Jefe_915A, Apr 19, 2018
  5. Clintlgm Win User
    Well, Classic Shell has always been open source the author and caretaker took it to his own website for a few years. He no longer has the desire to continue with effort and time. So he returned it to Soundforge and closed his own page on it.

Were all hoping someone will take up Classic Shell again I personally would pay for it if someone does. In the meantime, I will continue using it until it no longer works.

I guess since its open source no one want to invest any money or time in something they don't think they can't make money on?

Clintlgm, Apr 19, 2018
  6. Try3 Win User
    Compumind,

You can create a menu system of your own that has XP-style flyout submenus using Taskbar toolbars - here are some examples

Need Proven Recommendations for W10 Start Menu replacements [​IMG]

You need to set it up yourself in the first instance and can always jiggle it about as your needs change. I have been using these for several years and I would no longer even consider any alternative.

See Add Taskbar Toolbars - TenForums

Denis

7. Compumind Win User
    @Try3 -

Thanks. I am looking for something a bit more ornate, but I appreciate your contribution! *Smile

Compumind, Apr 19, 2018
  8. Need Proven Recommendations for W10 Start Menu replacements

storageman, Apr 19, 2018
  9. Gordon7 Win User
    Gordon7, Apr 20, 2018
  10. I also use StartIsBack and find it to be a good alternative to Start10.

Mark Phelps, Apr 22, 2018
  11. EdTittel Win User
    I've been using Stardock's Start10 (used to be Start8) since Win8 first came out. It costs $4-5 a copy and works like a champ. Another one worth investigating.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

Need Proven Recommendations for W10 Start Menu replacements

1. Need Proven Recommendations for W10 Start Menu replacements - Similar Threads - Need Proven Recommendations

2. Recommended section in the start menu is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recommended section in the start menu is blank: There's just one app in my start menu recommended section suddenly, and it's always just one app. Why? How to resolve this issue?Start menu recommended section is turned on...
  3. Recommended section in the start menu is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommended section in the start menu is blank: There's just one app in my start menu recommended section suddenly, and it's always just one app. Why? How to resolve this issue?Start menu recommended section is turned on...
  4. w10 start menu in w11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 start menu in w11: Is there any way that I can get start menu like w10 in w11 now? Not Start11 or StartAllBack, those apps only mess up things. It's been quite a while I run onto w11, but still, I am missing the start menu in w10 every day. Mainly because all my program folders are directly...
  5. w10 start menu in w11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w10 start menu in w11: Is there any way that I can get start menu like w10 in w11 now? Not Start11 or StartAllBack, those apps only mess up things. It's been quite a while I run onto w11, but still, I am missing the start menu in w10 every day. Mainly because all my program folders are directly...
  6. Problem in the start menu on W10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in the start menu on W10: Hello everyone, I have Windows 10 PRO updated to may update and subsequent patches. In the last few days, an annoying problem is happening to me. When I turn on the PC and enter into Windows, the start menu is not selectable (in the sense that I click on the windows icon...
  7. Start menu not working in w10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not working in w10: I try to pin apps to the start menu and no allow me, didn't pin the app, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-working-in-w10/9d909121-0385-48d5-ab5a-d3c5de8a1c32
  8. Recommended protection for W10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recommended protection for W10?: I'm currently using MalwareBytes Anti Malware + Super Anti Spyware + Microsoft Essentials. What other combinations are you guys using? I haven't updated it for quite some time. 55858
  9. Desktop replaced by start menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop replaced by start menu: Hi, recently my computer has been acting up. I believe I hit a shortcut on my keyboard by accident, because now my taskbar is black, and trying to access my desktop will redirect me to the start screen. Pressing the Windows key yields the same effect, bringing to the...
  10. Start Menu Will Replace Start Screen in Threshold

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu Will Replace Start Screen in Threshold: Not an option, but rather a new thing Paul Thurrott To date, our understanding of the new Start menu that's coming in "Threshold," the next major Windows release that may or may not be called Windows 9 when it ships next year, is that it would augment the existing Start...