Windows 10: Need some assistance with missing functions

Discus and support Need some assistance with missing functions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After a month or so of using Windows 10 I noticed several functions were no longer working. I reinstalled it last night. It took forever and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mama1050, Oct 1, 2015.

1. mama1050 Win User

Need some assistance with missing functions

After a month or so of using Windows 10 I noticed several functions were no longer working. I reinstalled it last night. It took forever and the functions were still not working. Tonight I contact live chat support and was on with them from 7:30 pm to 11:30. First rep stated that I had lost my free installation. Then we got disconnected. Contacted them again and guy tried to help me but then we got disconnected. Finally got someone that told me my windows 10 account was activated after she remotely checked my computer. However she said she could not tell me why some functions were no longer working. My issues are:

Cannot find settings
    Cortana does not work
    Search does not work
    Lost Edge
    Lost applications
    Could not log into my MSN without going through Foxfire

Anybody have any ideas. Seems like my start menu is not working completely.

:)

mama1050, Oct 1, 2015

2. Cortana needs some assistance?

Heellloooow,

Here you go! I'm here, telling Cortana : ''Hey you human-wannabe (joking), launch Dota 2''. And she offers me to launch several executables without any of them being the one I want.

My question is : Is there any way I can show Cortana (through Windows or by coding) the path to particular executable to fit with a particular command I choose.

For example : I'd like to link ''Dota 2'' with the path : D/Games/SteamApps/common/dota 2 beta/dota.exe

If not, then is it planned to add this feature in a following update? (I mean, really, Microsoft, I would be very disapointed if you didn't ... )

HalNeinberg, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Need some assistance to my new N97

Okay thanks

thomsen323, Oct 1, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi mama1050,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Have you tried checking your system files?

axe0, Oct 1, 2015
  5. Also don't forget the space between sfc /scannow

hTconeM9user, Oct 1, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Not needed with System File Checker, you can type it in one line: Code: sfc/scannow[/quote]

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  7. mama1050 Win User
    axe0: I don't even know how to get to the admin command prompt. I am not very computer savy. Can you tell me where it is?

mama1050, Oct 1, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

In the search function, search "command prompt" (without quotes).
    When you see command prompt in the results, right click on the command prompt and click "Run as administrator", if prompted click yes / allow.

axe0, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need some assistance with missing functions - Similar Threads - Need assistance missing

2. In need of some assistance about my pc for gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In need of some assistance about my pc for gaming: My build:Ram: 64gb of DDR4 Ram 37000GHzCPU: Intel 11th Gen i7-11700f 2.50 ghzGraphics: Nvidia 4070 Overclock CompatibleModelStorage: 3.8TbPSU: 750So I just wanna know what I’m doing wrong. I’m trying to do some heavy gaming but can’t figure out what I need to upgrade. I have...
  3. I need some assistance with BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some assistance with BSOD.: Ever since W10 auto updated my pc in late October this year, I've bin getting nonstop bsod. It was working fine never had any problems till now, had it for a year since I built it. I tried everything from scans to repairs memory checks driver updates and even restore points....
  4. I need some assistance with BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need some assistance with BSOD.: Ever since W10 auto updated my pc in late October this year, I've bin getting nonstop bsod. It was working fine never had any problems till now, had it for a year since I built it. I tried everything from scans to repairs memory checks driver updates and even restore points....
  5. I need some assistance with BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Help I need some assistance.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help I need some assistance.: The one at the bottom right is annoying me, I kept on doing what it needs to but keeps on appearing. How can I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-i-need-some-assistance/7db962b9-2aed-44da-aff0-7efa19e5326e
  7. I Need Some Assistance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Need Some Assistance: [ATTACH] Hello, I don't know why but my C drive is always running out of space and I don't know why. I even changed the place where new content is saved under the Change were new content is saved section but it always gets back up to near full nothing i seem to do works....
  8. I need some assistance

I need some assistance: I’ve been having a problem with the windows 10 20h2 64bit update it’s constantly failing to update does anyone have a fix? submitted by /u/glowingE [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k3xqin/i_need_some_assistance/
  9. Need some assist with windows 10 lock scrren

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need some assist with windows 10 lock scrren: I came across an issue with Windows 10, I am wondering if someone can assist me on it. I have a windows 10 Version 1903, two Monitor setups on a VMware environment with the latest update. The computer function properly with no issue, but when one of my end user Manual lock...
  10. I need some assistance.

I need some assistance.: Normally I wouldn't care to ask anyone for help because I want to try to do/fix stuff myself but this has me stumped. I never worried about windows updating bc I never had any need to but I tried to download the xbox application to my PC and it requires version 1903, I'm...