Windows 10: Need Some Ethernet Cable Advice

Discus and support Need Some Ethernet Cable Advice in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Currently have two different sets of cables. Thinking about making all 6 the same "CAT". Oldest equipment is the 2 year old Modem/Router. Next is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wiley Coyote, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Need Some Ethernet Cable Advice

Currently have two different sets of cables. Thinking about making all 6 the same "CAT". Oldest equipment is the 2 year old Modem/Router. Next is the HP Officejet Pro 6830 and the rest is new equipment.

Question is CAT 5e of 6 cables?

Look forward to your recommendations. Thanks up front.

:)

Wiley Coyote, Apr 25, 2017

2. Will a new laptop need the new update?

Some advice regarding large downloads and laptops.

Are you using an ethernet cable or wireless to connect your computer to the router? An ethernet cable connection is faster and more reliable for large downloads. An ethernet cable is an inexpensive purchase.

Connect to a mains electricity supply if your computer is a laptop.

Gerry C J Cornell, Apr 25, 2017
  3. need some advice....

o.k...so 5700 need an anti virus....will it come with an anti virus?

and how about the music player? have the music player improve?

calvin_0---01, Apr 25, 2017
  4. Need Some Ethernet Cable Advice

TairikuOkami, Apr 25, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you go with CAT6 cables realize that all the connectors are just as important as the cable. I use bulk CAT6 cable from Home Depot, usually hoping to find some left over cuts of cable on their bargain rack. I also use the Ideal Cat6 plugs from Home Depot that are about $18 for 25. If you are doing wall plate or other jacks, they need to be rated for CAT6 as well.

NavyLCDR, Apr 25, 2017
  6. Thanks recommendation and advice.

I can see what you are both saying.

Hadn't thought about HD. I was going to order them online. I can do HD on my next trip to Wally World. In fact I can drop off "Someone" at WW, run get my cables, and be back way before she's thru wandering around shopping.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 25, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yep, Home Depot has EVERYTHING you need to set up home networking. They even have routers! You will pay a little bit more, but at least you know exactly what you are getting.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Need Some Ethernet Cable Advice

1. Need Some Ethernet Cable Advice - Similar Threads - Need Ethernet Cable

2. Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable: Hello, my name is ElavI wanted to ask, that if I connect Ethernet cable to my laptop, then does it affect my electricity bills? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-cable/9bcfa1f8-5599-41c6-846a-53fc7ecb37fb
  3. Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable: Hello, my name is ElavI wanted to ask, that if I connect Ethernet cable to my laptop, then does it affect my electricity bills? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-cable/9bcfa1f8-5599-41c6-846a-53fc7ecb37fb
  4. Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Need some technical advice here

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some technical advice here: So I created a user using Microsoft Family. I am currently using Microsoft Edge as the default browser. I have the browser signed in to an account for safe-search reasons so the kids aren't doing things they shouldn't. They get around it by simply signing out of the browser....
  6. I need some advice please

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I need some advice please: I'm shopping for a new laptop and I wonder if it's a good to pay extra the nvidia rtx 2070 instead of nvidia gtx 1650 ti? Thank you I would appreciate you opinion win 19042. 630 170618
  7. I need some advice?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need some advice?: Well, I have been programming a bot for GTA Online for a while now. This allows you to stay online, create single lobbies and mute the GTA window. My question: Can I get in trouble for that, because I basically exploit security holes. Be a bit scared after what happened to...
  8. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  9. Going to W10, need some advice.

in Windows 10 Support
    Going to W10, need some advice.: Going to W10, need some advice. Hi, Currently running W7 Pro32 bit MSI I5 laptop & use it mainly for managing our Retirement funds, Healthcare along with research, learning about what's going on in the world today. I'm a retired busn Mgr & have been using PC's since the...
  10. Need Some Graphic Card advice

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need Some Graphic Card advice: My pc's cards fan after 4 years just started making a whinning noise I don't know if I could take it out and grease the fan or not but I would rather just get a new card......Say $100 or less....And I'm not a gamer. My pc is a 2013 HP P-6 2400T / Intel 3.1 CPU / 12 gb's...