Windows 10: Need someone to identify this esd file

Discus and support Need someone to identify this esd file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home, version 1803 build 17134.81 Upon opening my C drive, I found a ESD folder: [img] Upon opening the esd folder, I found this...….... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davidhk, Jun 9, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

Need someone to identify this esd file

Windows 10 Home, version 1803 build 17134.81

Upon opening my C drive, I found a ESD folder:

Need someone to identify this esd file [​IMG]

Upon opening the esd folder, I found this...….

Need someone to identify this esd file [​IMG]

Please note the Date of the Setup Properties.

How can I tell which esd file is that ?

Is that the April 2018 Update (ver 1803) esd file ?

:)

davidhk, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Missing ESD

Hi,

To assist you better, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Have you tried any changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to check the files in your Recycle bin?
    • May we know what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know what ESD file are you trying to create? Is it for Windows 10 update?

Regards.

Marby Rey, Jun 10, 2018
  3. nancy3243 Win User
    ESD Folder

Someone somewhere should be able to enlighten me with the purpose of this folder. From what little I know it got created from my last force-able download from Windows 10. Somehow many of my normal files disappeared from my C Drive and I am now trying to
    copy and paste from the ESD folder. Windows does not support any help with this and suggested I find a good company to try and fix this horrendous problem.

My simple question is when Windows decides to drop another new installation does it delete the existing files located in my ESD file?

Does it then create new files into an empty ESD folder?

Any help or knowledge would be so appreciated before I go crazy.

nancy3243, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

Need someone to identify this esd file

1. Need someone to identify this esd file - Similar Threads - Need someone identify

2. Need help identifying DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION from .DMP File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help identifying DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION from .DMP File: Ever since I upgraded my computer, my PC keeps getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION's every time I stream on discord. This Began Since I Upgraded my CPU and motherboard. I tried looking at a .DMP file via WinDbg but I just cant understand what its trying to tell me, can anyone help...
  3. My PC can't identify the ESD-USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC can't identify the ESD-USB device: I try to find a solution from the internet, but on one can help. So I come here.I use the Windows official tool to make my Sandisk thumb drive16GB Cruzer Blader as an installation media.And it works, the USB device was renamed as ESD-USB.But when I plug in this device agaist...
  4. My PC can't identify the ESD-USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC can't identify the ESD-USB device: I try to find a solution from the internet, but on one can help. So I come here.I use the Windows official tool to make my Sandisk thumb drive16GB Cruzer Blader as an installation media.And it works, the USB device was renamed as ESD-USB.But when I plug in this device agaist...
  5. My PC can't identify the ESD-USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Can someone identify this background process?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can someone identify this background process?: Hi, I'm just going through my background processes in Task Manager and there is something I cannot identify and Google search resulted in nothing; the name of the process is SHA1:0xaf1a342b, I was suspecting I have some kind of a keylogger, could this be related?...
  7. ESD File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ESD File: Hey there! I have downloaded an esd file of windows 10 2004 update. I have to clean install my laptop. Should I convert esd file into iso and then install it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-file/e6d50484-88cb-4821-be51-dba1adb957e9
  8. ESD file

ESD file: In the $windows.~WS folder and then Sources there is a file Installx64.esd can that be used to create a ISO file that can be burned to do an Install? also would rufus be able to create a bootable usb? thanks. Shipinomore 30057
  9. Saving the esd file

Saving the esd file: Hi When Windows 10 downloads a new build from Windows Update, how can I save the esd file to create an installation DVD running on each computer? Thanks Bye 9142
  10. Command to decrypt an esd file

in Windows 10 Support
    Command to decrypt an esd file: Hi When Windows 10 downloads an esd file with Windows Update, before installing it, Windows must decrypt it. What command used to do this? Thanks Bye 20084