Windows 10: Need to access a Hyper-V feature -- don't know where to find it.

Discus and support Need to access a Hyper-V feature -- don't know where to find it. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; After years of using VMWare for my virtual machines, I decided this weekend to learn how to implement Hyper-V on my Windows 10 laptop. C'mon....free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by radiohowie, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Need to access a Hyper-V feature -- don't know where to find it.

After years of using VMWare for my virtual machines, I decided this weekend to learn how to implement Hyper-V on my Windows 10 laptop. C'mon....free software is always a good thing, right?

Just one minor problem...after creating a virtual machine, installing the OS and then tweaking it to my satisfaction, I am unable to find a command to run this little gem...

Need to access a Hyper-V feature -- don't know where to find it. [​IMG]

It's the "Connection Configuration" program. So I can get "guest" audio on my "host" PC and to be able to map host drives to my guest. I can't seem to find anywhere a simple button or check-box to select to run this program. As it is right now, it just magically "appears" every now and then on the guest machine when I start it up. Had to play with Hyper-V on my laptop for over an hour before it finally appeared and I could capture an image for this post.

If someone could share their knowledge of how to bring this configurator up when I want it to appear, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Thanks...

:)

radiohowie, Dec 10, 2017

2. Since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - Constant High CPU Usage from System, ICS, Firewall, CoreMessaging and Filter Motor

Folks i had te same issue, solved by removing Hyper-V feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Roberto Rodrigues, Dec 10, 2017
  3. JitheshC Win User
    Disabling Hyper V

When I try to run an Oracle VM it shows the error VT-x is disabled. I enabled the option in BIOS and the error still persists. I came across some posts where it showed that disabling/uninstalling the Hyper V feature helped resolve the issue.

The Hyper V feature does not show up under the Add/Remove windows features. I run the Home Version of Windows 10 and Hyper V is not a feature supposed to be available for this OS version. However the services were visible and I stopped them.

Need help to disable the Hyper V feature or any other workaround.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

JitheshC, Dec 10, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Need to access a Hyper-V feature -- don't know where to find it.

This only appears if guest OS is capable of running in enhanced mode. This pretty much excludes any OS rather than Windows and also excludes Windows Home. You also need to enable remote desktop on guest OS (which is why Home cannot run in enhanced mode).

You can get round disk access issues by setting up network shares on host and using network from File explorer.

I know no way of activating audio from a basic session. @Kari can probably verify this.

The vmconnect profiles if saved appear in hidden folder

C:\Users\MW\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V\Client\1.0

If you delete profile, the screen you are looking for pops up next time you restart Hyper-V vm.

cereberus, Dec 10, 2017
Thema:

Need to access a Hyper-V feature -- don't know where to find it.

1. Need to access a Hyper-V feature -- don't know where to find it. - Similar Threads - Need access Hyper

2. Hyper-V not showing up in the features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V not showing up in the features: hello I have a problem with Hyper-V not showing up in the features.I have virtualization enabled on the bios.I tried even on the powershellas administrator with the commandEnable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -AllBut got this...
  3. Hyper-V not showing in windows features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V not showing in windows features.: hello I have a problem with Hyper-V not showing up in the features.I have virtualization enabled on the bios.I tried even on the powershellas administrator with the command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -AllBut got this...
  4. Hyper-V not showing in windows features.

Hyper-V not showing in windows features.: hello I have a problem with Hyper-V not showing up in the features.I have virtualization enabled on the bios.I tried even on the powershellas administrator with the command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -AllBut got this...
  5. Hyper-V and Containers not in Windows Features

Hyper-V and Containers not in Windows Features: I tried working with Docker on my desktop, on trying to turn on some windows features, I noticed that hyper -v and containers are not available on my windows features. I don't know why, Is there a way I can resolve this?Do I need to do any extra installations on my system, if...
  6. Hyper-V is missing in windows feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V is missing in windows feature: I check on "windows feature" folder and seemed to be missing. Then go on windows powerShell to type "dism.exe /Online /Enable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V /All" and the result saying Install the latest PowerShell for new features and improvements! https://aka.ms/PSWindows....
  7. Hyper-V Internet Access

Hyper-V Internet Access: Please, is there anyone out there that can help me with connecting a Hyper-V virtual machine to the internet? I have now tried everything possible and read everything I could find on the internet, but still my VMs refuse to connect to the internet. What am I still doing...
  8. Hyper-v feature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper-v feature: Hello, I am using Hyper-v to create virtual machines windows/linux for testing I did enroled to a class and we have to use virtualBox to import ready machines *.ovf files for our training and labs. I did disable Hyper-v feature in my windows but all Hyper-v network...
  9. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  10. I don't know where yo find this

I don't know where yo find this: Done a system/image restore to fix out word. It never fixed it. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance. We cant connect to https:,'/d.docs.live.net/443ed33c705aae44/Drew's PowerPoint With videos/Drew Sommerville PowerPoint With Videos. ppsx' Please make...
Tags: