Windows 10: Need to add a sata drive to a duel boot system

Discus and support Need to add a sata drive to a duel boot system in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have windows 10 and windows 7 on a duel boot configuration.I have three drives designated to windows 10.I'm using windows 7 pro 64 bit for gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Raner, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Raner Win User

Need to add a sata drive to a duel boot system

Hi, I have windows 10 and windows 7 on a duel boot configuration.I have three drives designated to windows 10.I'm using windows 7 pro 64 bit for gaming only, But I'm running out of storage space. So I want to add a 500 GB sata drive I have in my desk drawer to windows 7.Windows 7 is installed in it's own ssd drive named windows 7. I want to name the driveI want to add, Windows 7 Drive 2 because of the drive letters changes that occur when bootingup on the different OS's.What would be the simplest way to accomplish this...Thanks...

:)

Raner, Dec 26, 2017
  2. romrot Win User

Why is windows 10 so slow?

I have a duel boot system with Ubuntu and Windows. Ubuntu goes to the login in less than 30 seconds, windows 10 goes to login screen in like 5 minutes. so why does windows just suck so much?

BTW

RAM is 8 GB

CPU is AMD A10-5800K APU 3.8 GHz(quite old, but still a fast processor)

Hard drive typical SATA 500 GB 7200 RPM

I don't get why it takes so long to turn on

romrot, Dec 26, 2017
  3. Windows 10 activation on a duel boot system with Windows 7

I have install Windows 10 into a seperate partition on my hard drive, so that I can run windows 10 and Windows 7. In eggect a duel boot stytem. My question is how do I activate Windows 10 ? Every time that I have tried, it asks me for a product activation
    key. Please help

MarkBlakey, Dec 26, 2017
  4. Need to add a sata drive to a duel boot system

Simply plug the extra HDD into the PC with a SATA-cable, make sure it's a SLAVE drive (not MASTER!). Or you can buy a HDD housing, put the HDD in there and plug it in via USB cable into your PC.

Just my 2 cents! *Smile

RingTailCoon, Dec 26, 2017
  5. Raner Win User
    That is about as simple as it gets...Thanks Ring Tail...

Raner, Dec 26, 2017
  6. The handy raccoon thanks you! -shakes paws!- :3

RingTailCoon, Dec 26, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
    There is no Master or Slave with SATA drives. Rather, there is the Windows Boot drive and any Secondary drives.
    Plug the data cable for this drive in the back of the drive and plug the other end into the motherboard SATA port. Plug the power plug in from the PSU. If you are not booting from this drive, Start the computer and boot into Setup (Bios) here under the Main, or System Information area, make sure this "new" HDD is listed. If you do not see the drive, make sure the SATA port that you plugged the drive into on the motherboard is Enabled.
    Then go over to the Boot Tab. Make sure this HDD is lower in the boot order and not first or near the top. Save and Exit. When computer starts, it will load the default Windows you chose to boot from, and it will list this new drive as a Secondary HDD with the next available Drive letter. If you don't need the files on this drive and want to use it for Storage drive then you can Format it NTFS and copy any files or Game Saves to this drive.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Need to add a sata drive to a duel boot system

1. Need to add a sata drive to a duel boot system - Similar Threads - Need add sata

2. duel hard drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duel hard drives: Can i run Windows 11 and on another external hard drive Run Windows Vista ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duel-hard-drives/a9df93cc-3bc2-4d77-903c-979ae4d3b645
  3. duel hard drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duel hard drives: Can i run Windows 11 and on another external hard drive Run Windows Vista ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duel-hard-drives/a9df93cc-3bc2-4d77-903c-979ae4d3b645
  4. duel boot windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duel boot windows: I have insalled ubuntu and by mistake removed windows. Can someone tell me how to duel boot windows and ubuntu after installing ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duel-boot-windows/044dd64b-9bf8-4edc-96e4-36061079d44a
  5. duel boot windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duel boot windows: I have insalled ubuntu and by mistake removed windows. Can someone tell me how to duel boot windows and ubuntu after installing ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duel-boot-windows/044dd64b-9bf8-4edc-96e4-36061079d44a
  6. duel boot windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Duel boot problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duel boot problem: I have installed Ubuntu 20.04 along with Windows 10 pro. Unfortunately, after installing Ubuntu I am facing a wired problem. If I restart from Ubuntu and try to boot into Windows, it does not boot, all lights are on, the fan is on, but the screen goes black! Then I need to...
  8. Need Help From Anyone To Create A Duel Boot System

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help From Anyone To Create A Duel Boot System: Hey everyone, I joined this group as I need a step by step guidance to duel boot my system with already having Windows 10 Pro installed. I want Windows 7 in my system too with Windows 10. I own an original copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. Doing this mainly so I get to play my...
  9. Accidentally put my system on duel boot is this bad?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally put my system on duel boot is this bad?: I am not sure if this would be the right sub. But I bought a new ssd 2 months ago and tried making it my new boot drive. And I think I accidentally have a duel boot system. Both of my drivers have windows on it. My bios has one drive set to boot. While windows detects the...
  10. Help with duel boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with duel boot: I have a duel boot configured on my laptop. Windows 10 and Ubuntu. right now the Ubuntu Boot loader has taken charge and if I catch it in time It defaults to Ubuntu. so I have to actually log int Ubuntu then Log Out and restart and watch as it boots and catch it to select...