Windows 10: Need to change language on the Window calendar at the bottom right corner of the task bar

Discus and support Need to change language on the Window calendar at the bottom right corner of the task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My new computer has Windows 10 in English except for the calendar on the bottom right of the task bar. All my settings are in the Region of the United... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichDavis73, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Need to change language on the Window calendar at the bottom right corner of the task bar

My new computer has Windows 10 in English except for the calendar on the bottom right of the task bar. All my settings are in the Region of the United States and in English. Everything in Windows 10 is in English except for the calendar. Also, the time is set to 24 hour time and I am accustom to reading the time in AM PM 12 hour time.

I have chatted with 3 different Microsoft technicians and rebooted my computer 3 times with different solutions that did not work. Please help me to set the language in English on the calendar and also set the time to 12 hour time. At this point, Windows 10 will not give me the option to change the time or language settings in that feature.

:)

RichDavis73, Jul 21, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Mail Language Changed

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

• Have you made any other changes to the computer prior to the issue other than changing the primary language to French?
    • Did you change the keyboard, regional and language settings to Chinese?
    Step 1: Follow the steps to uninstall app.

a. Right click the app that you want to uninstall.

b. Click on Uninstall in the task bar.

c. Then click on Uninstall button.

Note: Once you uninstall Messaging apps all these apps will get uninstall automatically Mail, Calendar, People and Messaging once you install any one app in Mail, Calendar, People and Messaging all four will install automatically.

Step 2: Follow the steps to reinstall App

a. Click on Store in Windows 8 User Interface page.

b. Search for the app that you are looking for and click on the app and install it.

Hope it helps. For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.

Regards!

Ruth Buruga, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Need to change language on the Window calendar at the bottom right corner of the task bar

change display language

/Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if you are able to change the language in the lock screen by following the steps below:

• In the lock screen click on the last icon from the right.
    • Select English from the menu.

If this option is not available, in the lock screen, hold the Windows key and use Space bar key to change language.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Need to change language on the Window calendar at the bottom right corner of the task bar

1. Need to change language on the Window calendar at the bottom right corner of the task bar - Similar Threads - Need change language

2. Calendar Widget bottom right corner won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar Widget bottom right corner won't open: I don't know why it doesn't open, don't know what I did. Nothing I found online helped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-widget-bottom-right-corner-wont-open/d343cf42-e6d7-40c7-b11f-2f77b1bf3a4d
  3. Calendar Widget bottom right corner won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar Widget bottom right corner won't open: I don't know why it doesn't open, don't know what I did. Nothing I found online helped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-widget-bottom-right-corner-wont-open/d343cf42-e6d7-40c7-b11f-2f77b1bf3a4d
  4. Ads in bottom right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads in bottom right corner of the screen: showing ads on win 11 laptop right side corneranyone have solution for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-in-bottom-right-corner-of-the-screen/3479ae94-6cf9-450b-8958-273687a6b6b4
  5. Ads in bottom right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ads in bottom right corner of the screen: showing ads on win 11 laptop right side corneranyone have solution for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-in-bottom-right-corner-of-the-screen/3479ae94-6cf9-450b-8958-273687a6b6b4
  6. Circle icon in bottom right corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Circle icon in bottom right corner: Since i updated windows i have a strange circle icon that is always there on every app i open. photoshop, c4d, netflix, ... I can't click on it and i don't know what is is. If I want to take a screenshot of it, it is not visible on the screenshot. It looks like a circle...
  7. task bar right bottom is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task bar right bottom is not working: in task bar right bottom no icon is working as well as in settings also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-right-bottom-is-not-working/11d9fdf2-eddc-48ab-94a0-5a9474bd351e
  8. Clicking the 'Show Desktop' at the bottom right corner of the task bar should affect only...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking the 'Show Desktop' at the bottom right corner of the task bar should affect only...: submitted by /u/BlingBlingGarchomp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9sxx6/clicking_the_show_desktop_at_the_bottom_right/
  9. task bar on right side, not bottom of screen

task bar on right side, not bottom of screen: OK, recent "upgrades" moved the task bar to the side. Tried to get used to it, but requires more clicks, is a hassle for me. Called MS support, agent came onto my computer, put task bar back to bottom. Tried to follow what he did, could not duplicate. I said, will it stay...
  10. bottom task bar..

bottom task bar..: windows 10 another problem... I've had so many glitches since windows 10 driving me mad..little annoying things pointer kept disappearing half way thru a project , then calculator , the foto app lost all my pics. .various niggly problems . today the bottom task bar wont...