Windows 10: Need To Change MSU.EXE Drfault App Settings

Discus and support Need To Change MSU.EXE Drfault App Settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [img] My default settings for windows (Windows 10 x64 1803) update (*.msu) is Microsoft Word. How can I change the default to the windows "wusa.exe"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by caxtin, May 23, 2018.

1. caxtin Win User

Need To Change MSU.EXE Drfault App Settings

Need To Change MSU.EXE Drfault App Settings [​IMG]

My default settings for windows (Windows 10 x64 1803) update (*.msu) is Microsoft Word.
    How can I change the default to the windows "wusa.exe" update extractor/installer?

Thanks

:)

caxtin, May 23, 2018

2. Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 29, 2018
  3. how do i change the font size?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Go to settings and click on system.
    • Under display tab there's a slider on this page that you can use to change the size of text, apps and other items.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Need To Change MSU.EXE Drfault App Settings

1. Need To Change MSU.EXE Drfault App Settings - Similar Threads - Need Change MSU

2. *.exe icons changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *.exe icons changed: I am running Windows 11. All of my *.exe files have turned into this iconI have deleted the following files:%LOCALAPPDATA%\IconCache.db%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\icon*.db, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumb*.dbI have also run "sfc /scannow" which...
  3. *.exe icons changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *.exe icons changed: I am running Windows 11. All of my *.exe files have turned into this iconI have deleted the following files:%LOCALAPPDATA%\IconCache.db%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\icon*.db, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumb*.dbI have also run "sfc /scannow" which...
  4. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file": I came home today and tried to open my browser and am met with this If anyone has an idea please help, I cant open anything on my pc with out it saying this message box, games and regular desktop apps. But if i right click and run as admin it'll start, weird right?...
  5. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

"You'll need a new app to open this .exe file": I came home today and tried to open my browser and am met with this If anyone has an idea please help, I cant open anything on my pc with out it saying this message box, games and regular desktop apps. But if i right click and run as admin it'll start, weird right?...
  6. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. downloaded .msu file available for

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    downloaded .msu file available for: Hi, We're looking for a way to update machines from whatever version they are on to the new 20H2 update as fast as possible. This is in a business scenario, but users haven't had connection to our windows update server since they're all working from home, and we're looking...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You'll need a new app to open this .exe file: A couple of things, firstly I am unable to open ANY application unless I run as administrator, or else "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file" appears. This dialogue box also appears every now and then which is insanely annoying. I am unable to open apps on the...
  9. need to change registry settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to change registry settings: I can't set my network as metered connection. I wanna know how to set registry I am using fresh install of Windows 10 pro. I wanna know from step 1. Sorry for wrong English....
  10. Change icon for .exe

Change icon for .exe: I am using Windows 10 Home 64 and want to change the .exe icon for a program I have. If I go to properties there is no way to do this so how is this done in Windows 10 without creating a shortcut or another program? I used to be able to do this before Windows 10. Also there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change msu to appx