Windows 10: Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu.

Discus and support Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to change the size of a tile on the Start Menu in Windows 10. The right click option only offers "small and medium" not the large option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JAMES HUDSON, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu.

I need to change the size of a tile on the Start Menu in Windows 10. The right click option only offers "small and medium" not the large option. Secondly, I would like to be able to change the picture on each specific tile so I can better personalise it.

Thanks in advance.
    J

:)

JAMES HUDSON, Sep 19, 2015
  2. mccainmw Win User

Start menu tiles for Office have 2 styles; how do you control which you get on Windows 10?

Thank you for posting this solution. It was annoying me how one computer had it colored and the other didn't. Your solution worked great!

mccainmw, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Start menu tiles for Office have 2 styles; how do you control which you get on Windows 10?

I found a way to fix this problem. As detailed at
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-ways-hack-customize-windows-10-start-menu/

Right-click the tile, select Open file location, then ... right click the file, select
    Properties, in the Shortcut tab click Change Icon…, and select a given icon or
    Browse… for an alternative one on your computer.

You don't even need to change the icon image. you can just re-select the current one. The colored background appears in the tile and the icon image size increases to the size it should be.

I still don't know why the tile images were messed up in the first place, but this provides a way of fixing the problem.

Mickey Segal, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu.

1. Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu. - Similar Threads - Need change tile

2. Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu: Hello, Here is my start menu: [img] I cannot find how to make the icons for apps larger. For no apparent reason, the Opera Browser icon (the actual icon, not the blue tile) is larger than, say, the Adobe apps. And the 'Live Tile' icons are lovely and fill the tile. Is...
  3. Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.: I've googled and binged, I've Duck souped and magellaned.... Surely Microsoft isn't so dimwitted so as to not provide the opportunity to set a default tile size (I prefer small) for start menu tiles. Or the ability to mass-resize (shift-click - something) so that the start...
  4. Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?

Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?: Hello, I've been searching for a while but I couldn't find sufficient answers on how to do this. Is there a tutorial to manually make and set tile icons for 3rd party programs that fill up the tiles as a whole just like Store app icons, without using any editing...
  5. Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??

Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??: Win 10 x64 Small size icons are getting cropped .. See the image.... Any ideas on how to fix...?? Edit: I'm on latest build 10240.. Funny...It was back to normal on a reboot and now again cropped..*Tongue 8977
  6. Changing Start Menu Icons?

Changing Start Menu Icons?: How can I go about changing the look of this ugly Dead Space 3 icon to look as nice as the others? Is this even possible? [img] 70793
  7. Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10

Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10: Win 10 gives two 'Resize' options for icons/tiles on the start menu when you add something via 'Pin to Start'. These sizes are 'Small' and 'Medium'. Does anyone know if there is a very small option at all? 62749
  8. Changing the Start Menu Tile Side

Changing the Start Menu Tile Side: I have basically given up hope that Microsoft will return the Windows 7 (and before) Start Menu back where it belongs. So I want to play their game and try to modify the tile side. I see that programs that I pin to the Start menu go to the very bottom of the tiles. I added a...
  9. Start menu tiles reverted to the browser icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles reverted to the browser icon: A couple weeks ago my Windows 10 had a big update. When the computer restarted, my START menu icons (maybe they are called tiles) reverted to to the browser icon. This happened to most tiles in my START menu, which opened a website. See the screen shot below. All of these...
  10. Changing Names on Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Names on Start Menu tiles: I have searched all over for a simple method of changing the names on start menu tiles, especially the ones relating to websites etc. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to come up with a simple "right-click on tile" solution which would allow you to change the properties of the...