Windows 10: Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu.

Discus and support Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to change the size of a tile on the Start Menu in Windows 10. The right click option only offers "small and medium" not the large option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JAMES HUDSON, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu.

I need to change the size of a tile on the Start Menu in Windows 10. The right click option only offers "small and medium" not the large option. Secondly, I would like to be able to change the picture on each specific tile so I can better personalise it.

Thanks in advance.
    J

:)

JAMES HUDSON, Sep 19, 2015
  2. mccainmw Win User

Start menu tiles for Office have 2 styles; how do you control which you get on Windows 10?

Thank you for posting this solution. It was annoying me how one computer had it colored and the other didn't. Your solution worked great!

mccainmw, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Start menu tiles for Office have 2 styles; how do you control which you get on Windows 10?

I found a way to fix this problem. As detailed at
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-ways-hack-customize-windows-10-start-menu/

Right-click the tile, select Open file location, then ... right click the file, select
    Properties, in the Shortcut tab click Change Icon…, and select a given icon or
    Browse… for an alternative one on your computer.

You don't even need to change the icon image. you can just re-select the current one. The colored background appears in the tile and the icon image size increases to the size it should be.

I still don't know why the tile images were messed up in the first place, but this provides a way of fixing the problem.

Mickey Segal, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu.

1. Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu. - Similar Threads - Need change tile

2. Change the colour of a tile in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the colour of a tile in the start menu?: Hey, So I tried to pin the Elite Dangerous launcher to my start menu, turns out to be white or very light grey, which breaks the entire grey / dark scheme I have going on. I tried creating an 'EDLaunch.VisualElementsManifest.xml' with these parameters; <Application...
  3. Start Menu Tile Blank After Changing Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tile Blank After Changing Icon: I have an Access shortcut to my database which I store in the Users....Star Menu/Startup. The tile in the start menu is blank when I unpin it and then repin it with the new icon. I even changed it back to the default icon and it didn't help. Now I must re-create the...
  4. How to change Start menu tile icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Start menu tile icon: I want to change the Settings tile to the new 10X settings icon. Can you help me with this? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpt37v/how_to_change_start_menu_tile_icon/
  5. Editing Start menu tile sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start menu tile sizes: Is there a way to change the two square tile sizes offered? Currently, they are 150px and 50px. I would like to reduce the larger to 75px, which would would be a legible solution for laptop displays. 159617
  6. Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?

Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?: I have 3 shortcuts to websites... specifically links to Zoom conferences. I have pinned these shortcuts to the start menu as small tiles. I made 3 icons, one for each, in Illustrator, saved as PNG, then ran them through Gimp to save as Icons. Gimp has changed a LOT since I...
  7. Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu: Hello, Here is my start menu: [img] I cannot find how to make the icons for apps larger. For no apparent reason, the Opera Browser icon (the actual icon, not the blue tile) is larger than, say, the Adobe apps. And the 'Live Tile' icons are lovely and fill the tile. Is...
  8. Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??

Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??: Win 10 x64 Small size icons are getting cropped .. See the image.... Any ideas on how to fix...?? Edit: I'm on latest build 10240.. Funny...It was back to normal on a reboot and now again cropped..*Tongue 8977
  9. Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10

Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10: Win 10 gives two 'Resize' options for icons/tiles on the start menu when you add something via 'Pin to Start'. These sizes are 'Small' and 'Medium'. Does anyone know if there is a very small option at all? 62749
  10. Changing Names on Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Names on Start Menu tiles: I have searched all over for a simple method of changing the names on start menu tiles, especially the ones relating to websites etc. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to come up with a simple "right-click on tile" solution which would allow you to change the properties of the...