Windows 10: Need to change windows 10 email display name

Discus and support Need to change windows 10 email display name in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 Email APP I need to update my last name. I go to SETTINGS MANAGE ACCOUNTS There is no box to update ANY name change. I could do a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tobycat97, Jun 29, 2016.

1. tobycat97 Win User

Need to change windows 10 email display name

Windows 10 Email APP
    I need to update my last name.

I go to SETTINGS
    MANAGE ACCOUNTS
    There is no box to update ANY name change.
    I could do a work around by deleting and reinstalling the account,
    but that will delete ALL my email.
    Is there a way to get to this in regedit?

This APP needs an update to allow for these situations.
    And in the mean time will use a dif email app, possibly Mailbird.

Sigh.*sarc

:)

tobycat97, Jun 29, 2016

2. Microsoft Account Name

Further troubleshooting...

Changed my name online. It took some time, but it synced to my Windows 10 and displayed my user name correctly. However, after a couple of hours it reverted back to just displaying my email adress...

Still in need of a solution!

Stefan_385, Jun 29, 2016
  3. PrimalZed Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app; how to change / update the mail display name ?

The goal is to change the display name attached to the email address on outgoing emails. This is displayed in the FROM section of the received email as (for example) "John Doe <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>". So far as I can tell, there is not a way to change what goes
    into the "John Doe" display name, which is very frustrating. This needs to not only be changeable, but changeable for each individual email account used in the Mail app.

edit:

I found it for when using third party (not @outlook.com) email addresses in the Mail app:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.
    I'm pretty sure that for @outlook.com emails, it just uses the display name from https://account.microsoft.com account settings.

PrimalZed, Jun 29, 2016
  4. Gelbs Win User

Pissing me off too. In my Live Mail (which Microsoft told me is being stopped and have to switch over to Mail app), I can change my sender name. But in Mail app, there is no such option to change my sender name!! It's pathetic. I think the sender name is linked to the name you have in your Microsoft profile. But what if you don't want to use that name etc?? I even changed my name anyway, and it never changed it via Mail app.

Gelbs, Jun 30, 2016
  5. tobycat97 Win User
    To change your email name in in Windows 10 mail:
    Go to settings (the little gear),
    Click on "Manage Accounts",
    Click on the account you want to change,
    Click on "Change Mailbox Sync Settings",(see page snip)

Need to change windows 10 email display name [​IMG]

There will be a box with your name there that can be edited!
    Change your name.
    Push "Done".
    Push "Save".

Now your new draft will show your name change.*chuckle
    Pass it on!!

tobycat97, Jul 3, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    WLM 2012 still works fine for Email (no calendar sync) , just use the IMAP account type instead.....

Kbird, Jul 3, 2016
  7. tobycat97 Win User
    See my above SOLVED info int he previous updated post on how I changed my name in Windows 10 Mail.

tobycat97, Jul 8, 2016
  8. Gelbs Win User

I did that Tobycat. You CAN change name in the Mail app. But you can't with a Hotmail email address. My Live Mail 2012 is still working fine currently! Lol.

Gelbs, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need to change windows 10 email display name - Similar Threads - Need change email

2. Changing email name for alias emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email name for alias emails: Is it possible to change the sender name of an alias email in Outlook.com to another name, and keep the rest set to my account name?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-email-name-for-alias-emails/f3aa281b-d089-4023-a44c-8a589952ba15
  3. Changing email name for alias emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing email name for alias emails: Is it possible to change the sender name of an alias email in Outlook.com to another name, and keep the rest set to my account name?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-email-name-for-alias-emails/f3aa281b-d089-4023-a44c-8a589952ba15
  4. Changing email name for alias emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Email Name Changed???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Email Name Changed???: Hello, I recently purchased a ThinkPad Carbon x1 8th gen and its been great! I set up my Gmail accounts through the Microsoft email program. I really like how it can combine multiple accounts in one spot and I've been using it for a few weeks. Today I noticed that for some...
  6. Email as display name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Email as display name: Hello Everyone, I'm having trouble changing the display name of my account at login screen. I like everything clean on my devices but some reason, I cannot change my display name at log-in screen. I've tried the control panel as well as managing my account online and no...
  7. Name display w/Windows email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name display w/Windows email: When I send an email from my computer using Windows 10 mail, it changes the name to my sign-in name which is not the name I want sent for professional emails. I have tried to delete the gmail account and add it back but I still do not get an option to change the out-going...
  8. How to change the name displayed when sharing files by email.

How to change the name displayed when sharing files by email.: [ATTACH] I shared a photo by email by right clicking on the file in explorer and selecting share. I used gmail to do this. As part of the set up I was asked to add a message. I wasn't sure what this was for so I entered 'photo' as I was sending a photo. But now whenever I...
  9. Change display name for outgoing emails in accounts

Change display name for outgoing emails in accounts: How do I change the display name for outgoing emails in certain accounts? Some of my accounts have been sending emails with the wrong name associated with them, and I have been unable to remedy this issue by removing and re-adding accounts, and resetting data for the entire...
  10. Change display name in Mail for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change display name in Mail for Windows 10: I would like to change the display name for a google account in the Windows Mail app, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it. The display name is the name that other people see when they receive an e-mail for you, and the name which replaces the mail address when...