Windows 10: Need to copy pinned start menu from one user profile to another

Discus and support Need to copy pinned start menu from one user profile to another in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Need to copy pinned start menu from one user profile to another Is this possible ? thanks 29699 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by reddwarf4ever, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Need to copy pinned start menu from one user profile to another

Need to copy pinned start menu from one user profile to another

Is this possible ?

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Nov 12, 2015
  2. Ruz San Win User

Copy pinned start menu apps from one user to another user, Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Doing this may require more advanced steps than simply copying a file from the AppData folder. Kindly answer these questions so we can assist you better:

• Will you be doing this for different users on the same computer, or for different computers in a domain?
    • Did you find a suggestion worth trying? How did it go?

You can follow these steps if you will be applying the changes to multiple user accounts on a single computer:

• Customize the Start menu for one user account on the computer.
    • Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you are prompted for access.
    • Copy and paste this command in the window: powershell export-startlayout –path
      %UserProfile%\Desktop\Default_Start_Screen_Layout.xml -as xml
    • Press Enter.
    • You will find a file on the desktop named Default_Start_Screen_Layout.xml (you can rename it or move it to another location).
    • Click on Start.
    • Type Edit group policy then press
      Enter
    • Open all the user accounts you want the changes to be applied to.
    • Expand Start Menu and Taskbar and double-click on
      Start Screen Layout.
    • Select Enabled.
    • Type the full path of the .xml file you created in the
      Start Layout File field.
    • Click Apply then OK.
    Let us know how the steps above work out for you.

Regards.

Ruz San, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Copy pinned start menu apps from one user to another user, Windows 10

There seems to be no one in the Microsoft Community that can answer this query.

What files can be copied from AppData folder so that I can have a common set of START menu options among all users?

Please answer as this was originally posted in November 2015 with no answer!!!!!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / PC

Richard Bergstedt, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

Need to copy pinned start menu from one user profile to another

1. Need to copy pinned start menu from one user profile to another - Similar Threads - Need copy pinned

2. Copying files from one user account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying files from one user account to another: I am trying to copy the user account files from one user account to another user account both admin accounts. I am using the hidden Administrator account to do this, but when I copy the files from one account and attempt to paste them into the public account while logged into...
  3. Copying files from one user account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files from one user account to another: I am trying to copy the user account files from one user account to another user account both admin accounts. I am using the hidden Administrator account to do this, but when I copy the files from one account and attempt to paste them into the public account while logged into...
  4. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move files from one user profile to another: Hello, I am trying to move files from one account to another on windows. However, once I go into advanced system settings and then into user profiles only the "Default profile" can be "copied to" while all the other user profiles cannot. If I could get an answer on how to...
  5. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to move files from one user profile to another: Hello, I am trying to move files from one account to another on windows. However, once I go into advanced system settings and then into user profiles only the "Default profile" can be "copied to" while all the other user profiles cannot. If I could get an answer on how to...
  6. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Copy User Automatically from One AD Group to Another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy User Automatically from One AD Group to Another: When a user is added to one on-prem AD security group, make it so they are automatically added to another on-prem AD security group. Is this possible? I'm trying to make it so the Accounts team doesn't have to remember to add a user to 2 AD groups. I'm also trying to do this...
  8. Copy files from one user to another, and change ownership?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy files from one user to another, and change ownership?: I'm looking to create a new user on my laptop (20H2 Pro x64) and copy over a bunch of settings and documents from the old user account, and then eventually delete the original account. I seem to recall having permission/ownership problems in the past, when copying files...
  9. Copy Start Menu to Another Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy Start Menu to Another Computer: I have my Start Menu under W10 Pro set pretty much like I like it and would like to transfer it to my laptop also running Pro. Is there a way I can copy it to the laptop? Thanks. 132224
  10. Can one copy a Start tile configuration to another user?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can one copy a Start tile configuration to another user?: I have spent a great amount of time configuring a 56-tile Start Menu in my Microsoft Account login which does not have Admin privileges (the logon I plan to use all the time). I am now configuring another logon - with Admin privileges (a local account because one cannot have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i copy remote desktop pinned from one computer to another

2. copy windows start menut from one profile to another

3. copy pinned start menu to another user

4. how to copy taskbar pinned from 1 profile to another