Windows 10: Need to create an ADMINISTRATOR ACCT but get ACESS DENIED

Discus and support Need to create an ADMINISTRATOR ACCT but get ACESS DENIED in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I first converted from Win 7, Win 10 transferred my main ACCT: Patrick But, the boot time became so elongated, the net gave me some tips but to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jagman, Jan 13, 2016.

1. jagman Win User

Need to create an ADMINISTRATOR ACCT but get ACESS DENIED

When I first converted from Win 7, Win 10 transferred my main ACCT: Patrick
    But, the boot time became so elongated, the net gave me some tips but to so, I had to use SAFE BOOT. But the old F8 would not work so I used the MSCONFIG. But, then Win 10 CREATED a new account using my email and password I had for Microsoft Live web site, DELETED MY OLD PATRICK AND REAL ADMIN ACCT. It took considerable time to figure the PW it was looking for.
    So went back to regular boot, renamed the EMAIL name to the original PATRICK acct as it had been deleted,
    They did give me ADMIN rights but that rarely works when you do some heavy lifting.
    This leaves me with ONE ACCT, PATRICK with ADMIN RIGHTS, not with full ADMIN privileges.

So, lets create a REAL Admin account.
    Net says: in DOS mode, net user administrator /active:yes
    Wrong, access denied
    tried: net user patrick /active:yes
    Wrong, access deniedWhen I was converted, it converted the Home Premium to Home.
    Anyone know how to CREATE a REAL ADMIN on "Home"?

:)

jagman, Jan 13, 2016
  2. Primal9] Win User

Administrator privillages windows 10

Thank you for the advice but when I clicked Run as asdministrator It still kept saying Acess Denied Please sign in with administrator privilages

Primal9], Jan 13, 2016
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Microsoft Windows Account Email; need to change

Windows 10....

When Desktop was started up set it up uisng my .msn.com email acct. It shows me as Administrator and shows my msn.com email under account.

My MSN acct was getting overrun with Junk Mail so I created a New Outlook.com email acct and....deleted the prior msn.com account.

Recently Mail showed my email needed to be fixed...running the Fix my email...msn.com shows and there was no way to change it to my Outlook.com acct.

How do I change the email from msn.com to Outlook.com when I view Accounts that shows me as the adm? Please don't tell me I will need to create a brand New User acct just to get rid of/Change the acct email on my Desktop.

denmarfl, Jan 13, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Jan 13, 2016
  5. jagman Win User
    1. Boot from your Windows 10 installation USB or recovery drive, and open a command prompt at boot.

I installed win 10 because Microsoft would not leave me alone about upgrading to it.
    So do not have a USB, Recovery disk and when I tried on this "current logon", Firefox when crazy, every time I hit REGEDIT, it added nmultiple tabs to Firefox of this site.
    So, can you advise me on , If I used the install from online from Microsoft?

jagman, Jan 13, 2016
  6. JohnC Win User
    JohnC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need to create an ADMINISTRATOR ACCT but get ACESS DENIED - Similar Threads - Need create ADMINISTRATOR

2. acct registration

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    acct registration: I need to know who microsoft office acct is regiestered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acct-registration/a170ddf2-3937-4d6e-b84a-45c1992931f5"
  3. Administrator permission denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator permission denied: I have a laptop running Windows 10 with only one user (which is the administrator). Recently, I had to edit a file in System32 but once I tried to save the edits, I was told that I didn't have the permission to save in this location and that I would have to contact the...
  4. acess

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    acess: why don't i have full and untethered access to every single file on my computer. if im admin why do i need permission. it is mine. i own this machine. i give it commands. it should never tell me no. that's not why its built. i cant tell you how irritating it is when a machine...
  5. administrative priviledges denied when creating folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrative priviledges denied when creating folder: When I try to create a new folder I now get a message saying You need to confirm this operation when I try it says you need permission to perform this action this now happens when I try to open folders...
  6. Administrator denied access to files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator denied access to files: I'm having issues with installing iTunes. The previous iTunes libraries will not open as it says I don't have permissions. I've tried to change permissions and I have to have authority to do that. How do I fix this? Debbie...
  7. Why ACCESS DENIED if I'm Administrator?!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why ACCESS DENIED if I'm Administrator?!: I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro onto my desktop. I did not upgrade the system. During installation i created my own account. The account type is Administrator. I turned off UAC. What i don't understand is i often get the message "Access Denied" or you are not an...
  8. Needing an administrator password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Needing an administrator password: Not having an administrator password is causing all the usual problems. On settings I wind up on one account that I use pin.. When I first turn pc on I am already informed that my sign-in/password is wrong but I have not done anything yet. I hit the OK button and 2 accounts...
  9. Need Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need Administrator Permission: I'm trying to replace calc.exe in the System 32 folder with a version from XP, but keep getting a notice that I don't have permission. I'm in as the Administrator, what more do I need to do? Thanks! 46100
  10. MS Acct vs Local acct

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Acct vs Local acct: I see posts referencing local account and can't wrap my head around why users are opting for a local acct. *Huh I have several machines running on a home network, all with an MS account, and all log in without a password. What's not to like *Huh Why is a local...