Windows 10: Need to create an ADMINISTRATOR ACCT but get ACESS DENIED

Discus and support Need to create an ADMINISTRATOR ACCT but get ACESS DENIED in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I first converted from Win 7, Win 10 transferred my main ACCT: Patrick But, the boot time became so elongated, the net gave me some tips but to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jagman, Jan 13, 2016.

1. jagman Win User

Need to create an ADMINISTRATOR ACCT but get ACESS DENIED

When I first converted from Win 7, Win 10 transferred my main ACCT: Patrick
    But, the boot time became so elongated, the net gave me some tips but to so, I had to use SAFE BOOT. But the old F8 would not work so I used the MSCONFIG. But, then Win 10 CREATED a new account using my email and password I had for Microsoft Live web site, DELETED MY OLD PATRICK AND REAL ADMIN ACCT. It took considerable time to figure the PW it was looking for.
    So went back to regular boot, renamed the EMAIL name to the original PATRICK acct as it had been deleted,
    They did give me ADMIN rights but that rarely works when you do some heavy lifting.
    This leaves me with ONE ACCT, PATRICK with ADMIN RIGHTS, not with full ADMIN privileges.

So, lets create a REAL Admin account.
    Net says: in DOS mode, net user administrator /active:yes
    Wrong, access denied
    tried: net user patrick /active:yes
    Wrong, access deniedWhen I was converted, it converted the Home Premium to Home.
    Anyone know how to CREATE a REAL ADMIN on "Home"?

:)

jagman, Jan 13, 2016
  2. Primal9] Win User

Administrator privillages windows 10

Thank you for the advice but when I clicked Run as asdministrator It still kept saying Acess Denied Please sign in with administrator privilages

Primal9], Jan 13, 2016
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Microsoft Windows Account Email; need to change

Windows 10....

When Desktop was started up set it up uisng my .msn.com email acct. It shows me as Administrator and shows my msn.com email under account.

My MSN acct was getting overrun with Junk Mail so I created a New Outlook.com email acct and....deleted the prior msn.com account.

Recently Mail showed my email needed to be fixed...running the Fix my email...msn.com shows and there was no way to change it to my Outlook.com acct.

How do I change the email from msn.com to Outlook.com when I view Accounts that shows me as the adm? Please don't tell me I will need to create a brand New User acct just to get rid of/Change the acct email on my Desktop.

denmarfl, Jan 13, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Jan 13, 2016
  5. jagman Win User
    1. Boot from your command prompt at boot.

I installed win 10 because Microsoft would not leave me alone about upgrading to it.
    So do not have a USB, Recovery disk and when I tried on this "current logon", Firefox when crazy, every time I hit REGEDIT, it added nmultiple tabs to Firefox of this site.
    So, can you advise me on , If I used the install from online from Microsoft?

jagman, Jan 13, 2016
  6. JohnC Win User
    JohnC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need to create an ADMINISTRATOR ACCT but get ACESS DENIED - Similar Threads - Need create ADMINISTRATOR

2. Delete Folder Acess Denied Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Folder Acess Denied Error: hello and good pm microsofti have a problem about my computer behavior that was seen folder acess denied errorsive been tried to fix the proper folder ownership it might not work or encrypted because i can't delte because of it.how do i fix this, please help?...
  3. Delete Folder Acess Denied Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Folder Acess Denied Error: hello and good pm microsofti have a problem about my computer behavior that was seen folder acess denied errorsive been tried to fix the proper folder ownership it might not work or encrypted because i can't delte because of it.how do i fix this, please help?...
  4. Delete Folder Acess Denied Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Acess Denied On Xbox Gamepass Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acess Denied On Xbox Gamepass Files: I have ownership of it and it says that I am the owner. I have tried to edit the file to fix a problem with the game and it says access denied whenever I try to save the file again. I edit the file, I try to save it, and then it says access denied. I'm just using notepad to...
  6. Need to edit in command. Keep getting access is denied as an administrator.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need to edit in command. Keep getting access is denied as an administrator.: I accidentally set my exe files to run as “%1”%1 and as of such no exe files will run at all. I was able to open command by changing it to a .com. However whenever I try to edit the reg back to exefile I get access is denied. I am the only account on the computer and am...
  7. Acess denied after merging partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acess denied after merging partitions: Hello, so I had my D drive divided in 2 partitions because one had ubuntu, but i didn't needed it anymore so I formated the partition and merged them. using MiniTool Partition Wizard After that when I tried to open drive d it said "d:\ is not acessible acess denied". So I...
  8. Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t: Created user with same password as administrator acct and now cant Log into Administrator Acct. Help! I know it sounds weird but I did it. Was just trying to feed it something till I had a one I wanted it to be, I had no idea it would cancel my administrator account...
  9. Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t

in Windows 10 Support
    Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t: Created user with same password as administrator acct and now cant Log into Administrator Acct. Help! I know it sounds weird but I did it. Was just trying to feed it something till I had a one I wanted it to be, I had no idea it would cancel my administrator account...
  10. administrative priviledges denied when creating folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrative priviledges denied when creating folder: When I try to create a new folder I now get a message saying You need to confirm this operation when I try it says you need permission to perform this action this now happens when I try to open folders...