Windows 10: Need to create Quiet hours or schedule for Windows Defender

Discus and support Need to create Quiet hours or schedule for Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to create a schedule where Windows defender is inactive. I have noticed that when playing games I get small micro-freezes and have identified... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Globespy, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Globespy Win User

Need to create Quiet hours or schedule for Windows Defender

I want to create a schedule where Windows defender is inactive.
    I have noticed that when playing games I get small micro-freezes and have identified these as hard page faults (Resource Monitor) caused by Windows Defender processes.
    I would like to use gpedit or otherwise to create quiet times where these (and other annoying background processes) are stopped during pre-defined times.

Appreciate any help.
    Thanks.

:)

Globespy, Mar 31, 2017
  2. [ Pete ] Win User

Auto switch On /Off on scheduled time

Windows Phone doesn't have a feature to schedule powering on-off times.

However, Cortana offers the "Quiet Hours" feature that will allow you to schedule periods where you don't wish to have notification alerts.

Read this article for more details:

Quiet Hours

[ Pete ], Mar 31, 2017
  3. Issues enabling Quiet hours

I think the issue is that "Quiet Hours" is implemented on Windows 10 PC differently than it is on other platforms.

Simply put, Quiet Hours start when you click/enable it, and stop when you disable it. There's no schedule other than the one you manually define by clicking that button.

The "Quiet Hours" feature is simply a way of turning audible/visible notifications on and off
    manually. I'd certainly like to be able to set an automatic schedule, ideally by day of week. But that doesn't exist today.

DodgeDeBoulet, Mar 31, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Mar 31, 2017
Thema:

1. Need to create Quiet hours or schedule for Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Need create Quiet

2. Task scheduler needs password when creating a task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler needs password when creating a task: I am trying to create a scheduled task. I ran the task scheduler as administrator, I am also logged in as administrator. After I set everything up and click the OK button to create a scheduled task, a box pops up asking for my user name and password. I do not have password...
  3. Task scheduler needs password when creating a task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler needs password when creating a task: I am trying to create a scheduled task. I ran the task scheduler as administrator, I am also logged in as administrator. After I set everything up and click the OK button to create a scheduled task, a box pops up asking for my user name and password. I do not have password...
  4. Windows Defender will not keep quiet !!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender will not keep quiet !!: HP Desktop Win 10 with all updates. I was on Windows Defender alone. At some point it started reminding me multiple times a day, We Have Turned Windows Defender on ~ blah ~ blah. Annoying. I have been to suggested fixes. I even installed a 3rd party Virus program...
  5. cannot find quiet hours setting - windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot find quiet hours setting - windows 10: i want to turn off quiet hours, so: "How to configure Quiet Hours in Windows 10 Click the Action Center button in the taskbar. It looks like a speech bubble. Right-click Quiet hours. Click Go to settings. Click the switches beneath any options you'd like to disable or...
  6. Ability to SCHEDULE Quiet Hours in Windows Removed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ability to SCHEDULE Quiet Hours in Windows Removed?: Can someone confirm that Microsoft actually removed the ability to schedule quiet hours in Windows 10? If appears the scheduling function was removed and they added "Focus Assist" which only allows you to MANUALLY TOGGLE the notification sound suppression....
  7. Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours: Moved to General Discussion. 32979
  8. Quiet Hours Symbol

in Windows 10 Support
    Quiet Hours Symbol: Every time I boot up or reboot the notification shows the PC has turned on quiet hours and the little Quiet hours symbol shows. I can turn quiet hours off manually by going into the notification area and toggle the quiet hours pane. I do not wish to do this every boot...
  9. Using "Quiet Time" on MY schedule.

in Windows 10 Support
    Using "Quiet Time" on MY schedule.: On my machine, quiet time seems to turn itself on and off, at what schedule I cannot tell. However, it is NOT turning it on and off according to the 12 am to 6 am schedule as averred by Microsoft. Quiet time for my machine is a wide swath through the middle of the day, when I...
  10. Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.10586 according to the `ver` command). When I first installed Windows 10 a few weeks ago, the Action Center behaved in a way I would have considered normal. At some point in the evening, it would go into "quiet hours" and I looked...