Windows 10: Need To Determine The Build Of An Already Downloaded Windows ISO File

Discus and support Need To Determine The Build Of An Already Downloaded Windows ISO File in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-see-w...file-contains/ http://www.waynezim.com/2012/10/how-...dows-iso-file/ Found these two links on how to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by caxtin, Apr 9, 2017.

1. caxtin Win User

Need To Determine The Build Of An Already Downloaded Windows ISO File

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-see-w...file-contains/

http://www.waynezim.com/2012/10/how-...dows-iso-file/

Found these two links on how to find out the version and build of an already downloaded Windows.ISO file might be. I tried it, but for me, the build portion says "ServicePack Build : 0".

The only "Install" file I found in the ISO directly is "install.esd" but the instruction used the "install.wim" to show the build. What did I do wrong or what other way can I find out what build the already downloaded ISO file would be?
    This is what I got with the only "install.esd" in the directory. By the way, the ISO file is for the new one, 1703. Yes I now what it is but in the future I may get my ISO files all mixed up which has happed to me in the past a few times.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.14393.0

Details for image : E:\sources\install.esd

Index : 1
    Name : Windows 10 Pro
    Description : Windows 10 Pro
    Size : 15,305,539,033 bytes
    WIM Bootable : No
    Architecture : x64
    Hal : <undefined>
    Version : 10.0.15063
    ServicePack Build : 0
    ServicePack Level : 0
    Edition : Professional
    Installation : Client
    ProductType : WinNT
    ProductSuite : Terminal Server
    System Root : WINDOWS
    Directories : 19668
    Files : 101896
    Created : 3/18/2017 - 6:40:43 PM
    Modified : 4/10/2017 - 11:11:19 AM
    Languages :
    en-US (Default)

The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

:)

caxtin, Apr 9, 2017
  2. AlyMdr Win User

windows 10 home update

Hi,

The iso file created from the install.esd was already named as windows 10 pro build 14393 DVD (build 1067) I tried to install on Virtual box and it installed as windows 10 pro build 1067.

I have at the same time tried windows media creation tools to download the latest windows 10 home build 1067, the downloaded iso file was indeed windows 10 home but an older version to year 2015.

How can I obtain this latest build of windows 10 home iso?

Thank you

AlyMdr, Apr 9, 2017
  3. sfcsfcsfc Win User
    How can I download an ISO file of Win 10 build 14393.693?

Hi All

My Win 10 is not updating. It is my understanding that I should run DISM with the ISO image of the exact build of Win 10 currently installed on my PC (14393.693), but I do not know where to find the ISO file.

Can you please help with this?

sfcsfcsfc, Apr 9, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Apr 9, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    All the files in the ISO will have a version number that's the same as the build number of the Windows they will install. Simplest way to find out is look for the version number on the Details tab of Properties for the Setup.exe.

15063 = 1703
    14393 = 1607
    10586 = 1511
    10240 = first RTM release (1507)

Bree, Apr 9, 2017
  6. TairikuOkami, Apr 9, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    @caxtin

If you "mount" the ISO (open with Explorer), right click the Setup.exe, properties, details.......you will see the build number. Eject the mounted ISO afterwards (in My PC)

Need To Determine The Build Of An Already Downloaded Windows ISO File [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need To Determine The Build Of An Already Downloaded Windows ISO File - Similar Threads - Need Determine Build

2. Need Help Downloading Windows 7 ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Downloading Windows 7 ISO: Hi Microsoft Community,I have an old Pentium 2 laptop with 4GB RAM that only supports Windows 7. Since Windows 7 is no longer available for download on the Microsoft website, I am looking for assistance on how to obtain the Windows 7 ISO file and create a bootable pendrive...
  3. Need Help Downloading Windows 7 ISO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help Downloading Windows 7 ISO: Hi Microsoft Community,I have an old Pentium 2 laptop with 4GB RAM that only supports Windows 7. Since Windows 7 is no longer available for download on the Microsoft website, I am looking for assistance on how to obtain the Windows 7 ISO file and create a bootable pendrive...
  4. iso file download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iso file download: hi! i have been stuck on bsod and i’m pretty sure the only available option is for me to download the iso file for windows. is there any possible way i could download it on my phone or ipad because i don’t have any other computers i could borrow or anything?...
  5. Trying to download Windows ISO file

Trying to download Windows ISO file: I'm using a Mac trying to download Microsoft 10 ISO file but keep getting an error message. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-download-windows-iso-file/237f17d4-ad5e-4978-9406-2b6f8483318b
  6. Any way to download old Windows 10 Insider Build iso file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to download old Windows 10 Insider Build iso file?: I am a member of Windows 10 Insider Program. The newest build 20231 was broke with WSL2 + CUDA(https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/5598). So I want to download the old build version (20221). I try to recovery from backup version but unfortunately, my Windows10 is...
  7. Failed to download the windows insider preview build iso

Failed to download the windows insider preview build iso: Dear Sir, I am trying to download a windows insider preview build iso from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced But I always get an error, it said ================ We encountered a problem with your request. Please visit...
  8. Windows 10 1709 build 16299.637 ISO for download ??

Windows 10 1709 build 16299.637 ISO for download ??: I have an ISO for the 1709 build 16299.15 and I've tried 3-4 times installing it on my MALFUNTIONING 1803 versions but I can't stop it from updating to this crappy 1803 version again !!!!!! The 16299.15 have some issues that gets the updater to make an "exclamation warning"...
  9. Windows 10 iso file download?

Windows 10 iso file download?: Hi guys. I know this has been discussed before, but please help a guy out *Smile I'm dealing with some app deadlines. Can you give me the direct download link for the win10 latest update iso? I have all the necessary activation codes etc, Thanks a lot,...
  10. Download Windows 10 ISO File

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download Windows 10 ISO File: How to: Download Windows 10 ISO File How to Download Official Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft If you need to install or reinstall Windows 10, you can use the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft to download a Windows 10 ISO file that you can use to create your own...