Windows 10: Need to find an inexpensive laptop that will run DAW's

Discus and support Need to find an inexpensive laptop that will run DAW's in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just started to compose music on my synthesizer and need a laptop to coordinate composition on my DAW software (digital audio workstation) and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bbdowns, Jul 28, 2017.

1. bbdowns Win User

Need to find an inexpensive laptop that will run DAW's

So I just started to compose music on my synthesizer and need a laptop to coordinate composition on my DAW software (digital audio workstation) and the hardware I will connect (keyboards). Can someone please tell me of an inexpensive laptop that will suffice for this. It's not for gaming or number crunching.Thanks!

ps - preferably a windows 10 laptop

:)

bbdowns, Jul 28, 2017

2. I need to find an app that will block caller, is there any for windows 7.5 mango PLEASE!!!

Actually it's for Samsung and in the Samsung marketplace (or was there, but not now). I've heard of one for HTC, but haven't seen it. I hope that means the OEMs are working on making a way to do it on the phones.

Julie fka profjulie, Jul 28, 2017
  3. Brie1231 Win User
    I need to find an app that will block caller, is there any for windows 7.5 mango PLEASE!!!

I have a Windows LG Optimus 7 E900 on Telus provider, I need some kind of app to block caller. Please help. Willing to pay!!

Brie1231, Jul 28, 2017
  4. DavidY Win User

Hopefully an expert who knows more about DAWs than I do will come along.

As I understand it, a DAW is pretty much a whole lot of number-crunching, with added time pressure that it matters more if the numbers are crunched fractionally too slowly!

But it might make a difference if you tell us whether you're planning to record audio live (eg. a vocal) at the same time as using the keyboard, or just recording keyboard inputs, because latency (slight time delay caused by things being processed too slowly) is more of an issue with the former.

Which DAW do you have? Also , if you want to add a whole bunch of audio-processing effects it can sap the power.

I do have an oldish i5 laptop which I run with Ableton, but basically I don't know what I'm doing with it so I'm no expert!

DavidY, Jul 29, 2017
  5. bbdowns Win User
    Thanks, David, since I'm brand new at this I only use free versions of Audacity, Avid, and Pro Tools First. I only need it to tweak my keyboard inputs (sounds) and record any compositions I create.

bbdowns, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need to find an inexpensive laptop that will run DAW's - Similar Threads - Need find inexpensive

2. Best inexpensive device for Microsoft Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Best inexpensive device for Microsoft Word: I write a lot on my computer - stories, scripts, poems, letters, lists, etc - and I've been using Microsoft Word on a PC for about 20 years Windows XP, and I much prefer Microsoft Word compared to any equivalent such as Apple's 'Pages'. However, my current PC is now obsolete....
  3. Looking for a new Laptop recommendations for DAW and Editing Softwares

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a new Laptop recommendations for DAW and Editing Softwares: Hello here. I’m looking to buy a new laptop as my old one is dead (it was quite old, a Toshiba Satellite L655 I had for more than 10 years). I’m planning using it mainly for FlStudio and Some editing video and photo like Premiere and Photoshop. I’m not at all into gaming....
  4. Windows and DAW

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows and DAW: Hello, im buying a genuine version on fl studio but i have an unofficial version of windows 10. Will i have any problems running a daw on a unnofficial version of windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-and-daw/8c554eca-d819-44bc-81b7-f7e078af40bc
  5. Inexpensive non-pirated software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inexpensive non-pirated software?: I guess I want my cake and eat it. I don't want to use pirated software because I don't want to be hacked and it is also illegal but at the same time I want to pay the lowest price. I am confused though. I just did a google search for Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016 and I am...
  6. What DAW to get?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What DAW to get?: I may have mentioned before, but I changed to Windows 10 after being a Mac user for many years. The single thing I miss about Mac is Logic Pro X. There seems to be a lot more DAW choice on Windows 10 so I come seeking suggestions please. I'm willing to spend a maximum of...
  7. Latency issue with AbletonSync Running a DAW in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latency issue with AbletonSync Running a DAW in Windows: Hello, I moved from MacOS to Windows 10 couple of weeks ago (Surface Pro 2017). And im still happy with that choise. all the programs (DAW) are working perfect and ive linkted multiple Windows computer to each other true Ableton Link. The sync works perfect between the...
  8. Installing a DAW

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing a DAW: Hello, I'm trying to install a DAW on my computer, I'm currently using Windows 10. The problem is that whatever DAW I try to install, when I open it for the first time, it keeps on loading and scanning plugins until I get an error message. That makes me think that there...
  9. Installing a DAW

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing a DAW: Hello, I'm trying to install a DAW on my computer, I'm currently using Windows 10. The problem is that whatever DAW I try to install, when I open it for the first time, it keeps on loading and scanning plugins until I get an error message. That makes me think that there...
  10. Is there an inexpensive way to lower GPU temp.?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is there an inexpensive way to lower GPU temp.?: Hello My PC do froze occasionally. When doing the FurMark test, I do see that the temp is reaching nearly 100 'C on my GT 630 card. I know better now what I low end price card can and can't do. Can't be sure if the temperature do cause my PC problem, but it probably...