Windows 10: Need to find GOM jump list registry entry/file location

Discus and support Need to find GOM jump list registry entry/file location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have my old OS drive connected to a new drive and clean install. I'd like my GOM jumplist history back. Where is it located please? Google has failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Muppet Rat, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Need to find GOM jump list registry entry/file location

I have my old OS drive connected to a new drive and clean install. I'd like my GOM jumplist history back. Where is it located please? Google has failed me *Confused
    TIA

:)

Muppet Rat, Sep 3, 2018
  2. wooner Win User

Remote Desktop Connection jump list entries do nothing

I am unable to use jump list entries for Remote Desktop Connection. This includes both recent and pinned items. When I click on a jump list entry, I get the spinning blue circle for a fraction of a second and then nothing. If I open Remote Desktop Connection,
    I can use the MRU entries from within the application. Here's a list of what I have tried so far:

• Clearing the entries by turning off "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar"
    • Deleting all recent entries from registry (suspecting one or more corrupt entries)
    • Deleting all entries from C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations

Jump lists for all other applications that I have tried still work as designed. This issue started around the time that I installed the Anniversary Update, but I cannot tell for sure if that was the cause. Has anyone else run into this issue? Ideas?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

wooner, Sep 3, 2018
  3. tlynnec Win User
    Jump list still failing. help!

Ok, so I've added the suggested registry entries with no problem on several computers, but I have one that just refuses to cooperate. I've added/increased all 3 recommended entries, followed the cmd directions to reset AutomaticDestinations and CustomDestination, rebuilt the quick access list, and restarted multiple times to no effect. here's the reg:

Need to find GOM jump list registry entry/file location [​IMG]

and the items currently pinned in quick access:

and what the jump list shows:

Notice that it's still only showing 12 items, despite my changed registry and there being 14 items available to be shown. If anyone has any ideas, I would really be grateful. This is totally frustrating.

tlynnec, Sep 3, 2018
  4. slozomby Win User

Need to find GOM jump list registry entry/file location

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Need to find GOM jump list registry entry/file location

1. Need to find GOM jump list registry entry/file location - Similar Threads - Need find GOM

2. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  3. Taskbar jump list entries do nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar jump list entries do nothing.: Taskbar jump list entries do nothing... This is a very old problem but no fixes for me. Tried flipping the switch back and forth, Created entry in the registry. As MS suggested back in 2017, no help....
  4. Taskbar jump list entries do nothing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar jump list entries do nothing.: Taskbar jump list entries do nothing... This is a very old problem but no fixes for me. Tried flipping the switch back and forth, Created entry in the registry. As MS suggested back in 2017, no help....
  5. Taskbar jump list entries do nothing.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. "Open File location" from Jump List Property

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Open File location" from Jump List Property: In Windows 7, I used to be able to right click on a jumplist item and then select "Open File Location".In windows 10 that extremely useful feature has disappeared. How can I get it back?...
  7. Find Task list entries with VBS

Find Task list entries with VBS: I want to detect if a given program App is running. I have made the following VB-Script to list all "programs" running: Sub ListPGMs Dim WMIService Dim ProcessList dim objSWbemObject Set WMIService = GetObject"winmgmts:" & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" &...
  8. list of files jumps to the top

list of files jumps to the top: It is the issue with File Explorer. When I open a long list of files trying to go through it, it suddenly jumps up, to the beginning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-of-files-jumps-to-the-top/36787289-5415-4a6c-b104-b14b6199b826
  9. Entries in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Entries in Registry: Hello, While making some registry editing, found 17 entries named "Sign.Media". Don't know what it is, have not any program this name. Can I remove them from the registry ? Answers will be appreciated Thanks 140198
  10. File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups: Anyone else have this issue? When right-clicking File Explorer in the taskbar, a jump list appears, showing pinned and recent folders or locations. Mousing over these items should cause a small text popup to appear above the item that shows the full system path of the...