Windows 10: Need to get a windows10 disk

Discus and support Need to get a windows10 disk in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Need a windows 10 disk. I have the free version. When booting up it requests to insert the original disk. Any help is appreciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AJ.2, Aug 12, 2018.

1. AJ.2 Win User

Need to get a windows10 disk

Need a windows 10 disk. I have the free version. When booting up it requests to insert the original disk. Any help is appreciated.

:)

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Need to get a windows10 disk :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Windows10

Hi Matthew,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

Startup Repair can automatically recover from most BCD problems. If you prefer to manually analyze and repair problems, you can use the command-line tool BootRec.exe by starting the System Recovery tools and then clicking
    Command Prompt in the System Recovery Options dialog box.

BootRec.exe supports the following command-line parameters:

• /FIXMBR The /FIXMBR switch writes an MBR to the system partition.
    • /FIXBOOT The /FIXBOOT switch writes a new boot sector onto the system partition.
    • /SCANOS The /SCANOS switch scans all disks for Windows installations and displays entries currently not in the BCD store.
    • /REBUILDBCD The /REBUILDBCD switch scans all disks for Windows installations and provides a choice of which entries to add to the BCD store.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the repair, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Need to get a windows10 disk - Similar Threads - Need windows10 disk

2. Getting back to Windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting back to Windows10: I recently FactoryReset my laptop and it has taken me back to Windows7! Is there anyway I can get it back to windows10 like before without buying?I only use my laptop for gaming so I am not interested in buying a whole new laptop....
  3. Getting back to Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting back to Windows10: I recently FactoryReset my laptop and it has taken me back to Windows7! Is there anyway I can get it back to windows10 like before without buying?I only use my laptop for gaming so I am not interested in buying a whole new laptop....
  4. Getting back to Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows10 copy paste in explorer windows10 improvment that need to be implemented

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows10 copy paste in explorer windows10 improvment that need to be implemented: so i want to know why since i know Windows from Windows 3.1, why does a simple copy paste always ask the user for replacement instead of calculating unique file identifier like sha or any other when the file is IDENTICAL and not stoping a huge transfer of data waiting for...
  6. windows10 won't read the usb disks

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows10 won't read the usb disks: I have used 'Standby disk' (Leapfrog Software) with various versions of windows,but after installing it on Windows 10,the first menu to come up is 'Do you want to make a standby disk' to which I reply 'Yes', but an error message comes up 'Can't read the information'. Even...
  7. cause of 100% disk usage (windows10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cause of 100% disk usage (windows10): 1. my processor at 12 to 40 % 2. ram at almost 90% 3. but the disk is at 100 % usage in task manager which hangs my laptop what is the real cause and how to fix it do need to buy another 4 gb ram ? (already having 4 gb ram in slot 1 [ATTACH])...
  8. Disk Utilization is 100% windows10 home

Disk Utilization is 100% windows10 home: Any help would be Great, I tried everything available on net regarding this disk 100% issue. some of them are windows search=disabled superfetch=disabled notifications=disabled runtime broker=disabled cortana=disabled auto update=disbaled checkdisk=cleared...
  9. Windows10 Disk Mirroring Issue

Windows10 Disk Mirroring Issue: Dear Team Greetings from Hilton Luxor environment!!! Can you please help me for the below error message as I am trying to configure Windows10 PC to a mirror disk. The selected GPT formatted disk contains a partition which is not of type PARTITION_BASIC_DATA_GUID and is...
  10. Need Windows10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Windows10 upgrade: I have Surface tablet with Windows RT 8.1. I was not given the option to upgrade to Windows10 in 2016. There is an app that I need that only can work in Windows 10. I have no plans to buy a new tablet. What can I do?...