Windows 10: Need to get SpyWareBlaster to recognize portable Chrome

Discus and support Need to get SpyWareBlaster to recognize portable Chrome in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There's information out there on how to do this on earlier operating systems, but not for Windows 10. 36477 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by socklosk, Jan 5, 2016.

1. socklosk Win User

Need to get SpyWareBlaster to recognize portable Chrome

There's information out there on how to do this on earlier operating systems, but not for Windows 10.

:)

socklosk, Jan 5, 2016
  2. xprt007 Win User

Is it no longer possible to make a portable program in Windows 10 a default program?

I'm done being their beta tester and want to now switch back to Chrome now that it's no longer gimping at least my trackpad experience. However, I prefer to use portable Chrome on my LiberKey as that allows me to configure Chrome once and use it on any
    system and also share it between dual-booted OSs, all without needing to log-in to Chrome. But as it turns out microshaft is still blocking the setting of portable apps in Windows 10.

Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

I use portableapps and prefer to use Portable Firefox & Chrome installed through it.

I have also installed regular Firefox (default browser) & Chrome from their respective download pages.

In my case, as soon as I get to the desktop, I automatically start the Portable versions, which are pinned to task bar for convenience (or from Portableapps interface), whether I'm using them at that time or not, so their processes are always running.

So if any task wants to open the default web browser, it will use the already running portable version as it cannot start a second instance of Firefox, which would be the default browser, non-portable version. Need to get SpyWareBlaster to recognize portable Chrome ;).

So I only end up having regular Firefox (default browser) running if I forget to start the portable version before & some program ends up starting the default browser. I close it, though & revert to portable, because that's where I have all my bookmarks,
    etc.

I hope Microsoft enables using portable programs as default again.

xprt007, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Hard drive not recognized Windows 10

I recently partitioned a 1 T hard drive on a new PC and now Windows 10 won't recognize a new 2 T Seagate portable hard drive that it recognized before. Is the partition the problem? Is there a way to make W 10 recognize the portable?

Windows 10 and a portable hard drive- Original Title

CurtisKruer, Jan 5, 2016
Thema:

Need to get SpyWareBlaster to recognize portable Chrome

1. Need to get SpyWareBlaster to recognize portable Chrome - Similar Threads - Need SpyWareBlaster recognize

2. USB port on pc no longer recognizes portable device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port on pc no longer recognizes portable device.: I've tried uninstalling portable DVD device in device manager then reinstalling, turn off/on pc. USB port has worked in the past. Microsoft says it may be that driver needs updating but update is no longer available....
  3. New Release of SpywareBlaster 5.6

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New Release of SpywareBlaster 5.6: BrightFort [img] This app has been around for decades. 145874
  4. portable hard drives. removal of even recognizing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    portable hard drives. removal of even recognizing: I kept all my info on my hard drives, suddenly when I needed info plugged the drive in nothing, neither of them, on either computer a 7 and this one a 10. They worked perfectly last time they were used, one a bluestork, and the other being a freecom. tried different leads but...
  5. WIN 10 - Recognizing portable drive connected to USB

WIN 10 - Recognizing portable drive connected to USB: I can't seem to get a new SATA drive to be recognized by windows 10. Connected to powered, Sabrent portable SATA holder and connected to the USB port on a new Samsung laptop. Looking in Device manager disk drives, there is no listing. Nothing in USB headers either. Drive...
  6. Chrome - "The command [gettaversion] is not recognized"

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome - "The command [gettaversion] is not recognized": All of a sudden since last week Chrome has been popping this up each time I start the browser: Google says: The command [gettaversion] is not recognized There's a blue OK button at the bottom of the pop-up. Any idea what this is? I've updated it and it still happens. I...
  7. SpywareBlaster update

SpywareBlaster update: SpywareBlaster update available 35267
  8. spywareblaster

spywareblaster: I used to use this app and was told it is not to be trusted. I do not know why but I removed it some time ago. lease let me know ow the forum feels about it. Thank you 21565
  9. New SpywareBlaster

New SpywareBlaster: New version of SpywareBlaster is out. SpywareBlaster Update Available 8427
  10. Portable HDD not recognized

Portable HDD not recognized: I have 2 WD portable HDD's that are not recognized by W10. I plug them into an external Tripp-Lite USB 3.0 that I added as my PC is old and only has USB 2.0 I have never had an issue like this. I used both of these 2Tb portable HDD's for a couple years with zero...