Windows 10: Need to get this new DPI value from the registry (Windows 10)

Discus and support Need to get this new DPI value from the registry (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, How can I get this value: Screenshot From the registry? I know that in this case I need also to know what is the primary display or how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gil900, Sep 3, 2015.

1. gil900 Win User

Need to get this new DPI value from the registry (Windows 10)

Hello,
    How can I get this value:
    Screenshot

From the registry?

I know that in this case I need also to know what is the primary display or how to get only the primary display value because I want to get the value that set only for the primary display..

The key "LogPixels" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    Is no longer relevant for me in Windows 10.

Thank you!

:)

gil900, Sep 3, 2015

2. How to reserve windows 10 without Get Windows 10 App

you came here trying to solve your problem with reserving your own windows 10 ? you are in the right place then

you don't even need Get Windows 10 App to solve your problem

lets start !

first thing you need to do is go to regedit

and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade.

if you see this registry : ReservationAllowed with the value 0 then change it to 2

next we need to add some registries

right click > new > DWORD (32 -bit) value and name the registry as : AllowOSUpgrade with value of 1

right click > new > DWORD (32 -bit) value and name the registry as : KickoffDownload with value of 1

right click > new > DWORD (32 -bit) value and name the registry as : KickoffSource with value of 0

right click > new > DWORD (32 -bit) value and name the registry as : OSUpgradeInternet with value of 1

after creating all the registries close regedit and go to Windows Update , you will see that Windows 10 is ready to download !!

Congrats !!!!! you are ready to go

hamodebu_50, Sep 3, 2015
  3. asaf212 Win User
    i have a problem with adobe programs on win10

and there is a solution to it but win 10 wont let me. this is the link
    to the fix.

it's need to add a registry and change its value to Decimal. but win10 won't let me change the value to decimal. always go back to hexadecimal. i am the administrator but it won't let me do it.

2 reps from Microsoft try to do it and they couldn't change it to decimal. i don't know what to do. and i tried other fixes without the registry with the size font and it don't work.

asaf212, Sep 3, 2015
  4. sgage Win User

Check here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

sgage, Sep 3, 2015
  5. gil900 Win User
    Thank you,
    I saw that AppliedDPI changed to 96 after I changed it to 100 in this GUI after I re-logged in to my user.

I will keep testing this.. I hope that this Key is only about the main screen otherwise it will cause a mess

EDIT:
    After several tests, I confirm it - it's only about the display that set to be the main display - which is good for me.

gil900, Sep 4, 2015
  6. sgage Win User
    Yes, changing any of the display metrics seems to require a sign out/sign in.

Glad it worked out for you...

sgage, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need to get this new DPI value from the registry (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Need DPI value

2. "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10: I see that that the problem of not being able to open image files in Windows 10, with the message "Invalid value for registry", has been covered several times over the years. However mine has an additional twist as follows - On our computer there are two accounts, mine and my...
  3. "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10: I see that that the problem of not being able to open image files in Windows 10, with the message "Invalid value for registry", has been covered several times over the years. However mine has an additional twist as follows - On our computer there are two accounts, mine and my...
  4. "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Registry value is not getting updated for the applied patch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry value is not getting updated for the applied patch: Microsoft SQL Server Obsolete Version: Authenticated vulnerability after the patching. the registry value wasn't changing after applying the MS Patch which is why it was still reflecting in the vulnerability but it should have been when the patch got applied....
  6. Registry value is not getting updated for the applied patch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry value is not getting updated for the applied patch: Microsoft SQL Server Obsolete Version: Authenticated vulnerability after the patching. the registry value wasn't changing after applying the MS Patch which is why it was still reflecting in the vulnerability but it should have been when the patch got applied....
  7. Need the default value for the AutoRun registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need the default value for the AutoRun registry: cmd automatically closes, found a soultion that says delete the autorun reg. Now my pc boots with a cmd prompt and i have to manually type explorer.exe to start it. All i need is the default value for autorun in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command...
  8. Getting error message "invalid value for registry"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting error message "invalid value for registry": I recently moved to a new PC using Windows 10 PRO. When I try to display a JPG and PNG file a get an error message saying "invalid value for registry" how can I fix this?...
  9. Need Default Values for Direct3D registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Default Values for Direct3D registry: Hi guys, I think I did something wrong in the registry editor and now I can't open my windows 7 games that are on my windows 10 PC. They worked before I went on the registry editor, so I think the problem is there....
  10. Registry Editor Values are not getting listed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Editor Values are not getting listed: Hello, I wanted to read the registry values for example VisualFXSetting,But in the registry editor it is not visible image attached for reference. I have to run my read application in both admin and non admin rights Machines,Kindly help me is there any other way to read...