Windows 10: Need to identify correct pci express socket

Discus and support Need to identify correct pci express socket in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] Have a Gigabyte f2a88xm motherboard with a Geforce GTX650TI Boost fitted. now want to fit a sound card and am looking at a Creative Sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Need to identify correct pci express socket

Need to identify correct pci express socket [​IMG]
    Have a Gigabyte f2a88xm motherboard with a Geforce GTX650TI Boost fitted.

now want to fit a sound card and am looking at a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy PCIe RX 7.1 Sound Card with High Performance Headphone Amp

however I understand this is a pci Express 1.0 card and trying to work out if this is the very short socket under my graphic card, if so rather I assume it can't be used.....if this is the case is there a similar sound card for a different socket ?

:)

reddwarf4ever, Oct 3, 2016

2. Getting windows ready takes about 1-2 hours Because of an error

What is all this supposed to mean?! Because of that i think... i cant update my windows

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port

Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

BusNeed to identify correct pci express socket :Device:Function: 0x0:0x1D:0x3

Vendor IDNeed to identify correct pci express socket :Device ID: 0x8086:0x9D1B

Class Code: 0x30400

PanosBekoulis, Oct 3, 2016
  3. Jerky Mouse after Win10 upgrade...

Hello Jesinta

Thank you for your help.

Following your recomendations the only thing to identify is a yellow error sign against PCI Express Root Port. I have attempted to update the driver but :-

"Windows determined the driver software for your device is up to date"

although the PCI Express port is where the Grahics card is installed?

I cannot find anywhere in device manager or drivers where the Geforce 8400 GS PCI-E

graphics card is mentioned!

All of this is very puzzling as prior to updating to Windows 10 from Windows 7 the system was stable and reliable.

GrahamGeeson, Oct 3, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Need to identify correct pci express socket

Kbird, Oct 3, 2016
  5. What is SLI ?

The motherboard is a
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket FM2+ - GA-F2A88XM-D3H (rev. 3.0)

Sound card is

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy PCIe RX 7.1 Sound Card with High Performance Headphone Amp

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy PCIe RX 7.1 Sound Card with High Performance Headphone Amp: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories

thought if the sound card said pci Express it only fitted in a certain size socket 1 / 16 etc......not familiar with motherboard sockets, which doesn't help
    thanks

p.s.
    graphic card fitted is
    EVGA 02G-P4-3658-KR GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost Superclocked Nvidia Graphics Card (2GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0, 192-Bit)

EVGA 02G-P4-3658-KR GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost Superclocked Nvidia Graphics Card (2GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0, 192-Bit): Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories

reddwarf4ever, Oct 3, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    Sorry AMD MB so SLI is called CrossFire , it is where you link two videocards for improved performance.

there are 4 types of PCIE slots and generally you can put shorter cards in longer slots if needed , more info

Everything You Need to Know About the PCI Express - Page 4 of 5 - Hardware Secrets

I would do a bit more research before putting down your hard earned $$$ , the Drivers have not been updated for Win10 since January , and that was only because it wouldn't install on 32bit Windows. , there is also a post on AmazonUK you linked.......... below.....mentioning Drivers too...... though it sounds good apparently once working.

it looks great and also sounds great....Once you get it working that is, if you have a Windows 10 based PC then I'd advise you to look up some forums for support advice on this before purchasing it or to go with another brand with better driver support (Personally I would recommend ASUS from experience). But despite my initial negativity once setup the sound you get from this can't be compared to any On-Board solution I've experienced, it is simply incredible, I have mine connected to my Sony Surround Sound System (1000 Watts) and I get no distortion like I used to from my ASUS motherboards In-Built Audio solution at the highest volume levels. In conclusion if you want a great sound card this is one of them, just make sure to do some research first on driver support for your operating system.

Kbird, Oct 4, 2016
  7. Thanks

so I can use this card in one of the other pci Express slots .?

so if I use the pci Express slot on the left side, near the two USB sockets then it looks like the sound card will still present the audio ports at the case side as it would have done with the X1 slot .....does that make sense ?

the video card is I think in a X 16 slot !!

ps the Amazon reviewers comments are a bit old , I think.....checked the website and Windows 10 32 & 64 bit drivers are there.....will check elsewhere for reviews as suggested....but does look good, there is a cheaper version....
    Creative Blaster Audigy Fx 5.1 PCIe Sound Card with SBX Pro Studio: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories

which is 5.1 instead of 7.1......not sure if for gaming it would be as good ?

the link you gave me to pci Express slots was very interesting....thank you.....so my graphic card is in a pci Express 16 slot, hope it uses all 16, if available.....not just 8

reddwarf4ever, Oct 4, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

All 3 PCIE slots are the same distant from the IO Plane (back of Computer where usb ports are etc)

AFAIK know the 1st part of all PCIE slots is the same, short like the Soundcard pcie1.0) or long like a GFX Card (Pciex16) which has to be longer for extra power requirements and Data Lanes etc.

oops let me re-read above you edited it....

Yes there are Drivers but as I said not updated since Jan. 2016

it is not a new Soundcard ..... but should be fine once setup , Creative just hasn't been known for years to be timely with Driver Updates is all.

Kbird, Oct 4, 2016
  9. Sorry seems you replied during my editing......also deleted the incorrect Mobo schematic

thank you so much I have learnt a lot today, thanks to you.

10. Kbird Win User
    The Cheaper Card uses a Realtek ALC 889 Chip as Far as I know/saw , not a Creative EMU one. So the quality might not be there , it is what is in my 5yr old Gigabyte Motherboard.

Is the onboard Chip on yours dead or no good?

GPUz will give you more info on your GFX Card and about the PCie Version etc.

GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

Kbird, Oct 4, 2016
  11. Kbird Win User
    Stop that !!!! *Smile editted above....

Kbird, Oct 4, 2016
  12. It's actually for my son, but we have identical computers....he complains of the microphone needing the boost turned on so that he can be heard during gaming, but causes crackling noises....but ok on teamspeak...tried front and rear sockets, same issue...assume mobo issue....so to fix this I thought a good soundcard..

13. Kbird Win User

Sounds like a good plan , Creative did always have Clean sound , as I don't game much anymore I have just done with the Onboard the last couple of years especially since I use headphones and don't need 7.1 or even a Mike since I don't play Team games online.

The cheaper Card is still supported by Realtek , I'd guess unless Creative changed it somehow , but I can't say for sure it will be any better than what you have.

Did you try a USB Mike instead ? eg the one in a Webcam even?

Kbird, Oct 4, 2016
  14. Using built in mic with
    HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset PC/PS4/Mac/Mobile - Red headset, so has to come from audio sockets, I guess......
    my son only uses a headset for gaming, so wonder if that sound card would be overkill...

15. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Need to identify correct pci express socket - Similar Threads - Need identify correct

2. PCI EXPRESS ROOT COMPLEX DRIVER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCI EXPRESS ROOT COMPLEX DRIVER: hello,So I ran a scan to see what drivers needed to be updated and it is saying my PCI express root complex driver is from 2006 and it says there is a 2020 version available. I did try update driver in win 11 device manager but it says I have the latest driver. The program is...
  3. Advanced Error Reporting PCI Express

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advanced Error Reporting PCI Express: I'm having a problem with my PC. it freezes in games and i have to force shutdown to get out of that freezein windows logs events i have this:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 4/13/2023 3:18:54 PM Event ID: 17 Task Category: None Level: Warning...
  4. Advanced Error Reporting PCI Express

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Error Reporting PCI Express: I'm having a problem with my PC. it freezes in games and i have to force shutdown to get out of that freezein windows logs events i have this:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 4/13/2023 3:18:54 PM Event ID: 17 Task Category: None Level: Warning...
  5. PCI Express Root Port error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCI Express Root Port error: My Acer predator helios 300 computer started with an event Kernel PNP event ID 440 followed by a Kernel PNP warning, event ID 219 - The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_13431025&REV_07\3&11583659&0&20. followed by multiple...
  6. PCI Express Root Complex

PCI Express Root Complex: After I downloaded the "PCI Express Root Complex" update, my computer really got screwed up. Is it really necessary to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pci-express-root-complex/ae358f62-c96c-4f7f-afc2-6d604fb5aa78
  7. PCI express on windows

PCI express on windows: I have tested 15 different PCI-Express display cards on a i3 Gigabyte/intel motherboard with windows 7/8/10 . Windows 7 is the last windows that was capable to handle two or more displays. from windows 8 upwards windows are unable to handle pci-express displays no matter if...
  8. PCI Express Root Port

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PCI Express Root Port: Hi, I built my windows desktop a few months ago and have never been able to get it to sleep or hibernate. I ran the powercfg -lastwake command and received this back: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count...
  9. USB 3 PCI Express Board

USB 3 PCI Express Board: I fitted a USB 3 PCI Express Board and kept getting a code 43 tried every thing and finally returned it, and the supplier sent me a second PCI board which doesn't give a code 43 and when I check it out on Device Manager it says that iI have the most up to date drivers and the...
  10. PCI Express card stops working

PCI Express card stops working: I have a desktop Dell XPS 8300 running Window 10 pro. Since a couple of years it has been equiped with a 2+1port SATA III + IDE-PCI Express card. The combination worked perfectly untill a few weeks ago, the computer gets blue screens and restarted. Now I can no longer see...