Windows 10: Need to make "Phone Companion" go away

Discus and support Need to make "Phone Companion" go away in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I plugged my Canon camera in today to move some photos I got a new option window, one option was to use the usual Photo Transfer utility, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TV2, Feb 6, 2016.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Need to make "Phone Companion" go away

When I plugged my Canon camera in today to move some photos I got a new option window, one option was to use the usual Photo Transfer utility, the other was a new Phone Companion option.
    Curious, I clicked on Phone Companion to see what that was about. (stupid - stupid stupid).

Now every time I connect the camera I no longer get a choice of options (sometimes I need to use Corel) but get this nag instead:

Need to make "Phone Companion" go away [​IMG]

Need to make "Phone Companion" go away [​IMG]

_
    How can I reset this back to the way it was?
    I've tried the settings in Autoplay for pictures. No change.

:)

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Feb 6, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Feb 6, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Can you do a system restore to a time before you made the change?

Winuser, Feb 6, 2016
  5. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    I could, and I thought about it. But my last restore point was Feb 2nd, and I've made some changes in between (including registry edits) and would like to avoid it if I can.
    (And yes, that's more stupidity!)

6. Winuser Win User
    We learn by our mistakes. *Smile

Winuser, Feb 7, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    Just had a thought. You could backup the registry. Do the system restore then restore the registry from the backup. Can't help with the other changes.

Winuser, Feb 7, 2016
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

OK. Did the restore back to Feb 2nd. All is good now.

Will only need to make my registry edits again.
    My LAN freaked out, and I had to reset the modem and router to fix it. Probably an address conflict.
    And one program needed to be reinstalled (that I was unaware had been updated). It seems that 10 is doing s**t behind my back. If it were a person........!

But anyway, thanks for the help.

No more looking at MS stuff for me.

9. Winuser Win User
    Glad I could help you with your problem. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need to make "Phone Companion" go away - Similar Threads - Need Phone Companion

2. How to make it go away ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make it go away ?: Hello please someone help me understand why this pc hardware diagnostic UEFI keeps showing out of nowhere, like whenever I'm using my laptop it'd block and stop working and then it would shut down and this menu with memory test and hard drive test shows up and even when i hit...
  3. How to make it go away ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make it go away ?: Hello please someone help me understand why this pc hardware diagnostic UEFI keeps showing out of nowhere, like whenever I'm using my laptop it'd block and stop working and then it would shut down and this menu with memory test and hard drive test shows up and even when i hit...
  4. Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Companion: Good morning. I would like to delete the Phone Companion from my laptop. Would appreciate advice on how to do it. Thank you, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-companion/b3e43493-32be-40f4-ad82-bb304829feea
  5. Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Companion: Good morning. I would like to delete the Phone Companion from my laptop. Would appreciate advice on how to do it. Thank you, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-companion/b3e43493-32be-40f4-ad82-bb304829feea
  6. Explorer: Making libraries go away

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: Making libraries go away: In File Explorer, I have unchecked "Show Libraries" and have added a subfolder of a subfolder of Documents to my Quick Access list. When I open the folder from QA, it expands to appear under Libraries > Documents > Documents > and so on, rather than in the main list headed by...
  7. Make One Drive go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make One Drive go away: I just transferred all of my documents from my old computer to my new one. For some reason it looks like they all went to One Drive. I do not use One Drive as I spend half of my time in areas with no internet access. I want to move all of my files to my computer and not...
  8. Outlook Sign in - make it go away!

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Sign in - make it go away!: Suddenly in the last week or so I was given the gift of the new Outlook. I don't really like it but I can learn to live with all the wasted screen space - I'm sure Microsoft developers know what's best for me!!. However, now almost every time I try to check my emails I get...
  9. Making MSN go away.

in Browsers and Email
    Making MSN go away.: So. At the moment, I have no working phone jacks in my house and am therefore throwing money at my neighbour while I wait for a tech to actually show up. This means that while my desktop is online, my HTPC is not: it lives in its own little world connected to my router and a...
  10. Making AVAST Go Away?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Making AVAST Go Away?: Updating the latest CCleaner installed AVAST even with me unchecking the box to install it. I ran the AVAST uninstall, then did a search for *avast*.* in Explorer and am still left with this: [img] A run of CCleaner Registry check came up clean. So, can I safely just...