Windows 10: need to move and use an micro sd on my tablet ,i have no free space

Discus and support need to move and use an micro sd on my tablet ,i have no free space in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi i got a WinPad tablet with windows 10 ,i have no more free space ,it has only 32GB there is only windows 10 installation , no photos ,no music ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drugo, Mar 17, 2018.

1. drugo Win User

need to move and use an micro sd on my tablet ,i have no free space

hi
    i got a WinPad tablet with windows 10 ,i have no more free space ,it has only 32GB
    there is only windows 10 installation , no photos ,no music , in short it's full only with windows
    i tried to windows disk cleaner but there is really few Gb free
    so I bought a 64Gb mico sd to increase the device memory
    can you give me some good adivses to increase the main memory using this sd ?
    i don't know if i should go with set 1 or 2
    1) create a folder on the main tablet called sd memory , and assign the sd to this folder ,so will be in the internal memory
    2) or keep as sd internal without assign a folder like sd memory and assign a letter like D:
    can i move the entire users folders (with all the child sub folders ) to the sd?
    can you give me some good advises?
    thanks mates

:)

drugo, Mar 17, 2018
  2. Sam___ Win User

What is stored on my machine when using Storage Spaces?

Hi Nathan,

I recently received my new Micro SDXC card, and am trying to set up Storage Spaces. When I initially tried, I received the following message:

You will not be able to use storage space because it's a function to provide drive resiliency. It basically protects your data from drive failure, however to use the feature you need 2 new drives. Attaching those drives would mean that you cannot take the
    tablet without the drives. Use the SD card to move some data from your C:\ drive, such as your personal libraries to this new SD card. This will free up space on your C:\ and will allow you to continue saving more data to the tablet.

-Sam

Sam___, Mar 17, 2018
  3. Micro sd card reader driver

what diver is needed for micro sd card reader for the tablet ?

Moved from Insider

RobertGreensk, Mar 17, 2018
  4. Callender Win User

Suggest - don't put anything on the MicroSD card that you cannot afford to lose. Unless it's a quality MicroSD card it's likely to suffer data corruption at some point.

RE: Space. There's no way that windows should use all space. Have a look at these:

Delete System Restore Points in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

What's using space:

WinDirStat Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

Antibody Software - WizTree finds the files and folders using the most disk space on your hard drive (Get Portable)

Callender, Mar 17, 2018
  5. drugo Win User
    hi
    restore points are disabled and deleted ,i clean all with Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

i can disable hibernate in the tablet ,but 32gb are not enough
    i had to use a micro sd ,honestly a tablet with only 32gb and windows 10 are really few space
    i appreciate your advise about microsd quality but i had to move to sd there is really no free space
    i have used program to know what eats space C:\windows and C:\users
    thanks

drugo, Mar 17, 2018
  6. Callender Win User
    Callender, Mar 17, 2018
  7. drugo Win User
    hi
    have you a tablet with w10 ?
    will be the sd as interal storage work as the internal memory? i mean 64gb + 32gb (of the tablet)
    i guess i can format the sd from the tablet in ntfs or?
    thanks

drugo, Mar 17, 2018
  8. Callender Win User

Anyway I speak from personal experience. I tried moving libraries to NFTS formatted MicroSD and it was not reliable at all. I ended up reformatting and only using it for non essential stuff that I did not need to backup.

RE: NTFS formatted MicroSD. You'd need to format it as primary partition and optimize for quick removal (even if you never remove it)

Have a read of this:

MP3 files getting corrupted when transferring to micro-SD cards Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Callender, Mar 17, 2018
  9. Callender Win User
    Yes I have a tablet.

The MicroSD card shows up as a separate drive so as far as I know you cannot combine it with Windows partition.

need to move and use an micro sd on my tablet ,i have no free space [​IMG]

Above is my setup which is not what you are looking for.

Callender, Mar 17, 2018
  10. drugo Win User
    hi

can i format in ntfs from the tablet? or do i need to use a pc
    and compress can help?
    thank you so much

drugo, Mar 17, 2018
  11. Callender Win User
    You can use your tablet if you install free MiniTool Partition Wizard. Be warned that I had nothing but problems. Incorrect file sizes reported and disappearing files. That's why i reverted changes. Perhaps you'll have better luck. Don't mess about without a backup.

need to move and use an micro sd on my tablet ,i have no free space [​IMG]

Don't know anything much about compressing files on MicroSD.

Callender, Mar 17, 2018
  12. drugo Win User
    hi
    do you have problems with the micro sd formated to exfat too?
    thanks man!

drugo, Mar 17, 2018
  13. Callender Win User

Yes I do. Some files stick and some vanish. I'd stick to testing for now.

Copy a few folders of .mp3 & .jpg files to SD and leave the copies on it for a few days to see if the files (and folders) stick. Also try placing a few portable apps on the SD and run them from there. Test to see if the files remain after a few reboots.

As far as I know NTFS format is best because of file permissioning issues with other formats.

Callender, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. need to move and use an micro sd on my tablet ,i have no free space - Similar Threads - need move micro

2. i need to free up space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need to free up space: Hello, i want to free up some space on my laptop. I can delete the files inside temp but I'm scared to delete the files inside temp. I will ask Microsoft if it's safe to delete files inside temp. If anybody knows other useless windows apps, files etc, reply to me with the...
  3. i need to free up space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need to free up space: Hello, i want to free up some space on my laptop. I can delete the files inside temp but I'm scared to delete the files inside temp. I will ask Microsoft if it's safe to delete files inside temp. If anybody knows other useless windows apps, files etc, reply to me with the...
  4. Need help in clearing the Micro SD Card.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help in clearing the Micro SD Card.: Hi,So I have a SD Card which is 16 gb...But I don't have a SD card reader and I have entered the SD card in my smartphone and used the USB wire to share all the things,But I have copied all the pics,vids in a different folder.But now I want to delete all the thing in the card...
  5. micro sd cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    micro sd cards: so ive recently discovered a problem on my windows 10 machine that it doesnt correctly read large micro sd cards, but does correctly pick up smaller size ones. i also have a laptop that ive check, which correctly disaplys the large mirco sd card tho. itll be nice to know why...
  6. Using Micro sd card for storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using Micro sd card for storage: Good day to all. I have this hp laptop with a ssd drive with the operating system, All my documents photos etc are on an external ssd in an enclosure connected with USB cable.I'm quite happy with the setup works okay I'd does what I want it to do. Friend of mine has a similar...
  7. Using Micro sd card for storage

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Micro sd card for storage: Good day to all. I have this hp laptop with a ssd drive with the operating system, All my documents photos etc are on an external ssd in an enclosure connected with USB cable.I'm quite happy with the setup works okay I'd does what I want it to do. Friend of mine has a similar...
  8. I want to free up some space on my Tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to free up some space on my Tablet: I want to be able to free space on my Tablet and put it on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-free-up-some-space-on-my-tablet/f87631a7-355a-4280-a026-9811b349ef9e
  9. micro sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    micro sd card: how can you play a video from the micro sd card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/micro-sd-card/6b3649a7-4998-4708-889e-17393ae74f39
  10. General help needed Micro sd storage

in Windows 10 Support
    General help needed Micro sd storage: Hi all, I'm new to the forums, been lurking a while though. I have a NextBook Flexx10 with Bing that I upgraded to Windows 10 the first day I got it. Here's my configuration... I am using a Sandisk ultra plus micro SD card mapped to a folder on the C: drive, treating the...